Oh Dear, Another Body...

Guest VioletX

Guest roblester

Melissa,

Ed noted that both you and Meldrum were to be contacted.

I'm very familiar with Meldrum and his work but if I'm honest, I know nothing about you.

Who are you, and what qualifies you for 'consultation' regarding this matter?

Good question......

I highlly recommend you check Meldrums facebook......Here I will save you from finding it all...

Person asked : I would like to hear your opinion on the latest claim by Quantra that they have captured a Sasquatch.

275673_100002825187315_490079448_q.jpg

Don Jeffrey Meldrum Its a claim...

December 31, 2012 at 2:53pm · Like ·

Next question : Without getting into muddy waters and criticism just wondering jeff if you have been contacted regarding this incident or not. A simple yes or no would answer many, many questions

Don Jeffrey Meldrum No, I have not...

Another thing that was there before this, right at the start of the claim was this :

Good morning Dr. Meldrum, if you were called to come observe something at short notice would you do a FB check in at the airport for us? :)

Don Jeffrey Meldrum Can you clarify that please.... do a what?

( this last one, you can go read yourself, was stated later as intended as a joke )

What I posted is facebook, and public... https://www.facebook.com/don.j.meldrum

I can assure you, Jeff is staying wayyyyyy out of this one. ( Well, I can say I am sure ). I had email conversation with him on the blimp project a while back. Great person. One thing I learned from talking to him then, he can not stand his name being used in these things. He does not mind people asking for his help, but when his name is used it upsets him it appears. I can understand this, he is considered the most credible, and real biologist that actually is looking into the Bigfoot possibility. He would like to keep it that way, and people use his name, and miss-quote him all the time.

Edited by roblester

VioletX

Yowie

• photo-thumb-18710.jpg?_r=1347287886
  • Members
  • toe_6_bip.png
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

I feel kind of lame posting this, but someone has too:

http://bigfooteviden...ed.html#moretop

Violetx, I must confess. I considered posting this as well,although I have not yet started any threads. I have though enjoyed this thread, rightly or wrongly and like everyone else hope against hope that there will be some definitive real evidence presented. And I enjoy the back and forth dialogue regardless of whether I agree with the posters. So therefore, I am tasting the sweet fruits of anothers' labor, of which I had not the courage or enterprise to do. I and any other thinking person would not hold you as involved in any Hoax of which evidence thereof may ensue. That would be just plain stupid. As well as Melissa for relaying information on the subject. This subject is interesting and lot of fun, I hope it continues to be for me and all the researchers as well. I commend you for starting this thread. And I commend you Melissa for being willing to get more information.

Guest VioletX

Awww...thanks People Booger, that is so nice of you, sometimes I do feel a bit alarmed after I post something,lol; a controversial thread, an ambiguous post, or a comment about something that is a bit fringe.

:biggrin:

Guest reelback

Please don't take this wrong. I have no doubt at all Melissa is honest and trusthworthy. I would just hate to see that reputation ruined by the nuttiness that is the Bigfoot community if this thing takes a dive down the road.

And if it does I think everyone should defend her from that BS as she is only seeking to get us more information.

I don't think its a reputation issue at all. What she should consider is if she's just wasting her time on another classic patter of a hoax.

I just wanted to take a quick minute to thank those who have been supportive. Thank you for recognizing this is not my 'claim' - I am simply a messenger and I am always happy to help out where I can. If anyone would like to add a question to the list I am asking of Ed - please send me a personal message.

I will try and get his answers to questions (to date) published tomorrow and hope that people will continue to follow up with the updates with more answers.

Play by Play, Updated & Errors Corrected:

• Dec. 27, 2012: First reported on MABRC forum & Facebook, followed by Bigfoot Evidence.
  • Report was of a text message leaked by Ed Smith.
  • The text was sent by a member of the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center, Quantra Team (The Original 6).
  • The text stated "Daisy is in the Box", which is a code phrase for a Bigfoot (possibly Female) has been captured.
  • The Rumour Mill fires up.
  • Dec. 27, 2012: D.W. Lee does not deny the capture, and states that it did not happen in Oklahoma.
  • Dec. 28, 2012: Bigfoot Evidence reports that the Bigfoot Chicks interviewed D.W. Lee, who stated a trap was specially designed with a trigger set to close if a 350+ pound weight steps on a plate, and that a team of privately contracted scientist will examine the evidence.
  • Dec. 28, 2012: Ed Smith reports that the Bigfoot was moved from the capture site to the examination site during the early morning hours (12 miles between the two sites).
  • MABRC website crashes due to too many hits.
  • Tim Fasano says something false and not worth mentioning.
  • MABRC get their website back up and running.
  • D.W. Lee states that Ed Smith will be posting a 90 page document regarding the capture.
  • Dec. 29, 2012: More Rumours. Matt Moneymaker claims that no bigfoot has been captured. (I guess he's protecting his tv show, after all, Matt's out of work if Bigfoot is actually found; step aside Amateurs, step in Scientists)
  • Ed Smith states that he will not provide any further updates, and that any updates will come directly from Team Quantra.
  • D.W. Lee, MABRC Executive Director, has referenced us as people on the blogs, and we've been told to be patient.
  • Dec. 30, 2012: Midnight, BFF member and member of MABRC, Driveroperator, explains what he knows about "Team Quantra" & Ed Smith: A group of wealthy and technologically gifted college friends who have, for the past decade, been researching an area in Oklahoma with success, however Ed Smith was too eager to go public and therefore left the group. MABRC was the organization of choice for "Team Quantra" due to Geographic convenience.
  • Jan. 01, 2013: Ed Smith states that he will hold a meeting in Houston on Jan. 02, 2013, between Himself and Quantra. This meeting will be to discuss setting up another meeting between Quantra, MABRC and select individuals.
  • JRid posts on BFF an Archived Radio Broadcast from 2009, in which Ed Smith elaborates on the capabilities of Quantra/Original-6. This broadcast is consistent with Driveroperator's post on Dec. 30. Bigfoot Evidence reports same broadcast a few hours later.
  • Driveroperator alludes on BFF to the possible involvement of legal council regarding Quantra's rights to possession of a specimen. This may explain the time delay & the 90 page document said to be forthcoming.
  • Jan. 02, 2013: Ed Smith clears up background and explains the evolution of the ORIG-6 to Team Quantra: 1.) ORIG-6 founded in early 1990's, small scale and fun. 2.) Early 2000's ORIG-6 research & projects become larger scale in multiple states. 3.) ORIG-6 dabble in DNA, but decide capture of a live specimen is best. 4.) Ed Smith designs a trap - Trap or Traps are fabricated in Tulsa by business associate. 5.) ORIG-6 use Oil & Gas business as cover to hide their growing Capture Project needs. 6.) Capture Project grows to 42+ participants. 7.) ORIG-6 cease operations in late 2011. 8.) Team Quantra formed in Virginia by former ORIG-6 members and like-minded business associates, June 2012. 9.) Quantra owns rights to past research and documentaries.
  • Jan. 02, 2013: Meeting between Ed Smith and Team Quantra was suppose to take place this evening, according to Ed Smith.
  • Jan. 03, 2013: Well over 24 hours pass without any update/communication from anyone at all.
  • Jan. 04, 2013: Melissa Hovey states on BFF that she is in private communication with Ed Smith, and that her questions are being answered. Melissa states she will publish the answers when she is done getting the answers. Possible "answers" publication date, Jan. 05, 2013.

Edited by Mounty

Guest miller44

Like most everyone here when sizing people up my instincts come into play as much as what others are saying or doing.

Even though I have never met her, my instincts tell me that Melissa H is all aces, and though it may well turn out to be an inconvenience and a waste of time for her, I am sure most here would agree that she is the perfect person to get to the bottom of this tomfoolery (...that is "get to the bottom of it" to whatever extent she is afforded the opportunity to do so).

Even though Ed Smith has frustrated us in most other regards, we should give him credit for suggesting that Melissa H be the one to vett this probable fiasco; at least he picked someone that we can trust, someone who won't be pushed around, and someone who could not easily be deceived.

....someone who could not easily be deceived.

Based on the claim everyone should assume deception until someone credible actually sees this specimen live and in person. This claim is beyond words at this point.

The fact that not even a single picture has been provided should be a huge red flag.

Based on the claim everyone should assume deception until someone credible actually sees this specimen live and in person. This claim is beyond words at this point.

The fact that not even a single picture has been provided should be a huge red flag.

Couldnt agree more.. Does it make a difference if he chose person A vs person B to disclose the information to, if the information itself is a blatant lie? No offense, I applaud Melissa for taking on the task, I just hope its not a big waste of everyones hopes and time.

Guest miller44

Point taken, what I meant to imply is that my instincts tell me that Melissa H is not someone who would jump on a bandwagon without good cause, and we certainly couldn't say the same of every individual in the BF community, even if most of them do mean well.