Release Of Forensic Dna Results For Sierra Kills Sample

Guest Tyler H

Extremely long time lurker, making my first post. I created an account just to let you folks know that Dr. Ketchum is not remaining silent as has been mentioned above. She was just on WGN radio on the Jonathon Brandmeier show on the 29th. She didn't state anything new, but she did still say hopefully weeks for publication. They actually contacted her regarding the recent recordings from Oregon (I believe) of which she had no comment on, so it was strange that they had her on the show in the first place.

I've posted a link to the podcast (which I believe is ok, sorry I'm new at this) and the part with Dr. Ketchum starts a few minutes in (sorry I don't have exact time, I am at work and can't replay it now).

http://soundcloud.com/jonathon-brandmeier-show/tuesday-01-29-13-full-podcast

Thx for the link Cletus, and welcome.

Tyler H, BartloJays, and Derekfoot: Thank you guys for ongoing conversations and response to questions, I for one appreciate the info and wish ALL of you the best of luck. We could use more BF investigators/researchers like you fellers.

Tyler...honestly??? Dude I hope someday you can get over yourself. I wasn't saying that I was qualified to verify results, and you know that. I was speaking to Barts statement when he said that he's not sure anythings been sent out for blind studies. I told him that it had. That's all I was talking about..but thanks for twisting my thoughts. If he chooses not to believe me then I guess he doesn't trust me quite as much as he says he does.

Also Tyler, all my eggs in one basket? What does that even mean? We are only talking about 1 confirmed sample out of the 38 confirmed that we have submitted to this study. Just so you know, we won't live and die by this study. We do have high hopes for the data in it, but I don't sit at the computer all day praying it comes out so I can save face. Is that what you think?? lol. The Olympic Project is involved in a very large study program. This DNA study was something we gathered samples for and submitted them. Pretty simple really. Then we moved on to the rest of out camera work and habitat field studies. You can trust..( wrong word here apparently) me when I say we don't have all our eggs in this basket. You have no idea what our basket even looks like. And BTW, thanks for answering for Bart..lol

Bart, What I was saying was only related to me knowing where the samples went, I thought I made that pretty clear..actually really clear. You know I have access to all the results of the Olympic Project samples. I was simply asking you to believe me so we could move on to a different point or argument. I do know where the samples were sent, and I do know the names of the universities and forensic labs that worked on them. This list was not fabricated.

You know, at the end of the day, her study will either stand on it's own legs, or it wont. My point was that it would be great if at some time down the road the studies could be compared for learning purposes.

DR

Guest Tyler H

Tyler...honestly??? Dude I hope someday you can get over yourself. I wasn't saying that I was qualified to verify results, and you know that...

Also Tyler, all my eggs in one basket? ... You have no idea what our basket even looks like.

And BTW, thanks for answering for Bart..lol

DR

Apologies Derek. No offence was intended - I was just delineating what I saw as differences in approach here.

I believe Bart had understood your statement in the same way I had. We have both looked for third party verification that is different than the sort of verification you feel you can provide.

Re 'eggs in one basket' - I was only referring to the genetic testing you have had done. I was very specific about that. I've given kudos for the other undertakings you and Wally and team have set up.

(With your impression that I was answering for Bart (which I wasn't)... I guess I'll try not to post too many of my thoughts in this thread that I started though, if it bothers you. lol)

Edited by Tyler H

Guest BartloJays

My point was that it would be great if at some time down the road the studies could be compared for learning purposes.

I agree and they absolutely should but it doesn't help matters for her (and Paulides) to perpetuate the lies about him either switching samples or taking a piece off a body (I've already laid out what that would entail logistically before we even get to ridiculous motives & theories) as according to their logic, these samples can't be compared because they are not the same samples. You've always wisely suggested (and I hope somehow your suspicion is right) that the deviations have to do with the actual testing procedures, methodologies employed and processes.

Her piece is the same piece as the "salted" sample (comes from same piece) which was out of Justin's possession since July 2011 and I don't think anyone would contend differently when they see pictures provided in the newly released report with the pictures of it in Justin's hand that she initially didn't want others to see because of contamination perception. That piece seemed to test much easier then any of the frozen tissue pieces and came back clean as ample bear with Justin's genomic dna levels consistent with handling.

I've given kudos for the other undertakings you and Wally and team have set up.

I agree as I personally have a lot of confidence in the samples (fascinating circumstances for several) collected by Derek, who's a phenomenal field researcher in my book, and a few of the original Oly Project members. I'm really looking forward to checking out results on these.

