Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

I am actually starting to wonder if there may be some truth to this story, as gullible as that sounds. :unsure: When I check out the film company's work there are some serious sounding documentaries listed. The website does not come off as a sensationalist enterprise.

Has anyone tried calling over there?

The comments associated with the working title of the project offer no suggestion that there is a 'big reveal' in the offing.

To me, it suggests they are going to present a study of what are probably some sad, isolated and perhaps deluded individuals:

"A fascinating and touching portrait of men who are obsessed with monsters and their adventures to find them."

And that would be OK, but nothing I care too much about - the extreme fringe in any subculture....what gets me is that Bigfoots are real and real people with real feet on the ground have given over their lives to either prove or understand... I suppose I would prefer an in depth look at the likes of Byrne, or Gimlin, or a host of others in a serious study, why the sideshows even among us? Silly question, with 6 billion people on the planet and multi-media our life, as good a topic for sale as any....

But, if it is real and turned into a serious study? There is always repentance and responsibility going forward. Duty to reveal and report to appropriate agencies ASAP ....and we all know a complete genome now takes just weeks.

Edited by apehuman

If Sykes followed Melbas format he would be getting a hard time, he would also probably not have a job.This is the first announced delay that I am aware of, is it not? How many times has Ketchum postponed when her paper was due to be released? If Sykes had spent years postponing results while making (or allowing the leaks of) declarative statements about the nature and existence of Bigfoot, off the cuff with no evidence backing his claims, interspersed with unbelievable claims, he would be getting a hard time.

Maybe she did mean "Angel DNA" figuratively, and not literally, I'll give her that. Maybe sasquatches did braid her horses hair. Maybe she did see a family of five cavorting in the meadow carelessly. Maybe they don't object to her presence. Maybe all of these things are true. BUT, if I was releasing a scientific paper to be published, I would have definitely kept ALL of those odd sounding details to myself until AFTER my paper was peer reviewed and published. It doesn't take a genius to know that was probably not the best route to take.

Skyes said he was going to be releasing his paper by December, he said every thing was on schedule, maybe a little behind, then we herd rumors from lindsay,that his samples were the same results as dr.K, then meldrum, acting like a spoke person, comes out and says he didn't even send the samples in yet.

Skyes comes out to silence the rumors, Same thing Melba did, but she gets thrown under the bus because she is not in the know of the bigfoot community.

There is defiantly a smear campaign against ketchum, partly because who she is, the other part is the rock star researchers could be proven wrong about their ape theory.

At the end of the day, it's all BS, and leaks are going to happen, it's a major discovery, even people that should keep quiet, are going to whisper to family and friends, and you know were it goes from there.

Who runs this blog?

freezer boy

Edited by zigoapex

And, overshadowed by real life and real people ...I am just now seeing news reports of our own killing our own kids, a major shooting apparently in Conn. I am getting off the net today and news.... also, an earthquake off the coast of LA..so adios and always thanks for the wisdoms!

Guest VioletX

And, overshadowed by real life and real people ...I am just now seeing news reports of our own killing our own kids, a major shooting apparently in Conn. I am getting off the net today and news.... also, an earthquake off the coast of LA..so adios and always thanks for the wisdoms!

Yes, I was just watching this...usually I cannot bear to even read this type of news, I was hoping it would only be w couple fatalities...but so many...and children. Someone who can do this is a real monster. It is so sad for the families.

Guest wudewasa

True, we have the luxury to discuss true nonevents when things are going on in the world that are truly horrifying.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I think the description should be changed to "A fascinating and touching portrait of men who are obsessed with receiving attention and their use of monsters and adventures to get it."

Rick posted this 4 hours ago on facebook.

"First of all I would like to think my supporters,followers and friends.

This could not have been achieved without your support. We had no choice but to release this information. I don't regret what I have done. I will do everything in my power to make sure the Bigfoot Community does not profit from or benefit in any way from this discovery.

I have endured insults and defamation for over five years for something I've done when I did not believe in Bigfoot. The Bigfoot community is full of stories and egos. We are in no way connected to the Bigfoot community and all they did for over five years is hinder my investigations.

To my followers and to the public this is for you."

Edited by simplyskyla

I am sorry I read anything about Dryer (have to quit these blogs!) as of course my family just howled, not possible in their minds at all. Me? I don't know, I guess not, especially a daytime camp/bait situation, I don't know why I am willing to beleive it....makes me mad at myself, and I assume b/c I can't imagine who would lie about shooting someone in the back of the head...

This is odd, Justin's house broken into..who steals bear meat? Pretty weird Bigfoot world, and worse than ever in terms of looking like crazies, or so my family tells me. I feel like I have lost perspective,..oy!

http://www.bigfootbu...bed-last-night/

Edited by apehuman

BFF Patron
....This is odd, Justin's house broken into..who steals bear meat?

Yeah they should have added to the contents instead of taken away like left bugs and some small spy cameras so we could complete the book for him. :keeporder:

Edited by bipedalist

Once again I should point out- if you accept the premise that they really are out there, then any one of these stories that come out could be true. If they really were in a Bigfoot habitat, one really could have been outside their tent, and he really could have shot it dead.

BFF Patron

Once again some things don't pass the smell test. Didn't get taken in by Dyer the first time, not about to be taken in now for sure.

Edited by bipedalist