The Kill Club

norseman

Norse, agree with above. As soon as the animal is down, I'd call in all the teams in the immediate area. Saturate the area to show force and aid in a rapid departure. 4-wheelers would facilitate a rapid departure. If this happens at night, lighting up the area like the 4th of July might not be a bad thing.

I think a 2-man team at this phase is extremely vulnerable to attack, especially if they are tasked with collection. 2-4 members to "secure the area" makes this extraction much more manageable.

My experience is USAF, but I'm sure SOPs are not that different than USMC's.

Optimal would be an eight man team patrolling in and setting up a patrol base. And then doing two man recon clover leafs patrols out of that patrol base, while keeping a QRF at the patrol base in case any of the recon teams make contact.

Also thank you for your service!

Guest TexasTracker

The four separate teams working specific routes is good, but it would be helpful to have a small, dedicated base team of 2-3 people. They could provide the "constant activity" at the base camp to draw attention. They are available to fill in as needed for the other 8 and allow a little flexibility and they are available as immediate backup/response as needed.

Garmin makes a handheld GPS unit called a Rino that has the ability to display the location of others on your map. It's a very useful tool in the field, especially when you're trying to locate each other in unfamiliar areas.

I probably should have told you, but I have planned something similar. It fell apart because we could not get a dedicated group together. It's a great story, will have to tell you sometime.

Hey, I was attacked by turkeys, man. Turkeys. Two of 'em. I ran too. Now, to salve my ego I chased them back....then they chased me....then I chased them....finally I got close enough to my car. The spurs on those legs are no foolin'.

Did I say this was just off a roadway, jammed with traffic? Did I say that I took special care not to look at the faces in those cars...?

Ok getting chased by turkeys...you totally one-upped me. glad you chased them back, i would have peed.

Ok getting chased by turkeys...you totally one-upped me. glad you chased them back, i would have peed.

I do have to say...those two turkeys would have eaten a cat. Ga-ron-tee.

Norseman, couldn't tranquilizer be used as an alternative?

http://daninjectdartguns.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=173

1) I know nothing about this process.

2) The guns are very expensive, with limited range, needing a clear shot.

3) If you have ever played paintball CO2 is effected by cold, and not consistent.

4) How does one go about buying the chemical agent?

5) The chemicals involved seem to be controlled substances.

I'm certainly open to ideas, but there are cons involved with a lay man like myself.

^^^^^

Plus what dosage.....woozy Bigfoot or Bigfoot in a coma....beside we still gotta chop'em up to get him out!

Good points bud.

Also to consider "pissed off waking up Bigfoot" that rips Norse's arms off and beats him to death with them!

The bottom line is that I would probably botch this so badly the Squatch would probably have to be killed anyhow. If it didn't return the favor first.

Now if a experienced wildlife biologist wanted to team up with us? And had the right permits? I'm certainly open to ideas. My ultimate goal is recognition of the species........with the quickest resolution possible. I don't have blood lust.

Guest Cervelo

I'm with on that...I might be the first one crying, gagging, or puking but it's got to be done at that point, nobody thinks its going to be pretty for sure.

But if we get close enough to tranq one may as well take a picture as opposed to trying to hold off the Bigfoot army while we check his vital measurements....note to self bring rubber gloves on expedition with Norse....

Edited by Cervelo

Guest TexasTracker

hey guys, I sedate people for a living. I think this may be a can of worms that would be better left alone. Way too many variables with sedating an animal that could be anywhere for 250-800 lbs... Assuming their metabolism is the same as ours (very big assumption), and assuming you could get a good shot off with a tranquilizer gun, there are still tons that could go wrong. Under sedating could lead to someone getting hurt/killed. Over sedating could lead to killing the animal, perhaps running off and dying within a few minutes. I wonder how much ground one could cover in the 4-5 it would take the medication to kick in? Just too much guess work even if "we" could get the drugs.

Adam--beautiful place for sure..

hey guys, I sedate people for a living. I think this may be a can of worms that would be better left alone. Way too many variables with sedating an animal that could be anywhere for 250-800 lbs... Assuming their metabolism is the same as ours (very big assumption), and assuming you could get a good shot off with a tranquilizer gun, there are still tons that could go wrong. Under sedating could lead to someone getting hurt/killed. Over sedating could lead to killing the animal, perhaps running off and dying within a few minutes. I wonder how much ground one could cover in the 4-5 it would take the medication to kick in? Just too much guess work even if "we" could get the drugs.

Adam--beautiful place for sure..

That is why I have stuck to bullets thus far......on top of the fact that I'm not trained or do it for a living.

Adam- Rock on brother.......

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic