The Kill Club

norseman

Pro kill

1 [pro kil]

verb (used with object)

1. to provide science with a type specimen

2. to take a stand in the bigfoot community as a person willing to end the mystery once and for all

3. to willingly kill one animal in order to save a species

4. to give the armchair skeptics really something to talk about

5. to create an environment among believers that is conducive to truly solving the mystery

*********Warning!!!! I do not want this thread to become a debate between pro kill advocates and nay sayers! If your anti kill than just keep that sentiment to yourself. Thank you.************

What I would like to see in this thread is kind of a "meet and greet" of people in the BFF that are pro kill, and also as a place to discuss local meetings, strategies, plan trips, gear reviews, share maps, sightings, logistics, etc.

I'll briefly introduce myself:

My name is Wade, and I've lived in NE Washington most of my life. I have a ranch above the Columbia river and have horses and mules. I've packed extensively into wilderness areas in Wa, Id and Mt. I'm a avid big game hunter and was at one point in my life a houndsman. When I was younger I had a experience with my father in which we observed a bipedal track way in deep snow in a remote area. I have a wife and four children, with three at home and the oldest going to school at the UofA in Fairbanks studying wildlife biology. I'm very deeply committed to the stance of pro kill, I feel that it is the best chance we have to provide science with a type specimen and ending the mystery once and for all.

Edited by norseman

regardless of my opinions on killing animals, i think it is a bad idea. There are hunting accidents every year in almost every designated season for that particular animal despite tons of rules and regulations and safety precautions.

I don't want to see some young kid in a costume end up dead and some BF enthusiast getting hauled off to the slammer. One of the main rules of hunting is (positively ID the target). So i ask, how do you positively ID a target that has never conclusively been proven to exist?

I don't want to get shot by some shmuck when i'm in the field trekking around in full camo because some guy thought i was a BF.

Guest BastetsCat

I just read that there is supposed to be another BF in a freezer. Possibly the one that was in the tent peeker video. Testing on it is supposed to start in January. So this might already be done. Of coarse that has been before. We will have to wait and see.

I am not pro or anti kill either way...Good luck in your venture.

Pro kill

1 [pro kil]

verb (used with object)

1. to provide science with a type specimen

2. to take a stand in the bigfoot community as a person willing to end the mystery once and for all

3. to willingly kill one animal in order to save a species

4. to give the armchair skeptics really something to talk about

5. to create an environment among believers that is conducive to truly solving the mystery

*********Warning!!!! I do not want this thread to become a debate between pro kill advocates and nay sayers! If your anti kill than just keep that sentiment to yourself. Thank you.************

I'm sorry, but I was under the impression the forum rules allow anyone who wishes to participate, to do so. You can't simply set ground rules meeting your wishes and exclude people because they're automatically in opposition to a premis.

That said, #3 isn't necessarily logical, because we don't know that they need protection. Killing one only proves they exist: it does little of anything to understand them.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I never really understood #3. I don't believe those who support #3 actually have species protection as their ultimate goal.

Guest Cowlitz2

I am neutral on the KILL subject, and just a wait and see person, since it is more than likely that this will happen regardless of what anyone thinks/feels. I am also a firm believer that the governments (Federal and State) have been managing the BF issue for decades. I use to be a hunter long ago and took up fishing instead. Just my opinion.....

• Upvote 1

Norseman,

I support your effort in spirit (and not in hunting ability which I have none).

I have a couple of questions for those of you who are BF hunters:

1) Have there been a real serious hunting expedition for BF ever?

I am aware of Peter Byrne's two tours (1960-62, and 1970-79) in looking for BF, but not sure if they had real hunting strategy.

I also aware of the recent work by TBRC but not sure if they are expert hunters/trackers. (I need to read more on their background and strategy).

If there have been no real effort ever, then no wonder there is no body.

2) How many folks in the BF community are really seriously searching and hunting for BF?

I read a lot of talk and bluster in this forum but very little action in execution except for TBRC. Maybe folks are doing it in secret to obtain fame and glory by themselves. But, IMHO, you need the collective help of a group of expert hunters and trackers who are committed and funded. No lone ranger is going to get this done. Maybe TBRC has the correct model for carryiing this out.

Sorry I can't help with hunting skills and tracking, but if you develop a serious plan for an expedition with good hunting/tracking team and need funding, I will help contribute to the fund.

Edited by Explorer

I'm sorry, but I was under the impression the forum rules allow anyone who wishes to participate, to do so. You can't simply set ground rules meeting your wishes and exclude people because they're automatically in opposition to a premis.

That said, #3 isn't necessarily logical, because we don't know that they need protection. Killing one only proves they exist: it does little of anything to understand them.

Guy, you're right....

BUT, I think its "ok" for Norseman to express a desire that it not turn into another pro-kill -vs- anti-kill thread.

Anyone wanting to debate can use the search feature, and find at least several older existing threads.

If I'm reading him correctly, he kind of wanted a thread dedicated to those who do believe in a pro-kill stance, to have a spot to discuss ideas, tactics, tools, and resources for doing so.

While everyone is allowed by forum rules to partcipate, it would be nice if folks could honor his request, and not turn it into another pro-kill -vs- no-kill battleground.

------------------------------------------------------

Now that I got that part out of the way, I've put some serious thought to this over the last few years.

I've wondered if a good sized group of hunters- say somewhere between 30 and 50, couldnt participate in some drives in known bigfoot areas ?

I've seen it work with great success with deer as a young man, and while I'm aware we're dealing with a different critter- its a known fact that they (Bigfoot) seem to move off or avoid interaction(confrontation) with individual, or groups of people.

SO, maybe if you could organize a series of official hunts in hot spot areas, where you could have the drivers move out spaced out at say 50 to 75 yards, all stretched out in a line, and position shooters at key strategic points, and repeat throughout the course of the day.

Pick the hotspot areas, and go though the deepest, darkest, forests as need be, making lots of noise- banging on trees, whooping it up a bit, and see what you kick out.

I believe with enough effort, and teamwork, that it would be possible to bag one of these creatures- and I'd personally have no problem dropping the hammer on one of them in the name of solving the mystery, and for once and all to get official recognized acknowledgment of existence.

I have some theories on what caliber gun, and type of round etc- but those are personal preference type things, and not necessarily relevant to the discussion. Let's just say it would be high powered, and large caliber- something i know would knock it down with basically one shot. (probly a .458 Win-Mag would do nicely).

All drivers would need to be armed as well, as the possibility for cornering one of them, and being attacked could always be a possibility !

I'd love to take part in a hunt like this someday... I think it would be exciting, to say the least...!

-A-

BFF Patron

Make sure you have a few EMT's and emergency vehicles on loan for the ops is all I have to say maybe schedule it simultaneous with Project Falcon.

Guest poignant

One-kill policy for me.

However, if the DNA proves its worth and leads to official recognition, I'll go back to no-kill.

Driving would be an useful strategy except hunter safety comes to mind. Who knows? Maybe they're smart enough to lead hunters into a position where the risk of crossfire will render the use of guns nonviable.

When I spoke to the "higher ups" in the Alberta Fish and Wildlife they said a Sasquatch could be shot because it's not on the books. However, they made it clear that it would be the 1st and last one shot and don't expect to keep it. My intention has always been to not shoot one. But all bets are off if it charges me.

Guest sprayanpray

I have read all the above written statements and all some type of merit. But we have to remember a lot of things that goes with sending a round down range. You should have seen you're target fully including the face and upper torso and if you have observed the creature/bigfoot/sasquatch or whatever you prefer to call the living mammal.

Other questions appear at this point is it along or with its family. How is acting in a group setting father, mother, juvenile of the group, but if you do select you target It will have to be a single round the second one will give you're location and possible reprisal and the other animals may remove the body (NOT SURE ON THAT PART) but the one shot is a sure thing from all of the eye witness reports I have read these animals are average 7 to 8 ft. and with the weight of 800 lbs. plus throw that in with something being hurt and pissed.

From passed experience some of the animals I have kill in groups and they all scatter they will return within a few minutes to an hour to see if the other animal is still there and have had large male hogs follow the drag back to the truck or wagon and would be looking for a fight by the clicking of the teeth and what I call the blowing’s

The person that preforms this task had better be prepared for the encounter of their life. They must be prepared for the effect for the rest of their life it will follow them until they die even worse if this animal has even a hint of human past or DNA and the shooter kills and juvenile the News media and the Govt may hunt them down and if someone thinks they may profit from the animal good luck on that part when word gets out here comes the lawyers, courts, and ever crackpot that claims to have helped with the gathering of the body and other evidence and the morning talk shows will be awash of professional bigfooters.

But I have an idea some hunter will be in the right place wrong time and take the opportunity and then it will all change.

Guest crabshack

Good luck with killing one, we seem to not have much luck have we.

I’m ok to kill one for science, but if they have double rows of teeth, kill them all for the well being and safety of mankind.

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic