"is Squatch Eating Our Kids" This Makes Me See Bf Differently, It's Scary!

I don't think we can apply the "innocent until proven guilty" theory here. Or even "innocent until proven".

There are stories of kidnappings - Ostman is one. I have read several others. One was a grown man who was held captive and forced to have sex with the female BF. Another was a NA from fairly modern times who died the next day. The Bauman story does not depict a friendly encounter. Then there are numerous NA stories from the past.

JDL, I used to work in NW Nevada. There surely are a few Claude Dallas types still out there like it was the old west, but not many anymore.

Admin

Held captive, and forced to have sex with a female Bigfoot. I would love to have seen how that was communicated. I would like to read that story. Any ideas where it could be located?

I'll see if I can find it. Reportedly she licked his hands and feet raw so he couldn't escape.

Here's a brief mention of it, but the story I read earlier was more detailed. Take it for what it's worth - I'm just relaying what I had read. Some of these storied go beyond fascinating.

Edited by Nod4Eight

Why would a thinking creature eschew all modern amenities?

I can't really speak to the rest of your post, but I'll take a shot at this one.

Modern amenities are presumed to be shelter, clothing, tools and a human society social structure? If necessity is the mother of invention, then it follows that they didn't invent them because they don't need them. Why would a creature who is covered in hair and impervious to the elements need the type of shelter or clothing that we do? Why would a creature with the strength of a great ape need the types of tools we use? Why would a creature who can eat meat raw need fire? Why would a top predator with few peers need great strength in numbers? They don't.

And that's what we see (or not, lol): No shelter, no cooking, no fire, no tools, no large tribes but only small family groups and singles.

If they have a large amount of intelligence or different types of intelligence, then it's directed elsewhere than the places we humans have directed ours.

but there are problems with that line of thought. its a chicken vs egg sort of a debate.

science tells us that in order to get a big brain one must cook their food which allows for more absorbtion of calories. a big brain requires lots of calories even at rest.

no fire equals no big brain equivlant of a human.

and there are alot of by products to having a big brain. tool manufacture, art, music, society, and all the rest that we have found studying other older species of homo that obviously were stonger than we were more hairy and did not have a complete mastery of fire.

upon recently looking at a poll in which posters were asked which human ancestor looked the most like a squatch most people chose something much closer to a austropethicene than homo erectus.

i simply do not think we are dealing with something as smart as a human that has invented nothing because it doesnt have a need. i think the need is not there because its inconcevable to them.

JDL, I used to work in NW Nevada. There surely are a few Claude Dallas types still out there like it was the old west, but not many anymore.

There were all sorts of wierd groups living Northwest of Pyramid Lake back in the '70's and '80's. A couple of cults, with their own monks. There was also apparently a Nazi group out there. Twice we passed one of their convoys. Staff cars, halftrack, etc. At first we thought it must be a film crew of some sort, but it turned out that they had some sort of compound out there.

And then there are the things you run into in the woods back East. I used to hunt with a metal detector for civil war relics. Had a couple of scrapes with pot growers and found more than one wierd altar out in the middle of nowhere.

Elaine said:

And I've since gotten the same message since joining the bff, and reading the posts, and have exchanged a few private messages. The problem is that, it's still a wild animal, and I'm inexperienced. Inexperience is not to be taken lightly, so I don't. Perhaps at some point my attitude will change. For now though, I don't even know for sure if I'll have an encounter in the area I'm looking at. And it's not like I'm going out of my way, wouldn't do that. My husband and I are there every around Memorial Day.

Any animal is capable of great physical harm to a human. The key is to try and learn about the animals and how to not provoke an attack.

Georgerm said:

However, Indians reported BFs sometimes kidnapped women and children.

Human beings do this to one another all the time too. I won't get into NA stories about this - as there are many unanswered questions in my mind about these stories. They could be legit - who knows. But, that doesn't make Bigfoot more dangerous than any other human walking the street. (I'm not saying you are saying this - it's just an observation).

I would think if Bigfoot is snatching kids or females - we would hear stories about this on the news; "Woman playing with 5 year old watches helplessly as a large hairy animal steals her child." I have heard many reports and have watched most of the news stories about bigfoot since 2005 - never once have I heard a story like that.

Putting fear in the minds of the general public, I think, is the last thing we would want to do. Especially if we are interested in protecting the animal.

Elaine said:

And I've since gotten the same message since joining the bff, and reading the posts, and have exchanged a few private messages. The problem is that, it's still a wild animal, and I'm inexperienced. Inexperience is not to be taken lightly, so I don't. Perhaps at some point my attitude will change. For now though, I don't even know for sure if I'll have an encounter in the area I'm looking at. And it's not like I'm going out of my way, wouldn't do that. My husband and I are there every around Memorial Day.

Any animal is capable of great physical harm to a human. The key is to try and learn about the animals and how to not provoke an attack.

Georgerm said:

However, Indians reported BFs sometimes kidnapped women and children.

Human beings do this to one another all the time too. I won't get into NA stories about this - as there are many unanswered questions in my mind about these stories. They could be legit - who knows. But, that doesn't make Bigfoot more dangerous than any other human walking the street. (I'm not saying you are saying this - it's just an observation).

I would think if Bigfoot is snatching kids or females - we would hear stories about this on the news; "Woman playing with 5 year old watches helplessly as a large hairy animal steals her child." I have heard many reports and have watched most of the news stories about bigfoot since 2005 - never once have I heard a story like that.

Putting fear in the minds of the general public, I think, is the last thing we would want to do. Especially if we are interested in protecting the animal.

we never hear stories like that normally because nothing is ever seen with few exceptions like the dennis martin case. mother turns her back for a few moments and the kid simply vanishes.

You folks need to talk to a few people ...

You can keep us away from them, but you can't keep them away from us.

Very thought provoking.

Has anyone heard the account from a Native American reservation in the 70's? I found it ages ago but I can't seem to locate it. According to the story, these people knew about BF and had lived with them for a very long time, then in the 70's one goes rouge all of a sudden, starts stealing food and damaging property. It attacks a house at night, a guy shoots at it and the BF puts him in the hospital. It was a very interesting read.

Rabid? This is something that I just can't get out of my mind. It's just 'right there', ya' know?

Well, norseman, that could be anything - like the kid wandering off. That does not mean a Bigfoot took the child.

no.

not when a two year old child travels eight miles over a mountain in 24 hours in a storm. found naked and there feet are not cut up. these cases defy logic and search and rescue wisdom. its not likely in some cases that a normal human could be the abductor either.

the two 411 books showcase hundreds of missing cases with no logical explanation.

something is abducting people in our parks and forests that seems to for one have herculean strenght ninja like evasion skills and tends to follow trends.

like seperated from a main group, bright color clothes, wilderness terrain, late afternoon to early evening, right before a storm so forth and so on.

Has anyone heard the account from a Native American reservation in the 70's? I found it ages ago but I can't seem to locate it. According to the story, these people knew about BF and had lived with them for a very long time, then in the 70's one goes rouge all of a sudden, starts stealing food and damaging property. It attacks a house at night, a guy shoots at it and the BF puts him in the hospital. It was a very interesting read.

Rabid? This is something that I just can't get out of my mind. It's just 'right there', ya' know?

probable a juvy that grew up to a alpha male common in chimp pets. cute, cuddly and then a buzz saw........kinda like my son now that u mention it.......:)

Edited by norseman

Melissa said "I would think if Bigfoot is snatching kids or females - we would hear stories about this on the news; "Woman playing with 5 year old watches helplessly as a large hairy animal steals her child." I have heard many reports and have watched most of the news stories about bigfoot since 2005 - never once have I heard a story like that."

And that's exactly my point. We are talking about something with a 100% success rate. 100% accurate. That's just not scientifically possible. ALL predators miss sometimes. ALL of them. NOTHING has a 100% success rate. NOTHING.

Well, the possibility exists that people have escaped for some reason or another and not reported it for ...well, the same reasons other sasquatch eyewitnesses don't, starting with: who would believe me? But gotta admit from what I've read: failure sure seems unlikely given the relative capabilities of the parties, and given the way predators operate, one would think attempted predation would be witnessed sooner or later by at least one person who wanted to talk about it.

I frequently say: just about every kind of encounter someone can have with a wild animal, someone has had with a sasquatch. This kind of encounter is conspicuous by its absence.

Well, norseman, that could be anything - like the kid wandering off. That does not mean a Bigfoot took the child.

Regarding the Dennis Martin case [i'm going from memory here from listening to Coast to Coast am, hopefully these details are correct]..........

According to Paulides there was another family in the park that day who had reported seeing something "strange" to Park officials. While the Key family was hiking they had spotted something bizarre passing through a clearing quite some distance away from their vantage point. IIRC their child pointed out what he first thought was a bear. The father immediately recognized it was not a bear when he observed it moving at a spectacularly high rate of speed, bipedally in an upright position.

Upon returning home and hearing the report of the missing Martin boy, they subsequently filed a formal statement with their local FBI office, further detailing what they had reported to Park officials. They described the "whatever it was" as runnning upright and carrying in it's arms something brightly colored. Their description of the colors exactly matched the description of the missing Martin boys clothing; information that had not yet been released to the public. Supposedly Paulides interviewed Dennis Martin while researching for his books, and Dennis Martin was aware of the Key families FBI statement. I believe Paulides claims some documentation of this exists.

If there is any validity to this, the implications are frightening. I'd love to submit a FOIA request on this and see what comes up. If these animals are primates and opportunistic omnivores, there is no reason to doubt that specific individual animals might target a child. Imagine a large hungry loner male who has been some time without substantial sustenance, would they pass on such an easy opportunity? I don't see it as any less likely than a Grizzly targeting a small human, or a chimp targeting a small monkey.

Edited by Irish73

Guest Deucalion

Melissa said "I would think if Bigfoot is snatching kids or females - we would hear stories about this on the news; "Woman playing with 5 year old watches helplessly as a large hairy animal steals her child." I have heard many reports and have watched most of the news stories about bigfoot since 2005 - never once have I heard a story like that."

And that's exactly my point. We are talking about something with a 100% success rate. 100% accurate. That's just not scientifically possible. ALL predators miss sometimes. ALL of them. NOTHING has a 100% success rate. NOTHING.

Sorry but there is something with a 100% success rate and thats death