Tyler, it doesn't bother me you posting in your thread :D I'm just a stickler for trying to speak clearly when making my points. I don't post a lot here because I don't like my words being taken out of context. I do try very hard to be accurate when I do post. Tyler..my apologies, now you may resume posting!! :D JK.

Bart, I can't speak for, nor am I responsible for Melbas actions, and I won't even speak about Paulides.......and I know brother you aren't saying that I am.

As I posted before, a lot of folks involved in this have done and said some very odd things. I guess I'm getting a little tired of being (behind the scenes guy).

As you can imagine I've had many a sleepless night over this long study. It's really hard when you get to know so much info in the beginning, and then are expected to sit on said info for an indefinite amount of time, and then throw in the fact that everybody and their brother..and sisters too want you to share, and spill what you know. Then throw in all the leaks and he said she said and..ahhhhh! I guess it's actually kinda funny! It does make me crave my backpack and Danners, and a long forest trail :D

DR

BFF Patron

Danner's by a country mile, you can only kill them if you shoot them. LOL

I mean, Justin's reputation is important to him... but I'm actually very proud of, and thankful for, the fact that his repuation is NOT as important to him as truth is... Next to nothing about this encounter has made Justin look good... it's one of the reasons I have believed him. What HAS made him look great in my eyes, is the way he has held to his pursuit of truth,

I am objective, uninvolved and have absolutely no interest other than the pursuit of the truth of the matter of this witness, so it would seem then that we should agree. Would you have any objection to Justin pursuing the truth of the matter openly here with us?

All three of you guys are top-notch fine researchers and the shame is that these frictions are arising between you all unnecessarily, at least thus far I believe, because they are still hinging on assumptions on the relationships with the witness more than each other... and Melba is nothing but a distraction now in this matter prior to further clarifications from the witness... and any such gamesmanship is not a foremost pursuit of the truth... while the witness still remains silent.

Do any of you guys have any objections to Justin participating here openly?

Guest Tyler H

I am objective, uninvolved and have absolutely no interest other than the pursuit of the truth of the matter of this witness, so it would seem then that we should agree. Would you have any objection to Justin pursuing the truth of the matter openly here with us?

All three of you guys are top-notch fine researchers and the shame is that these frictions are arising between you all unnecessarily, at least thus far I believe, because they are still hinging on assumptions on the relationships with the witness more than each other... and Melba is nothing but a distraction now in this matter prior to further clarifications from the witness... and any such gamesmanship is not a foremost pursuit of the truth... while the witness still remains silent.

Do any of you guys have any objections to Justin participating here openly?

The rules of this forum prohibit statements that cast dispersions on people's reputations. I think what Justin has to say, may be prohibited on this site.

Justin has participated openly in information sharing for over 2 years now. He's just taking a breather right now, while Bart and I 'run with the ball' regarding the results of our reports. This was the "science" part of his story - He relates the personal parts. As such, he is preparing a statement and I believe he hopes to make it before the weekend is over. I say HOPES, not guarantees.

To answer your question more directly though - I have no objections, and I know Bart has told me he would love for Justin to speak freely about the things he has told us. So, there's your answer for two out of us three that you directed the question to. I'm stretching enough to 'answer for Bart', I sure won't answer for Derek. ;)

Edited by Tyler H

Justin is the *elephant in the room*. Very good points..Bart has tried to stand by him and justifiably so..but it's Justin that needs to be heard. I suggest , as I have before, listening to Justins account on video with RO Sahebi:

It'll be good having everything out on the table as he has some important things to share that should make a lot of sense. Dozens of my closest friends/colleagues/confidants etc.. in this field have been completely caught up from me "privately" as things unfolded in the last year so what Justin has to say won't be major news to many.

Any thoughts as to what he may have meant by the following quotes?

"I am relieved that now you all know the truth about the sample recovered in the Sierras on November 10th 2010. I was giving false confidence in that sample just like the rest of you. "

"People in this circle have said things in private and done things behind closed doors that they will have to be held accountable for very soon."

Guest OntarioSquatch

Shawn from the BigfootEvidence blog recently said in an interview that Dr. Ketchum told Justin that the Bigfoot steak talked to her. I don't know if it'll be in Justin's statement, but it's some crazy stuff. I just hope that Justin isn't making it up.

Guest crabshack

Looking at and working with dna is her life’s work ontariosquatch.

If a good furniture maker told you the chunk of cherry tree you asked him to make a piece of furniture with spoke to him while he worked with the wood, would you think ill of the man?