The Kill Club

norseman

Just picked up on this thread. Born and raised in the shadow of Yosimite National ark. Hunter my entire life and years ago had a good pack of hounds. 22 years Law Enforcement 16 years SWAT. I currently oversee all SWAT instruction over the 494 swat personnel for the state of California Including our elite Sniper school. I ran across a bipedal trackway just outside Yosimite when I was 12. Glad to join the discussion and Norseman I truly believe the only way to save the species is to kill one, Ill catch up on reading this entire thread later today but if your looking for a good well trained partner to go with you I am in!

Adam

That sounds great. So most of your experience is with doing entry on barricaded suspects then? With urban snipers supporting?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just held one of these in my hands today:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browning_BLR

It was the .450 marlin (of course). The action was very smooth and the box mag was convenient for sure.

My only concern is that the 1895 Marlin guide guns have lots of after market add ons that the BLR doesn't seem to have.

Edited by norseman

Unny that you mentioned the blr

Here in BC it is illegal to have a loaded firearm on a quad

My current quad guns are either a Remington model 600 in 308 or a winchester model 94 in 450 marlin

For either of these guns I have a nylon cartridge holder on the stock

I have used a friends blr carbine in 308 and found it to be a nice handling rifle however my wife's uncle has the blr long action in 30/06 and I don't like that rifle at all

I would have to handle the 450 blr first to see how I liked it

That sounds great. So most of your experience is with doing entry on barricaded suspects then? With urban snipers supporting?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just held one of these in my hands today:

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Browning_BLR

It was the .450 marlin (of course). The action was very smooth and the box mag was convenient for sure.

My only concern is that the 1895 Marlin guide guns have lots of after market add ons that the BLR doesn't seem to have.

Yes alot of our work is urban However having been attached to a multi agency task force we do alot of work in the mountains on illegal Marijuana grows

I like the 450 great up close medium range with good stopping power good quick follow up shots...what are you thinking of as far as bullet type?

Admin

thx for your sniped remark.

Sorry Adam, we just get so many people that come here and make outrageous claims that I'm skeptical by nature. And with a resume like yours, well, red flags went up for me.

So, you're serious?

Yes alot of our work is urban However having been attached to a multi agency task force we do alot of work in the mountains on illegal Marijuana grows

I like the 450 great up close medium range with good stopping power good quick follow up shots...what are you thinking of as far as bullet type?

Right on, yah we have alot of that around my neck of the woods........well I guess they just legalized it come to think of it. Minus the Feds I suppose.

I don't run a .450 Marlin, I have a Marlin chambered in .45-70.

But I would suggest a hard cast bullet for close in, stop the freight train cuz I'm standing on the tracks, type of performance.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=171

I'm not a big fan of the Lever revolution ammo produced by Hornandy for what we are attempting to do. Simply because target identification at long range could be problematic and I do hear about idiots running around in the woods with suits.

Sorry Adam, we just get so many people that come here and make outrageous claims that I'm skeptical by nature. And with a resume like yours, well, red flags went up for me.

So, you're serious?

NO worries Gigantor thank you yes i know that there are alot of people here that claim alot thats is fabricated. So yes thats what I do for a living I have many many pics videos etc of the whole swap thing. OH yea there clear up close and in HD lol.

I have a Marlin chambered in .45-70.

But I would suggest a hard cast bullet for close in, stop the freight train cuz I'm standing on the tracks, type of performance.

Yes I couldnt agree more I have a Marlin 45-70 hard cast bullets are absolute thumpers in 45-70.....Grain?

Norseman

Guy I work with his Grandpa Pa has 1200 acres out of Packwood Lewis county, 7 miles from the base of Rainier. Butts up to NF land that is inaccessible unless you got through the Private. Salmon run river runs through the property. They have heard screams there the last couple of summers neighboring ranch same thing. Last winter found what could possible be an old track. We are planning a trip up that away week or two this summer, tree cams night vision, thermals. Let me know if you want to join us. Its pretty much wide open as no one has searched it for Sas.. Untouched!

Right on, yah we have alot of that around my neck of the woods........well I guess they just legalized it come to think of it. Minus the Feds I suppose.

I don't run a .450 Marlin, I have a Marlin chambered in .45-70.

https://www.buffalob...ct_detail&p=171

I'm not a big fan of the Lever revolution ammo produced by Hornandy for what we are attempting to do. Simply because target identification at long range could be problematic and I do hear about idiots running around in the woods with suits.

My winchester had occasional feeding problems with lever revolution ammo, so that ruled it out as a dangerous game ammo

However I have never had any feeding issues with Hornady 350 grain FP interlock with a muzzle velocity of 2100 fps and would feel comfortable using it on anything in North America

Packwood is the area that I spend all my time hunting, hiking, scouting, etc. Have you ever been out there?

No it will be my first trip. MY buddy been going up for years to visit his grandpa

My winchester had occasional feeding problems with lever revolution ammo, so that ruled it out as a dangerous game ammo

However I have never had any feeding issues with Hornady 350 grain FP interlock with a muzzle velocity of 2100 fps and would feel comfortable using it on anything in North America

Yah, a large flat nose is where I'm at as well. Although if I was going in after something wounded that wanted to eat me, I'd probably like some thing like 500 grains. But for sure we are on the same page.

My new toy:

securedownload_zpseabb9c12.jpg

@norseman

I'll let you borrow my FLIR if I can take your new toy for a spin. I promise I won't drive it like I stole it. TeeHee.

@norseman

I'll let you borrow my FLIR if I can take your new toy for a spin. I promise I won't drive it like I stole it. TeeHee.

Are we bird watchin? Or huntin?

That looks cool

A busy of mine has tracks on his grizzly 700 for hunting up in the bogs

They also work great in the snow

Norseman

I am also looking at a 458 ruger or 375 ruger Alaska as a quad gun

This past hunting season I saw what a 375 h&h did to a grizzly

Seemed to hit harder than my 338 winmag

I can't wait to try my brother's 404 jeffrey when it come back from the gunsmith

While my favorite hunting round is the 308 and I am confident in it anywhere, I just have a weakness for bigbores

That looks cool

A busy of mine has tracks on his grizzly 700 for hunting up in the bogs

They also work great in the snow

Norseman

I am also looking at a 458 ruger or 375 ruger Alaska as a quad gun

This past hunting season I saw what a 375 h&h did to a grizzly

Seemed to hit harder than my 338 winmag

I can't wait to try my brother's 404 jeffrey when it come back from the gunsmith

While my favorite hunting round is the 308 and I am confident in it anywhere, I just have a weakness for bigbores

I'm in north dakota lowboying........and my son has taken upon himself to "break it in"............:) He reports that it does outstanding in deep snow!

That .375 Holland and Holland is a very skookum round for sure. And while the jeffrey is much more of a custom round, it will certainly get the job done as well. But I like to be able to walk into a sporting goods store and buy ammo..........when I forgot my box of ammo on the hall tree back at home :).

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic