The Kill Club

norseman

SSR Team

So what your saying is that if the needs of say a Grizzly bear are addressed in the project's impact study, then the unknown Sasquatch's needs can dove tail into that which would benefit both species............cool.

What if the land in question has no other known large predators habitating it? Then I guess they lose.

Norse, i'm not sure what point you're trying to make here, but i'm pretty sure that large Predators will be inhabiting all areas where Sasquatches live, except of course that Nursing home car park in Seattle.

Have you read or listened to any of the 411 material?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmaeiV6Fmks

I think there are plenty of lies to go around for everyone, and I'm not even remotely convinced that they are not a danger to humans.

With understanding comes awareness and protocol.

Yeah i've got the book and unless i'm mistaken, not one of those cases can be factually attributed to Sasquatch.

Feel free to prove me wrong though and if i am, i'll hold my hands up.

However, i too am nowhere near convinced they wouldn't be a danger to Humans, i've seen one and looked into it's eyes for a long time.

That's cool you lived in SE Asia, but I had no idea that US Federal law had that much reach in the world............

When I'm talking about the Endangered species act (US law and jurisdictions) I'm talking about Wolves, Grizzly bears, etc. And not rare species in third world countries falling prey to the bush meat trade.

Let's put a bit of context to what i said before being sarcastic..

You asked where the endangered species act had been a total failure and i answered you.

That was directly after i told you i had little faith in human beings on the whole, and " on the whole " doesn't mean just those in North America who, believe it or not, i don't think are as great as they think they are neither.

So we crossed wires there.

You was talking North America, i was talking about the world.

So, tell you where the endangered species act failed where North America is concerned ?

Honest answer is i don't have any clue on what is or isn't classed as endangered in North America in the first place.

If you say it's been 100% successful in every way then i probably wouldn't believe you, but if it's been even 80% successful then that's great news.

Although it still wouldn't convince me that our subject species would thrive any more than it currently is if recognized it was by science and was put on the endangered species list.

Norse, i'm not sure what point you're trying to make here, but i'm pretty sure that large Predators will be inhabiting all areas where Sasquatches live, except of course that Nursing home car park in Seattle.

This is a black bear map of N. America:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:American_Black_bear_map.png

Do we not get Sasquatch reports from Ohio? Texas?

Yeah i've got the book and unless i'm mistaken, not one of those cases can be factually attributed to Sasquatch.

Feel free to prove me wrong though and if i am, i'll hold my hands up.

However, i too am nowhere near convinced they wouldn't be a danger to Humans, i've seen one and looked into it's eyes for a long time.

Answer me this.........how do you factually attribute those cases to a mythological creature? Your proving my point for me.

Let's put a bit of context to what i said before being sarcastic..

You asked where the endangered species act had been a total failure and i answered you.

That was directly after i told you i had little faith in human beings on the whole, and " on the whole " doesn't mean just those in North America who, believe it or not, i don't think are as great as they think they are neither.

So, tell you where the endangered species act failed where North America is concerned ?

Honest answer is i don't have any clue on what is or isn't classed as endangered in North America in the first place.

If you say it's been 100% successful in every way then i probably wouldn't believe you, but if it's been even 80% successful then that's great news.

Although it still wouldn't convince me that our subject species would thrive any more than it currently is if recognized it was by science and was put on the endangered species list.

When I said "endangered species act"? I'm not sure how you could construe that to mean the world. Because as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) there is no world body that deals with endangered species and enacts laws that all nations must follow. On top of that, we are talking about a North American proposed cryptid, and our discussion did not include other cryptids in SE Asia.

For future reference this is what I mean when I say "endangered species act" (US Federal law):

http://www.fws.gov/endangered/laws-policies/index.html

I won't tout it's success or failure, I'll just let you pick through it as you so choose.

SSR Team

This is a black bear map of N. America:

http://en.wikipedia....ck_bear_map.png

Do we not get Sasquatch reports from Ohio? Texas?

Yes we do.

Do Black Bear live in OH and Texas ?

Yes they do. Texas and Ohio

Answer me this.........how do you factually attribute those cases to a mythological creature? Your proving my point for me.

Norse, i agree with your point that they're dangerous first and foremost, i've said it time and time again and i've even said it on this thread.

These cases are open cases still, perhaps with scientific acceptance of the Animal they may all be then shut cases and the finger of blame will finally be pointed, is that what you're saying ?

That's NEVER going to happen, because it highly likely isn't true anyway.

Like everything else in this subject, there will ALWAYS be a more explainable option and a different probability to what actually happened than to blame a Sasquatch, and it's no different to that book.

When I said "endangered species act"? I'm not sure how you could construe that to mean the world. Because as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) there is no world body that deals with endangered species and enacts laws that all nations must follow. On top of that, we are talking about a North American proposed cryptid, and our discussion did not include other cryptids in SE Asia.

For future reference this is what I mean when I say "endangered species act" (US Federal law):

http://www.fws.gov/e...cies/index.html

I won't tout it's success or failure, I'll just let you pick through it as you so choose.

It's real easy Norse, my brain isn't programmed to just think about North America and my bad for thinking that you'd be thinking outside of it. My " world " doesn't just revolve around North America and there are plenty of countries across the world that have endangered species acts. But i'll explain this again and show how we crossed wires as you obviously didn't understand the first time.

Again, and i repeat, you asked where the endangered species act had been a total failure and i answered you.

Hey norseman, with your hunting experience......what do you think of the Marlin 'Guide Gun' in 45-70? I am looking for something relatively easy to carry, but with substantial fire power......I prefer not to carry a pistol.

In all fairness, there are 3 choices to consider : Pro Kill, No Kill, and Protect my Butt Kill.

I have had at least 3 chances to possibly get a picture and/or video of a Bigfoot(s), but chose not to because of the aggressive & threatening situation I was in, plus I was unarmed.

If your encounter is based on the big lugs curiosity, you are probably OK, but anything else, especially territory, then you better hope you got norseman with you:)

Edited by Bigtex

Well for me if I was hunting sasquatch the only two rifles that I own that I would consider adequate would be my winchester timber in 450 marlin or my model 70 in 338 winmag

I would only carry a firearm that I had faith in as a grizzly stopper

There is a difference between a hunting rifle/caliber and a dangerous game stopping rifle/caliber

My brother has a 375 H&H and a 404 Jeffrey that I would also consider taking if I had the opportunity to practice with them first

I do not believe that I could shoot a Sasquatch myself unless I felt I was in danger

If I was going to hunt them I would probably either build semi-permanent blinds or set up some blinds near a well used game trail

I would also place trail cameras both on and off the trail in the area

Here in BC the use of electronic calls and baiting is illegal, so I would be limited to cover scents and possibly manual calls

I am not a believer in call blasting or wood knocking so they would probably be off the table

I would try to be at my blind at least an hour before dawn until at least an hour after dark and use cover scents when on the trail

I might consider coyote sounds but I am not sure

Ideally I think traveling on horseback or hiking would be preferable to using a quad or vehicle

Well for me if I was hunting sasquatch the only two rifles that I own that I would consider adequate would be my winchester timber in 450 marlin or my model 70 in 338 winmag

I would only carry a firearm that I had faith in as a grizzly stopper

There is a difference between a hunting rifle/caliber and a dangerous game stopping rifle/caliber

My brother has a 375 H&H and a 404 Jeffrey that I would also consider taking if I had the opportunity to practice with them first

I do not believe that I could shoot a Sasquatch myself unless I felt I was in danger

If I was going to hunt them I would probably either build semi-permanent blinds or set up some blinds near a well used game trail

I would also place trail cameras both on and off the trail in the area

Here in BC the use of electronic calls and baiting is illegal, so I would be limited to cover scents and possibly manual calls

I am not a believer in call blasting or wood knocking so they would probably be off the table

I would try to be at my blind at least an hour before dawn until at least an hour after dark and use cover scents when on the trail

I might consider coyote sounds but I am not sure

Ideally I think traveling on horseback or hiking would be preferable to using a quad or vehicle

Guest Cervelo

I think it could be done with 3 or 4 people with the experience, time and mind set.

Maybe go in during hunting season, and apply the same tactics or actually hunt what's legal.

But be in an area that is way off the beaten path, away from other hunters. Maybe that would mask our real intent or just be so deep we can do whatever we want.

Do the normal stuff during the day, but then be equipped to do a little night shift as a group.

If we suspect one is checking us out, leave one guy in camp, while the others get in positions that have been predetermined for safety reasons, but present some opportunity if it arises.

My biggest issue would be confidence in each other and target identification.

This would most likley be an up close affair, which would almost require a more tactical weapons set up as opposed to hunting, but I would leave that decision up to others.

Just not sure how to get within 50 yards of one unless it comes to you.

If we did get one it would be good if we were all together or could assemble quickly, do the dirty work and haul butt.

While I don't buy the wrath of Bigfoot theory, I would find it odd for them to be alone.

Hence the need for some weapons to deter that type if behavior.

While this most likely would be no different than harvesting any other critter considering the prey I could see it getting a little sideways pretty easy as well.

While I know some find this abhorrent the easiest way I can think of getting the parts would be a battery powered reciprocating saw, nasty but quick.

Unfourtunately I have thought about these types of "what if's" while sitting in a deer stand!

Too much...

Edited by Cervelo

Norseman- You may want to consider reading the US F&W serv. hunting reg. #415 before you are charged with hunting a non-game animal. Our country is set up on laws and guidelines that protect us from folks taking or interpeding the law into their own hands. As i have mentioned before that is why scientists don't go out and blast, they get DNA , take pictures and document. But wait a minute, oh yeah we may not be talking about an animal! Maybe it's only close to human, oh well(sarcasuium). Lot of folks have mentioned what they thought might be the best deal for the Sasquatch, but what do you think the Sasquatch thinks, probably not blasting one so that YOU can dispell a myth and prove to your self that they exsist. Just not a good idea sir,

IMHO you may want to consider why?

Guest crabshack

the Marlin 'Guide Gun' in 45-70

The only problem I have with the 45-70 is I helped skin out a buck that was shot with one using soft points and the penetration was extremely shallow, it failed to penetrate the shoulder, shooter was shooting at a downward angle distance about 60 yards.

I wish I had taken a photo when we were dressing it out because the bullet was squished flat like a half dollar and I was really surprised how little penetration occurred.

use solids

Another thought

If you had a larger group of say ten or more

Set up a base camp with one or two guys staying there, then set up a bunch of spike camps over a large area, with each camp having one or two hunters

The base camp could be a communication center as well as emergency or organizational center

Still only shows up as an area code in Google search? If it is a California regulation than it only concerns those hunting within the borders of the state of California and would not apply to Norseman in the state of Washington.

Guest sprayanpray

Good God who would hunt in Ca you need a Harvard Lawyer and there staff and 2 weeks just to read all the regulations :o

Edited by sprayanpray

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic