Guest TooRisky

Virginia Bf Or A Mangy Bear Again...

Incorrigible1
BFF Donor

Edit: I had a feeling you were posting this in the wrong thread. :P I'll leave my response up, regardless.

Nope, you've dredged up a comment I rightly posted into this very subject/thread. My opinion stands.

Guest Ouachita caveman

I still don't see a stump, but the tree next

to the thing looks like a Northern Red Oak.

If it is a squatch in this photo, I would

feel comfortable in supposing this to be an

elderly BF.

I too am amazed at how bad the pics can be

when there's a possible Bigfoot, but how good

the pics can be of other animals....

It's just a crying shame....

:whistle:

bipedalist
BFF Donor

Eh, I dunno. Pretty close.

eh-.jpg

The image on the right was reversed by me, so line up the features on opposite sides.

Purty!

bipedalist
BFF Donor

bump

i don't think this is a tree stump. It appears as if the bf is pretending to be a tree...like frozen. Maybe he saw the flash and froze. I dunno...

Its a good photo I think....better than a typical blobsquatch photo.

Trogluddite
BFF Donor

Bump of an ancient thread; likely skipped over three intervening threads starting with, "Has anyone ever seen this video?"  

1) This again shows that the Bigfoot community should investigate claims rather than accept them uncritically.  Reading through the thread, there is a good amount of critical thought applied and also a good amount of forensic analysis - the result is that this forum, at least, is not trumpeting a questionable photo as proof.     

2) Someone in this thread asked why the Greenbrier Sporting Club would fake this photo and someone suggested it was to drum up tourism.  FWIW, the Greenbrier looks like a place that gets its clientele by word of mouth.  Perhaps there's a less sinister motive?  The video notes that its "just before Halloween, 2010" even though the photo is from 2008.  Perhaps its a set up for a "Haunted Hayride" or "Haunted Hiking" that the club updates every year for guests or the children of guests.  

3) The narrator notes that they were on the Summit Trail.  I didn't see this in the thread, so here's a current map of the Greenbrier hiking trails focused on the Summit Trail.  Google Earth coordinates of about  37.783861° by -80.343166° should put you near the trail. 

post-18000-0-82846800-1430071139.jpg

The Bigfoot community could investigate claims to every encounter to date and critically not accept them without anything being a bigfoot for sure. 

salubrious

2) Someone in this thread asked why the Greenbrier Sporting Club would fake this photo and someone suggested it was to drum up tourism.  FWIW, the Greenbrier looks like a place that gets its clientele by word of mouth.  Perhaps there's a less sinister motive?  The video notes that its "just before Halloween, 2010" even though the photo is from 2008.  Perhaps its a set up for a "Haunted Hayride" or "Haunted Hiking" that the club updates every year for guests or the children of guests.  

Are you saying this too is a form of - gorilla marketing ?

I don't believe this was posted already in this thread.  If it was, apologies.

Parabreakdown of Greenbriar BF

Trogluddite
BFF Donor

Salubrious,

Come on, blobsquatches are a big issue; far too important to monkey around with punny business!!!

Last Laugh, 

I agree, I don't think that analysis is in the thread, even though several people pointed out the possibility of photo-shopping.  Good addition to the knowledge base for this particular photo.