"is Squatch Eating Our Kids" This Makes Me See Bf Differently, It's Scary!

Paulides also discusses 'wildmen'. Human's that live off the land in wilderness areas. He touches on reports of hikers that have been pursued by these people within national parks.

I think with the reality of poor economic times and people becoming more and more paranoid about being on the grid I think it highly probable that more people are making a go at it in the natural world. Being that this can lend itself to another scenario of wishing to not be found .. whether it be a troop of SSq or naturalizing humans, the ends may not be all that dissimilar if and when you come across these alleged groups. Also the deep areas of thin human involvement are places that certain folks who might not make for a friendly encounter gravitate to, such as marijuana cultivators and meth amphetamine industrialists. They certainly have a vested interest to not be found out. We also cant leave out the myriads of sick individuals that just have very little concern for human life let alone a child's and lest we forget the child slave market that absolutely exists sickeningly. None of this rules out the possibilities of the SSq nabbing people or kids either, but as time goes on that argument will tend to seem less plausible in the main.

Guest BuzzardEater

If one assumes Bigfoot are intelligent, then one must assume they think. Why would a thinking creature eschew all modern amenities? Why would a thinker avoid humans? What thought has prevented any contact?

I can only imagine something that approximates a religious cult/warlord society to explain it. Otherwise, there would be frequent defectors. The Bigfoots must believe it is evil to interact with humans! They must reinforce this every day, even in small familial groups, and punish rulebreakers with death. Imagine a religious order of monks, sworn to vows of silence, celibacy and poverty, that follow a Spartan ideal. An apparent element is the occasional human sacrifice.

Related to that line of thinking is the branch suggesting humans are used to make Bigfoots. The idea of provoking monstrous growth in pursuit of some fantastic ideal is alien to us, but can be discussed rationally. It is possible to impose a series of therapies upon a forming body and achieve some sort of advantage. Bone configuration as practiced by some martial arts has demonstrated improved strength along a length of bone by repetitious breaking and guided healing. Pituitary gland stimulation has been demonstrated to cause giant growth in humans. Perhaps this knowledge has been gathered over the centuries and now can be reliably applied to produce one of these monsters? Perhaps they view it as enlightenment and guard it fiercely?

Which is more monstrous? A child damaged beyond repair and left to lead a hard, terrible life, confined to the outsized body forced upon it, unable to speak ever again, or the swiftly killed and eaten?

Why would a thinking creature eschew all modern amenities?

I can't really speak to the rest of your post, but I'll take a shot at this one.

Modern amenities are presumed to be shelter, clothing, tools and a human society social structure? If necessity is the mother of invention, then it follows that they didn't invent them because they don't need them. Why would a creature who is covered in hair and impervious to the elements need the type of shelter or clothing that we do? Why would a creature with the strength of a great ape need the types of tools we use? Why would a creature who can eat meat raw need fire? Why would a top predator with few peers need great strength in numbers? They don't.

And that's what we see (or not, lol): No shelter, no cooking, no fire, no tools, no large tribes but only small family groups and singles.

If they have a large amount of intelligence or different types of intelligence, then it's directed elsewhere than the places we humans have directed ours.

Edited by madison5716

Why would a thinking creature eschew all modern amenities?

I can't really speak to the rest of your post, but I'll take a shot at this one.

Modern amenities are presumed to be shelter, clothing, tools and a human society social structure? If necessity is the mother of invention, then it follows that they didn't invent them because they don't need them. Why would a creature who is covered in hair and impervious to the elements need the type of shelter or clothing that we do? Why would a creature with the strength of a great ape need the types of tools we use? Why would a creature who can eat meat raw need fire? Why would a top predator with few peers need great strength in numbers? They don't.

And that's what we see (or not, lol): No shelter, no cooking, no fire, no tools, no large tribes but only small family groups and singles.

If they have a large amount of intelligence or different types of intelligence, then it's directed elsewhere than the places we humans have directed ours.

I'll add to that, that I have also read that they have shown an interest in fire, and in clothing, if we are to believe the encounters that we read about. To me, that would indicate an interest in what humans are doing, even if it's not something they want to do themselves.

If we were at a stage of communication with them, would it be possible that they would want to learn to build a fire, cook their food, and cloak their bodies for warmth? It may seem pretty far out there, but I won't be the person to say it's impossible.

Personally, if I could run around naked all the time, I'd be all for it. I hate clothes. To this day my husband doesn't understand why I'm always barefoot...weather permitting.

To me, that would indicate an interest in what humans are doing, even if it's not something they want to do themselves.

Ah, that's the point I enjoy considering. I am as curious about them as they may be about the human species. We just scare the daylights out of one another apparently (well, I can confirm that they scare the daylights out of ME and I assume it's mutual, lol).

I'm not going to address the NA stories..

Personally, I find it unfortunate that Paulides wrote something like this. First, the obvious, we can't even prove this animal is out there - and Mr. Paulides writes a book talking about how bigfoot snatches kids and others as a food source...... Should this animal be proven to exist - let's hope not too many in the general public read this book. People need to look no further than the fear of their child being taken, hurt or killed by an animal for most to argue strongly to have the animal wiped off the planet.

What I find interesting is simply this. Most reports by kids talk of a "monkey" that was playing with them. They say the "monkey" was playing peek-a-boo and other games. I have read no stories of a bigfoot snatching a kid (or anyone else for that matter). I remember a story (on the news) from a few years ago about a little boy who was lost in the woods - and when he was found safe (when he should have been very, very sick) he said something about a Man with lots of hair (I can't remember the exact words) taking care of him and keeping him safe. The little boy said nothing about the "Hairy person" trying to chew on his arm or leg..

If one cares about the protection of this animal - I would think this would be the last kind of speculation to be putting out into the public.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Melissa

To me, that would indicate an interest in what humans are doing, even if it's not something they want to do themselves.

Ah, that's the point I enjoy considering. I am as curious about them as they may be about the human species. We just scare the daylights out of one another apparently (well, I can confirm that they scare the daylights out of ME and I assume it's mutual, lol).

They are beautiful to each other. We're the ugly outsiders.

I've never had an encounter, that I'm aware of, but for about the last 10 years, every summer, I'm in an area known for some activity. I think perhaps I just wasn't paying attention. I'll certainly be listening more carefully next time I'm there, but I don't think I'll be doing anything to attract them. I do think I will be taking pics of 'nothing' in the woods to examine later on the computer.

If one cares about the protection of this animal - I would think this would be the last kind of speculation to be putting out into the public.

Just my 2 cents.

One would think. I'll admit that when I first came across that article, well before discovering the bff, it scared the crap outta' me. Might still be the reason I'm not anxious about having a bf encounter.

One would think. I'll admit that when I first came across that article, well before discovering the bff, it scared the crap outta' me. Might still be the reason I'm not anxious about having a bf encounter.

I have read a lot of reports and talked to many witnesses, Elaine, and honestly - situations where this alleged animal could have hurt or killed someone -- well it just didn't happen. I am more concerned with animals I know about and people - than a Bigfoot hurting or killing me. I really don't think Paulides did this animal any favors with this book.

If one assumes Bigfoot are intelligent, then one must assume they think. Why would a thinking creature eschew all modern amenities? Why would a thinker avoid humans? What thought has prevented any contact?

I can only imagine something that approximates a religious cult/warlord society to explain it. Otherwise, there would be frequent defectors. The Bigfoots must believe it is evil to interact with humans! They must reinforce this every day, even in small familial groups, and punish rulebreakers with death. Imagine a religious order of monks, sworn to vows of silence, celibacy and poverty, that follow a Spartan ideal. An apparent element is the occasional human sacrifice.

I like to think I have some intelligence, and therefore I think too. But I've never thought of this "religious cult/warlord society" to explain why Bigfoot isn't a recognized species yet. And since I think, and I haven't thought of this yet, it is safe to assume that Bigfoot might not have thought of this yet either...

I think Bigfoot's avoidance of humans isn't a result of their personal thoughts and decision making, but more of a result of evolution, instinct, competition & survival.

At one time I'm sure we and Bigfoot were probably in close competition with each other. We ate the same foods, so we competed for the same limited resources, so we fought and killed each other over those resources. To avoid each other we filled the day-time niche, they filled the night-time niche. So over time, due to evolution, those people and bigfoot who had a natural fear of each other were the ones that survived. And since that natural fear was a survival trait, that trait was passed on and on, and became dominant.

This explains why today, when we see a Bigfoot a lot of us are overcome with fear and why when a Bigfoot sees us it turns and walks away.

This is just my opinion though...

I have read a lot of reports and talked to many witnesses, Elaine, and honestly - situations where this alleged animal could have hurt or killed someone -- well it just didn't happen. I am more concerned with animals I know about and people - than a Bigfoot hurting or killing me. I really don't think Paulides did this animal any favors with this book.

And I've since gotten the same message since joining the bff, and reading the posts, and have exchanged a few private messages. The problem is that, it's still a wild animal, and I'm inexperienced. Inexperience is not to be taken lightly, so I don't. Perhaps at some point my attitude will change. For now though, I don't even know for sure if I'll have an encounter in the area I'm looking at. And it's not like I'm going out of my way, wouldn't do that. My husband and I are there every around Memorial Day.

Paulides also discusses 'wildmen'. Human's that live off the land in wilderness areas. He touches on reports of hikers that have been pursued by these people within national parks.

Growing up in Northwestern Nevada as the son of a geologist, I spent a lot of time in the high desert and mountains, both with people and alone.

One of our biggest concerns whenever we were out in the middle of nowhere were people who live off of the grid, and we ran into such regularly. My father used to wear a visible holstered pistol for this specific reason. These people would crest the hill and just stare at you from a distance, sizing you up. Often they were also armed. I learned that in such situations you simply sized them up too without backing away. Usually they'd go on about their business after a while.

I remember one time we were on some dirt road fifty miles from the nearest community as we passed a crossroads (these roads usually led to some remote mine). I was in the back of the jeep and noticed a 4x4 pickup concealed in the low area just off of the road. It was positioned so that it was not easily seen until we had passed and was nearly the same color as the soil. We hadn't gone more than seventy-five yards before it pulled onto the road and began following us. As it closed, my father held his pistol out of the window, pointing it up, so that it was visible. The truck, with two guys in it, dropped back, turned around and went the other way.

People are the biggest danger out there.

Bigfoot, however, are also a concern. When you've been stalked by them, you realize that they can take you just about any time they want. I do believe that they prey on people at times. Viewing them as animals puts you at an unnecessary disadvantage. Based on everything I've seen, they're just as smart as homo sapiens and their intelligence is specifically applied to survival.

Admin

Sounds Like a Modest Proposal.

You make a good point. BF has been indirectly portrayed in Paulides book as a Salem witch. We don't need droves of people rounding them up. Kids turn up missing so ignorance and fear cause us to lynch the closest culprit, BF.

I've read more stories of BF saving kids and none about them being carried off. One kid fell out of a boat in some rapids, was knocked out, and woke up in a BF den. He was allowed to wander back to the scout camp.

However, Indians reported BFs sometimes kidnapped women and children. Could this have been out of retaliation when innocent BFs were shot with arrows? Are some BFs simply homocidal like sick humans?

In Oregon a rancher killed 7 cougars in a years period, and this is up 700% from a several years ago. A cougar can quickly carry a 6 year old kid off to a remote place where remains may never be found. So until find human remains around BF dens, BF is innocent of child kidnappings.

Edited by georgerm