Why Do Skeptics Take Bigfoot Seriously?

Guest OntarioSquatch

I see what you almost did there.

Ball remains firmly in your court.

I can cite plenty of hoaxes to back up my position.

See how serious I am? :)

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

13 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

See how serious I am?

Nope, you obviously aren't taking this serious enough. You need someone to set an example for you. Take DWA here as your paradigm of seriousness. Just read those reports and you too shall be serious.

4 hours ago, OntarioSquatch said:

I did finally figure out the answer to it with the help of some knowledgeable individuals outside of this field of research, and it turns out that it has to do with being highly sensitive to cognitive dissonance. Some individuals find it painful to have contradictory evidence existing in their mind....

(Emphasis added)  Can't they find a productive place for their energy, like politics?

8 minutes ago, Rockape said:

Nope, you obviously aren't taking this serious enough. You need someone to set an example for you. Take DWA here as your paradigm of seriousness. Just read those reports and you too shall be serious.

Well I DO have another sixer in the fridge. 

Lemme get back to you ;)

will.jpg

Guest OntarioSquatch
42 minutes ago, Trogluddite said:

(Emphasis added)  Can't they find a productive place for their energy, like politics?

Hobbies generally aren't necessarily productive. I think the issue here is that these guys are just failing really badly. Of course, not that proponents of existence are doing much better.

20 minutes ago, OntarioSquatch said:

Hobbies generally aren't necessarily productive. I think the issue here is that these guys are just failing really badly. Of course, not that proponents of existence are doing much better.

Failing really badly?  That's kind of a joke when compared to the proponents camp.

We have yet to provide any rock solid evidence to date and ZERO PROOF.  We have 50 years since the PGF and a pile of reports, AWESOME!!!

With my belief in BF, obviously I believe this is a proverbial "race" that can be won, yet currently, skeptics are running 5 feet in front of us, backwards, with a grin.  

• Upvote 1

I continue to show interest for the simple fact I want them to exist . I enjoy mysteries . Of all the cryptids  that I am aware,  in my opinion this one could exist theoretically if not logically. The biggest asset of those who seek the creature is at the very least it is done outside in the great outdoors. That is never a bad thing.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

in my opinion this one could exist theoretically if not logically.

Agreed. There is no reason bigfoot cannot exist. I just don't think the evidence indicates that it does. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

The biggest asset of those who seek the creature is at the very least it is done outside in the great outdoors. That is never a bad thing.

Very much so.  I don't "hunt" BF but I camp as often as I can and keep alert.  I'm having a great time every time I'm blanked on an outing.  

Edited by Twist

5 minutes ago, dmaker said:

Agreed. There is no reason bigfoot cannot exist. I just don't think the evidence indicates that it does. 

I completely agree with you. The creature does not exist based on the lack of evidence.

Twist I spend time hiking ,swimming ,  fishing and camping and sharing it with family members.  I am not in search of mythical beasts ,but the subject comes up and makes great campfire stories.

It's like going to the circus and stopping to laugh at the dancing bear. You can't help it. The antics are amusing. 

Hint, you're the bear. 

(apologies to all bears everywhere) 

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

• masterbarber locked this topic