Guest TooRisky

Virginia Bf Or A Mangy Bear Again...

gershake

Woah, looking at the bigger image in that video it definitely looks like part of the tree stump to me. Then again if that's the same tree stump he's standing in front of, that can't be. When was the video made? (I. e. how much time was between the trail cam pic and the video? Tree stump could have been further destroyed during that period)

Guest Blackdog

Did I miss something? Where did you see a carcass?

Thanks... :)

Don't mind Huntster, that was just his obligatory drive-by rant for this thread. You'll get used to it. :)

The GreenBrier wouldn't be drumming up attention and niche tourism would they?

Nice shot of the golf course tho....laugh.gif

Did I miss something? Where did you see a carcass?

Thanks... :)

Huntster's comment is a fairly simple one, and true.

No matter how compelling this video / and still picture is, it does not prove anything.

Yes, its very interesting, yes I am interested in looking at it closer and forming my own opinion about it, but no it can not be released as "definitive proof" of the existence of BF.

The "carcass" comment means that science, skeptics, and the general public will not believe in the existence until a carcass is brought forward.... (whether found, run over by a semi-truck, or shot by a hunter...).

I think that explains his comment, and it was not a "drive by" as someone else asserted.

ART

Edited by Art1972

Guest fenris

Ok - what do you make of this face? Am I seeing things, or does this look interesting?

bigt.jpg

I think its an unrecognizable blob in the photo or doctored and thats no denial.....

A look at the previously posted larger photos make the face look like a black skull mask with white hair. That was what I saw when I looked at it a bit harder and for only the second time. Now it is all that I see. Focus your vision on the upper part of the face, and ta da, skull

Edited by notgiganto

Tree stump? Costume?

WVBFcopy.jpg

I gotta tell you, I'm not a fan of "blobsquatches", but im actually liking this one....

Here's a couple things I noticed.... (Pros and Cons)

#1 Someone mentioned narrow shoulders... If you look at the photo carefully, you will note that there is a tree roughly 8 inches (?) in diameter at our left/ the creatures right of the stump. This tree partially obscures the right shoulder, which I admit at first threw me, because I didnt see a right arm.... and I too thought the shoulders looked narrow... Not only is the tree there, but if what were looking at is BF, he/she appears to be turned slightly to his/her left, and not straight at our view through the camera- thus the shoulders would appear slightly narrower than what they are.

#2 color/shading difference.... while both the stump and the tree to its left appear to be very similar shade of grey in this b&w photo, it appears that object in question (creature) is either black, or very dark in color and appears significantly in contrast the both the tree and stump it is "standing" next too...

While I have seen some strange natural formations, and even some stumps that had much darker heartwood than they're exterior, In my opinion what we see here appears to be something seperate from the stump.

#3 Height. as just mentioned the creature appears to be slightly turned to the left.

It also appears to me to be bent over, either resting its weight on, or digging in this rotten stump. If it is bent over, we do not know without seeing a side profile to what extent it is bent over. So while it would be hard to predict an accurate height, or compare its height to the human shown in the video, I think its not a stretch to suggest that it could be substantially taller than is visible from the aspect that we are viewing it from.

#4 Head... im struggling a bit with this one. While the lower half of the head appears to show a partial straight on/partial side profile- so that the right side of the creatures face is more prominently shown, and the left eye, left side of face are angled away from the shot. Above the eyes(top half of head), where I'd expect to see a prominent brow and the tall forehead up to the "pointy dome" is what looks really weird to me. It almost looks like a human skull protruding from its brow- you can see what appears to be an additional two eye sockets and the nasal cavity (right above its own nose).

I had a good chuckle looking at it at first, because what jumped out to me is that this "fellow" looks enough like "Worf" from Star-Trek Next Generation, to be his brother...!

#5 (Conclusion)

To be honest, I find this photo compelling, but I also have some thought about it that make the alarm bells go off in my head. I think I'm gonna need some more time to "chew on it" and see what I come up with.

It has features and details that jump out to me, but it also has some things I dont like...

The Hands, Some features on the head, and more basically the fact that the stump that was there is now gone.

Ultimately the unfortunate and disapointing reality is that with all the debating, and theories being thrown around as to what's shown here, we are once again left with a photo that looks good, but we dont have all the facts nor the evidence to prove that its legit.

I really do hope that in my lifetime we'll see some sort of confirmation - which obviously is almost an impossibility without something more solid coming forth... a corpse, a body part, or a HD video showing BF throwing 400lb boulders around (or some other feat impossible to attribute to human ability...).

now u have my .02 cents....

Art

Edited by Art1972

Many good thoughts Art. I still see an obvious skull mask, and the pic was taken "around Halloween time" according to the vid. Too bad the stump is (conveniently?) rotted away/knocked down.

Guest wudewasa

Ok - what do you make of this face? Am I seeing things, or does this look interesting?

bigt.jpg

I don't see a face, but an area where the stump is heavily rotted, and/or covered in moss or fungi.

Rotting wood can have a number of shades, textures and colors that vary on the entire piece of decaying area.

The "arms" look like the jagged rim of the hollow stump, and the "chest" is the inside of the hollowed stump. Heartwood is usally a different color than the lighter outer rings, plus tannin can still exist on the inside. As fungi and bacteri break down the cellulose, the inside takes a dark brown/black tinge.

My advice is to start with the known and examine the most logical explanation first, instead of jumping to the conclusion that the image is that of a sasquatch.

Edited by wudewasa

Wheellug

The subjects supposed head is about the height of the guys elbows on the clip.

Dunno.. it's gray blob..but the stump is all busted up according to them. Don't believe it's a stump.

Huntster

Many good thoughts Art. I still see an obvious skull mask, and the pic was taken "around Halloween time" according to the vid. Too bad the stump is (conveniently?) rotted away/knocked down.

I've seen some folks so good with chainsaws and knives that they could have whittled a stump into a fantastic sasquatch, painted it with matte colors, and since it's a still photo (not a motion picture), it becomes nothing more than a neat blob to imagine stuff from. Photograph it, smash it up, and haul it away. Voila'!

Still game cam photos (IOW, the vast majority of game cams out there), despite some people likening to a mystery solver, are really more useless than footprints.

• Upvote 1

Wheellug

Have to change my opinion on height..

The subject appears to be a foot taller than the guy on camera.

I'm trying to compare branches and markings on the image compared to where he was standing.

There is a small dark twig/branch that is above the guys head, but at face level to the subject.

The shoulders appear not to be broad because the arms are both stretched forward, both elbows brought in.

This will cause the shoulders to roll forward and in..

Wish we had a pic of the stump prior..

The guy standing in the approximate spot helps..

need to overlay the tree from his photo with the game cam photo to better determine size.

Interesting.

Edited by Wheellug

I think it resembles the face photo from the olympic project. Eerily similar. Also the hands are convincing in the clearer photo from the youtube video. The large and square look of the hands in that photo would be very hard to fake. If its a hoax, somebody did their homework.