The Kill Club

norseman

I think these are very intelligent critters. 

How much would it change the narrative if perchance these things buried their dead?  Assuming they primarily live in clans and others are present to do the burying?

With man not so encroaching on environments like we are in modern times who knows what type of environment they preferred back then or what type of creature like possibly gigantopithecus that they evolved from.  So many factors of change can take place when you add a few thousand years of evolution. They could have been mountain creatures. Without any concrete evidence the questions are endless.

Sure.

But do you think that there are no new species to be discovered in the fossil record? I dont. And its even possible that the discovery may happen in a museum basement from a misidentified fossil. It happens.

With man not so encroaching on environments like we are in modern times who knows what type of environment they preferred back then or what type of creature like possibly gigantopithecus that they evolved from.  So many factors of change can take place when you add a few thousand years of evolution. They could have been mountain creatures. Without any concrete evidence the questions are endless.

Sure.

But do you think that there are no new species to be discovered in the fossil record? I dont. And its even possible that the discovery may happen in a museum basement from a misidentified fossil. It happens.

Until then we are at square 1 still. No fossils no bones no bodies.

I agree it just adds to the mystery.  I need to see it and I am now looking and trying to figure the best way to approach it.  

Edited by Size16

Carry a big bore rifle with you everywhere you go, hiking, berry picking, scouting for deer, firewood cutting, you name it.

It never leaves your side, and put a light hard point on it, and get a 2-300 lumen light for it.

We will make a fossil ;)

I think these are very intelligent critters. 

How much would it change the narrative if perchance these things buried their dead?  Assuming they primarily live in clans and others are present to do the burying?

There are some that postulate this behavior/custom is factual and I've seen photos of an alleged burial ceremony in progress.*

If so, as Norseman stated there may already be artifacts in museum basements that are (presently) misidentified. Makes one wonder about the purported gravesite a Iowa farmer unearthed (by accident) containing skeletons of individuals of giant sized proportions.

* Owner (adamant no-kill adherent)  of these photographs has removed said from view (private site) after multiple hacking attempts and being physically threatened by another (pro-kill) "researcher". And we wonder why there is so much inertia in this endeavor.

Yet another tale of excellent photographs removed because of meany-heads. Do tell.

I like the pro kill evil villain in the storyline too.......it was a nice touch.

Still trying to pick up things here - so pro-kills are meany-heads?  Evil villians?

Wow.  Someone would really be upset with me for some things I did in combat.  And no bigfoots were in the vicinity.

^^^ IMO, not all pro-kill adherents are "evil, meany heads" , some are just mis-guided children. :punish:

While I was citing one specific example, some feel compelled to manufacture a false narrative around it in the apparent attempt at edification of their own position. Might help them sleep better at night?

BTW, we're not talking about a military combat situation either, apples-to-oranges.

BFF Patron

Whatever your climate or soils are like now will have nothing to do with how it was a few thousand years ago.  Contrary to what some believe the Earths climate is constantly changing. That area (pnw) may have not been conducive to a living population of squatches then like it is now. That makes sense for sure. But somewhere in this world there should be a fossil record.  Maybe the numbers of squatches were nil compared to today and the species has broken out in recent history. I can buy that theory a heck of a lot more than the fact that the area somehow doesnt produce environments capable of fossilization and that is the reason they are not in the fossil record.  Sorry sswa but there are plenty of fossils of wooly mammoths and others found all over the PNW so I am not sure why you think that fossil creation is impossible or nil in your area because that is just flat wrong. You cant link todays environment and climate to the geologic past. It changes big time! The Willamette valley in Oregon is supposed to be famous for producing pleistocene fossils such as wooly mammoths and others. How does that area produce such fine specimens if the area doesnt produce? 

Just make a quick google search and there are all kinds of areas to find some fantastic fossils including Pleistocene fossils all over the PNW. In the 30 seconds I browsed it over there were several pages of different areas with Pleistocene fossils. You guys have a fantastic area for discovering fossils.  You just didnt know where to look. 

However, we are not talking about why BF fossils are not found in the PNW but why arent they found anywhere?

All of this is just smoke.  WE NEED A BODY!!!!

I agree that we need a body to establish existence.    That is the most direct way without an incredible streak of good luck in finding a body, skeleton, or fossil.      Gigantopithecus was defined and accepted from finding a few teeth and a jawbone.      We have nothing like a complete skeleton so for all we know it might be BF or an ancestor of BF.     We certainly have not established a familial line leading up to Gigantopithecus either.      You don't suddenly have a giant ape without a familial line of smaller ones leading up to it.     All of those ancestors are missing in the fossil records.   So it is hardly surprising that BF ancestors are missing from the fossil records too.    

The Pleistocene fossils you mention are not in BF habitat.    I can not recall a single BF sighting in the Willamette Valley.   BF would not leave the safety of the mountains.     The mastodons and other finds are in what used to be grasslands between the Coastal Range and the Cascade Mountains.    The same areas inundated by the Missoula floods during the last Ice age and possibly the reason for finding those mastodon bones and fossils there in the first place.       And the fossil beds associated with inland lakes in Eastern Oregon and Washington are in an arid region that is also not forested and likely BF habitat.     No BF sightings in those arid regions are reported in the present day.     .       You basically cannot expect to find bigfoot fossils or bones where it has not lived.       If humans migrated to North America towards the end of the Pleistocene one would expect that BF did the same thing since there is no history of human or prehuman ancestor habitation in the Americas before that.         So not only geography but time would have prevented formation of fossils in the Pleistocene in the PNW.  .        Since the Pleistocene  started about 1.8 million years ago,   that far back we could have had common ancestors in Africa and as those would be smaller we could not make any association with modern day BF.  

It could be that BF beat humans to North America.   We have no idea without something to date their arrival.    But once humans did come,  there went the neighborhood and BF adopted their present human avoidance tactics which they probably used when they cohabitated with humans on the Eurasian continent.      Human history is one of killing everything that moves to eat and that probably includes BF.  

If I were to look for BF fossils or bones I would look in the Ohio and Southern Illinois area where BF sightings are common now.   The soils are not as acidic, the rivers in the Midwest flood nearly every year,  and so bones of BF trapped by flooding might be possible to find washing out of river banks.     Of course a tree climbing creature is going to be hard to drown in the first place.   

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic