The Kill Club

norseman

Oh, we can do much for them. It always seems to be running neck and neck with what we do *to* them.

But it's like the kill thing. Is it better to know or not to know? I think the changes that could come if the public knew have potential for good that goes unassayed if they don't.

OK Bryans grandpa (78 years old) called yesterday, Hes the one with the 2500 acres NW of Packwood. Pretty sure he saw Sasquatch yesterday on the property. His story as he told me and Bryan; He was on his quad back end of the property towards where it meet the FS ground. snow on the ground had his Dog Chinook with him. He looks wolfish so Chinook always goes into the woods with his Blaze orange vest on. As they round the corner the old man tells us his first thought was why is there someone on his property wearing a brown leather coat. approximately 150' and off to his left as he gets closer (around 60-70") it swings around and moves out of his sight. He says he saw fur and a long arm as it turned away. Never seen anything move the way it moved. In the meantime Chinook is gone takes him two minutes of calling to get him back and he came back from the direction he last saw the "it". And Chinooks Orange vest is nowhere to be found...its gone. there was a pretty good wash between him and where he saw it with a steep bank so he felt like it would be too much for him to try and get across it to look for tracks. He said it was not a bear it was up right and moved like no other animal he has ever seen. We might be headed up there next week depending our work obligations.

Adam

adam that is awesome i wish i could accompany you but iam heading back to the oil field dang it!

be safe bro and good hunting!

SSR Team

When are you there again Adam ?

Soon ?

Guest Cowlitz2

Adam: NW of Packwood.....

You can't go very far NW from Packwood w/o climbing "the mountain". I am very familiar with that area.

SSR Team

2,500, even for PNW terms, is a massive piece of Land.

NW of Packwood, Skate Creek Road ? Towards Ashford ?

When are you there again Adam ?

Soon ?

We are trying to get there next week we already have two weeks planned this spring April-May

@cowlitz2

I just know the property is 7 miles from the base of Ranier. It will be my first trip. Bryan one of the guys on my team grandpa place he goes there every year.

2,500, even for PNW terms, is a massive piece of Land.

NW of Packwood, Skate Creek Road ? Towards Ashford ?

Not sure of the exact location Ill ask Bryan to show me on the map Monday

I wouldn't kill a bunny rabbit. Unless it was killing my goats. Since I have no goats, I'm not worried.

I wouldn't kill a bigfoot. They're rumored to be large and scary so I think I wouldn't kill it even if it killed my goats. Since I have no goats....

I'm pro-kill if that's what it takes, but I'm pro-tranquilizer dart. :)

I wouldn't kill a bunny rabbit. Unless it was killing my goats. Since I have no goats, I'm not worried.

I wouldn't kill a bigfoot. They're rumored to be large and scary so I think I wouldn't kill it even if it killed my goats. Since I have no goats....

I'm pro-kill if that's what it takes, but I'm pro-tranquilizer dart. :)

If your pro kill then your one of us...........regardless if you cannot do it yourself and instead rely on a proxy to do it for you.

This is really more about like minded people banding together than anything else.

And I bet if I ask you to go through some reports and find "X" you would do it right? So then you would be contributing to the cause.

Not sure of the exact location Ill ask Bryan to show me on the map Monday

Adam? I would take this to private PM from here on out.

OPSEC

I definitely wouldn't do it myself. Heck i'm scared of the dark, if i saw one, you wouldn't see me....just a streak and some pee where i was when i saw it.

And if I were able to contribute to the cause I would contribute. Unless that means me somewhere in the wilderness with wild animals that can eat me.

If your pro kill then your one of us...........regardless if you cannot do it yourself and instead rely on a proxy to do it for you.

This is really more about like minded people banding together than anything else.

And I bet if I ask you to go through some reports and find "X" you would do it right? So then you would be contributing to the cause.

Adam? I would take this to private PM from here on out.

OPSEC

Absolutely OPSEC! dont want a bunch of peeps hanging around the ranch entrance with signs ....hah!

My good SWAT buddy has a great machine shop and can do just about everything . He is currently working on my lever 45-70 making it a two piece that breaks down so you can carry it in a day pack! Ill post the pics when he finishes

I definitely wouldn't do it myself. Heck i'm scared of the dark, if i saw one, you wouldn't see me....just a streak and some pee where i was when i saw it.

And if I were able to contribute to the cause I would contribute. Unless that means me somewhere in the wilderness with wild animals that can eat me.

LOL Pam most wild animals have no desire to eat you and will avoid contact with you at all cost. Just be careful in the late spring when the young are born they will protect them at all costs regardless of the species

Norseman(and friends), good luck with your efforts. You sound as though you've got the focused mindset to take the shot should it present itself.

Since joining this forum I've been a bit disappointed about how quick and easy some folks jump to the conclusion that if you can't explain movement or sounds in the forest it must be a bigfoot. In fact I think the default belief that "it has to be bigfoot" undermines all the legitimate investigative efforts made by others. I enjoy reading the stories, but I'm on the fence about their existence, a firsthand conversation with an eye witness might help persuade me, a body would seal the deal!

Edited by Wildwoods

Guest TexasTracker

Norseman and others...

Just read through the entire thing, GREAT thread and certainly a subject that many of us have considered, even if we will not admit it.

Here is just a little input, nothing earth-shaking:

Urine; a 20 oz plastic soda bottle or similar will get you through a few times and it will contain the odor, assuming you can aim.

Radios; yes have the roger beeps off, use ear pieces and whenever possible use only clicks. Keep actual conversation to a minimum. Really only a single team member needs a radio. It's good to have people only listening to the woods.

Teams; multiple smaller teams would cover more ground like you said... but make no mistake, they will be aware of your presence as soon as you enter their woods. There has been some level of success keeping some attractant at the base camp like music, people laughing/joking, etc. If you can have multiple teams roam the surrounding area and still be able to monitor the camp for a farther vantage point, you may have some luck... You may already be familiar with Bart Cutino's recent success in getting thermal footage (about 5 minutes) of a couple of squatches watching the base camp from about 50 yds away. The TBRC has stated a few times that they seem to have a hard time tracking multiple targets at the same time.

Weapons; The small teams in Viet Nam carried specialized weapons. Meaning one guy might have a shotgun, the other an AR-15, etc.... I'd opt for a mix of weapons as well. I'd think a 2 man team may wanna go with an automatic shotgun and large caliber rifle, possibly a reasonable sidearm as well. I also sold my SW 500 as a felt like a was carrying a brick around with me all the time.

Camera; I'd vote for packing in GoPros and then mount them and turn em on only if you score a kill, to document the process after the kill (and maybe to film you getting attacked by his friends).

My vote would be to collect the parts desired with as much backup as possible and then hall it out of there to Meldrum AND OTHERS, not all eggs in any particular basket.

Hope some of this might be helpful... I really wish I lived a little closer..

CG

Edited by TexasTracker

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic