The Kill Club

norseman

Lol sparring- give the neighbor kid $20 to tag along and run around in the valley with a gorilla suit and pheromones on and grunt loudly.

I'd want more than a .270 for a brown bear/moose, but I've been very successful with the right round on 500 lb black bear. This is not an insight most can make, but I can assure you a bipedal primate has a very difficult time maintaining balance/movement after sustaining major torso trauma. If I can easily drop a 150 lb man with primitive body armor with a tiny .223 round, then extrapolating that out to the size you describe...

ya maybe I'd still go with the .06 lol. Probably the best gun to use during an actual sasquatch attack though would be one of those tactical semi-auto 12 gauges that hold seven slugs/shells. He'd be Swiss cheese, but he'd be dead.

Lol sparring- give the neighbor kid $20 to tag along and run around in the valley with a gorilla suit and pheromones on and grunt loudly.

I'd be more afraid of Bubba drawing a bead on him.......:)

I'd want more than a .270 for a brown bear/moose, but I've been very successful with the right round on 500 lb black bear. This is not an insight most can make, but I can assure you a bipedal primate has a very difficult time maintaining balance/movement after sustaining major torso trauma. If I can easily drop a 150 lb man with primitive body armor with a tiny .223 round, then extrapolating that out to the size you describe...

The 5.56 is not known as a good man stopper........that's why they are playing with the 6.8 and the 6.5, which is roughly a .270. I think for a man size target 100 grains of bullet weight is a absolute minimum. In fact in my state a 5.56 is illegal for hunting deer.

But again........when you shot your black bear? Did you have to stop it in a charge? That's how I'd gauge my caliber choice.

ya maybe I'd still go with the .06 lol. Probably the best gun to use during an actual sasquatch attack though would be one of those tactical semi-auto 12 gauges that hold seven slugs/shells. He'd be Swiss cheese, but he'd be dead.

I like big bore rifles......they pack more punch. I use a Marlin .45-70 government guide gun.

So, I guess we are all wasting our time?

You've just got to like what you are doing.. I guess. I don't think I'm wasting my time (will only speak for myself), because I'm still collecting trace evidence, and learning a few things that interest me. I love being out there, as well. Not enough collected.. to prove anything, to anyone.. of course.

What I was lucky enough to briefly see, there would not have been time to raise a gun and shoot... or point a camera. Not to mention.. If you could get over the shock of what you saw, in 3 seconds (took me Much longer).

If you are out in the open hunting these things with a weapon.. I don't think there is a chance, unless you spend a Long time in a tree stand, or blind. They are not dumb, and probably know more about our intentions, than we think. They are not going to show themselves to a hunting party. Just MHO, as always. Maybe being on horseback (like P-G were), is a needed advantage.

Your sighting was completely different, John. I think that you being in the concealed tree stand, was how it was possible.

No offense intended, Norseman. I'm only being frank and realistic, and not going to debate your intentions. We all have different goals and reasons, for doing this.

You've just got to like what you are doing.. I guess. I don't think I'm wasting my time (will only speak for myself), because I'm still collecting trace evidence, and learning a few things that interest me. I love being out there, as well. Not enough collected.. to prove anything, to anyone.. of course.

What I was lucky enough to briefly see, there would not have been time to raise a gun and shoot... or point a camera. Not to mention.. If you could get over the shock of what you saw, in 3 seconds (took me Much longer).

If you are out in the open hunting these things with a weapon.. I don't think there is a chance, unless you spend a Long time in a tree stand, or blind. They are not dumb, and probably know more about our intentions, than we think. They are not going to show themselves to a hunting party. Just MHO, as always. Maybe being on horseback (like P-G were), is a needed advantage.

Your sighting was completely different, John. I think that you being in the concealed tree stand, was how it was possible.

No offense intended, Norseman. I'm only being frank and realistic, and not going to debate your intentions. We all have different goals and reasons, for doing this.

No offense taken, I appreciate your wisdom.

And just a FYI, I'm using a fawn distress call, a fawn decoy and a hunting blind in a attempt to lure one in.

We can deduce many things knowing it's a primate:

1) It's intelligent, but possibly curious. (curious George right?)

2) It has trichromatic vision and has the same color vision we have.

3) It is probably an omnivore, and will take the opportunity for fresh easy meat.

4) It probably doesn't have super keen (bear like) sense of smell. But precautions should be taken, such as an odor blocker or using non scented laundry detergent, shampoo, soap, etc.

Guest Cowlitz2

What is the thinking concerning the claim that a skilled Bow Hunter has a greater probability to actually get a get a shot at one? There are some interesting stories/claims coming from those guys. The thought I would propose is to team an expert stealth hunter with a skilled shooter and bag one? As for driving a cooler to ISU - I can say Jeff is a great guy who works for a completely political group that would sell out anyone getting caught in political cross-hairs. ...first hand knowledge speaking here.

Your caliber choice should be something that not only offers good penetration but also a flat trajectory out to 300 yards so I think something in .30caliber but also tote the .45/70 as a BUG. How about live bait? It may get noticed quicker than just a decoy so if you could stake out a goat the extra effort may pay off with quicker results.

Edited by peter

IMO.......you gotta have both 'kill' and 'no kill' in this thread norseman to find your common ground, and bring your points more to life.

Guest poignant

Would a ghillie suit be more stealthy than a hunting blind?

Also, if they come in a group, you might need an automatic...

Also, you need to think about your exit route, cause they might just stalk and blindside you.

It might be better to use your vehicle as bait; after you take one you can get the F out asap.

It's easy to talk about ballistics and firepower, not so easy to think about pre and post shot.

What is the thinking concerning the claim that a skilled Bow Hunter has a greater probability to actually get a get a shot at one? There are some interesting stories/claims coming from those guys. The thought I would propose is to team an expert stealth hunter with a skilled shooter and bag one? As for driving a cooler to ISU - I can say Jeff is a great guy who works for a completely political group that would sell out anyone getting caught in political cross-hairs. ...first hand knowledge speaking here.

I think your talking about the stealth skill required to be a good bow hunter. Which many rifle hunters have as well, and in my case I do both.

So who would you drive the cooler to?

Your caliber choice should be something that not only offers good penetration but also a flat trajectory out to 300 yards so I think something in .30caliber but also tote the .45/70 as a BUG. How about live bait? It may get noticed quicker than just a decoy so if you could stake out a goat the extra effort may pay off with quicker results.

I've decided for me personally? No long range shots. I cannot discern a hoax from a real entity at three hundred yards.

And the logistics of live bait for me would be a hindrance.........unless a hobbled horse grazing in a meadow would be considered live bait. I've certainly never had any trouble while packing.

IMO.......you gotta have both 'kill' and 'no kill' in this thread norseman to find your common ground, and bring your points more to life.

That's the whole point, in this thread I'm not looking for common ground. I'm looking for a bunch of pro kill guys to sit down and start bouncing ideas around.

Would a ghillie suit be more stealthy than a hunting blind?

Also, if they come in a group, you might need an automatic...

Also, you need to think about your exit route, cause they might just stalk and blindside you.

It might be better to use your vehicle as bait; after you take one you can get the F out asap.

It's easy to talk about ballistics and firepower, not so easy to think about pre and post shot.

1) I don't know about more stealthy but it certainly is more mobile. Snipers use both.

2) But semi automatics jam as well. But I'll be honest.......I've been looking at a .458 socom upper for my M4. :)

3) Where I go? It's pretty remote and pretty tough to exfil the AO quickly.

4) How does one use a automobile as bait?

Guest poignant

People have suggested using vehicles as observation blinds, or camou up near your vehicle (within 100 yards?) and use the fawn decoy as you mentioned.

People have suggested using vehicles as observation blinds, or camou up near your vehicle (within 100 yards?) and use the fawn decoy as you mentioned.

I have called black bear right up to my window with a rabbit in distress call. I guess for whatever the reason I've always felt that a primate would be smarter than that.

SSR Team

I am definitely NO KILL because I have seen one very close, several near misses, and really don't care who believes me or if they believe that the creatures exist.

I used to feel differently, but strongly believe this creature should stay a Cryptid. Think about it, nothing good can really come from 'proof' except more controls & restrictions, is that what we really want?

I guarantee bodies have turned up several times over the centuries, but quickly disappear, and there will always be those that DO NOT want this creature to go 'public'.

Religious reasons had a higher calling in the past, but it's more about the money now I suspect.

Think of the money involved to legislate new laws & restrictions, enforcement, and what the heck would they say in the printed & on-line brochures for State & National Parks?

The Park's are for FAMILIES, and Bigfoot would be very bad for business!

Of course, if I was being attacked by a Bigfoot, then all bets are off, and blast away.

Fabulous post that mirrors both my thoughts and my encounter with one.

Thanks norseman, I always enjoy reading your threads & posts, and certainly have respect for you and your efforts.

I would like to get yours and anyone else's opinion on the possible outcome : let's say you get the body, and it makes it 'main stream' (is not confiscated). Then what? Hello heavy-duty governmental controls & restrictions, and it will affect all of us in a negative way......IMO.

The day after, this Forum, and many other BF web sites would look pretty different, and die a slow death.

Also would like to ask you, and maybe it was stated earlier.......what are your reasons for wanting to kill one? I won't debate with you, just curious?

Edited by Bigtex

Guest Cowlitz2

Norseman

"I think your talking about the stealth skill required to be a good bow hunter. Which Few many rifle hunters have as well, and in my case I do both" I believe you :prankster:

So who would you drive the cooler to?

That would be an individual person answer tied to the question who do you trust, having the necessary understanding and contacts to process and document the contents.

Personally I have a related attorney w/o conflicting ties, who is 50 year known entity, hunter-fishman, spends every weekend in mountains-ID for years at his cabin, stable in own business, etc. Next is to do this with a tentative plan, that he helps finalize.....What I don't have is a 1) Bio-Science contact that is retired (no-complications) respected, well contacted, motivated, NOT a loose cannon; and 2) sufficient finances to go it alone. Then use lessons learned from the latest fiasco....trust almost no one (hit all outside "players" at same time). Avoid Gov't and Media.....until it is necessary.

Edited by Cowlitz2

See now, that is a plan. As much as I'd like to see otherwise, I also reluctantly admit it will likely take a body for proof. I shudder at the thought of hands and feet and head, but I do see your point... those are packable and exactly what scientists will want to see - how the feet and hands are shaped, and how the brain/vertibrae column/vocal cords/etc are placed. If it has to happen this way, then I am glad you have a reasonable and do-able plan.

However, it might be easier to track down where the Carter "Fox" bigfoot is laid to rest and dig him up! Easy money.

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic