Oh Dear, Another Body...

Guest VioletX

Guest SquatchinNY

This whole thing is going down in flames. I am sickened at how the MABRC treats the BFF, but that is not the point., The point is, this should be Ed Smith's last hoax. He needs to be revealed, and outed.

Share an IP address with mods if you have it. May help.

No, not mods, all of us. We deserve to know. I assume everyone else is as sick of Ed Smith as I am.

Guest BlueFunk96

Roblester

MABRC banned Smith today on their forums. Smith is a real person and not someone made up by MABRC.

If you knew the history of Smith you might understand there were very good reasons to think he knew alot about the subject and I don't blame MABRC for deeming him as credible.

Today they apparently discovered information that made them seriously question his claims. They did the right thing banning him from their forums.

Are we sure they banned him because they question his claims, or did they ban him for attacking the "hypocrisy" of MABRC members and threatening legal action (which appears to be the subject of his last post)? Or for some other reason? Because even after banning Ed from MABRC forums, some of those who have supported him (and who seem to support the measures taken) don't seem to have backed down from their belief in his story. In fact, one of the senior members referred to it as protecting Ed, before indicating he has thanked him for his "extraordinary" contributions.

• Upvote 1

^Thats all well and good, get rid of him, but there is always someone in the wings that will take his place. It appears to be a problem in America with hoaxing BF evidence, footage or what ever it does get a litte tiresome.

We have had the same problems here in Australia, but not to the extent that you guys have, but in saying that, ours in ongoing by a certain fraternity, but they don't get much attention, which is the best avenue.

Edited by yowiie

Guest SquatchinNY

I think the bigfoot community needs to out hoaxers, to make them feel that their efforts are worthless. None the less, I am quite annoyed.

Guest roblester

Roblester

MABRC banned Smith today on their forums. Smith is a real person and not someone made up by MABRC.

If you knew the history of Smith you might understand there were very good reasons to think he knew alot about the subject and I don't blame MABRC for deeming him as credible.

Today they apparently discovered information that made them seriously question his claims. They did the right thing banning him from their forums.

I am not taking anything or anyone as real without evidence. ( feel free to PM me )

I do blame MABRC, for the way they defended him to the point of attacking people who questioned this entire thing. The least they could do is personally apologize to people they attacked, and maybe start listening to peoples concerns. I am not saying " I told you so ", but I am saying when people enter a discussion, and are trying to help. The people receiving the help should take it, and not take it as a attack. That is how one person I know became involved, trying to help MABRC from getting involved. ( on a facebook discussion ). This led to said person, and others being banned from MABRC forums ( no loss at all ), one person requesting their account deleted, and others attacked on other forums and facebook.

A apology would be nice.

And, as I said at the very start after seeing how MABRC handeled it. Ed Smith ( real or not ) was a fall guy for a hoax that would go bad. It served it's purpose, it got attention, and a lot of attention to everyone involved. Now, " Ed Smith " will be deemed the bad guy, and everyone else has a fall guy.

" poor us, it was not our fault"

Please do not be fooled by this.

If I am wrong, Ed Smith would make his own statements somewhere else. I know this, as the way he got so upset when questioned. For sure, with a ego like that, he will have his own things to say, and he has enough money to post it on his own website. ( great, just gave them a idea to help out the fall guy clause )

Edited by roblester

Guest SquatchinNY

Just to verify, MABRC did attack one member on their forums who questioned. Ed Smith lead it, and two admins quickly backed him up, threatening to take moderator action.

Just to verify.

I'm sorry but I think it's incredibly wrong that the MABRC just gets a pass and so does Ed Smith. I read the posts where the MABRC defended Ed Smith and they were vehement in their defense. They could have allowed inquiry and skepticism but they didn't. They stood behind him and it was only in the past couple of days that they started to word things carefully.

It also bothers me that an announcement was made that Ed Smiths identity was discovered but it won't be released. Why even post it? Now, once again, we've been baited but no info will be released. Why protect this man or the people that defended him?

The MABRC should own up to he way they defended him. It's ludicrous that they are now pretending otherwise. Also, why did they get rid of the threads that documented this?

Something just smells bad.

Edited by Cisco
  • Upvote 1

Guest SquatchinNY

What smells bad is people not giving the truth. All of us are so sick of it. I really think the BF community as a whole should out Ed Smith, and pretty much ignore him.

It also bothers me that an announcement was made that Ed Smiths identity was discovered but it won't be released. Why even post it? Now, once again, we've been baited but no info will be released. Why protect this man or the people that defended him?

Something just smells bad.

I concur 100%.

Why even post it?

I agree MABRC owes people an explanation. I am sure they will comment on the matter at some point. I also agree it could have been handled better.

I have to second this.

There is information that Ed has provided there (in years past) that is EXTREMELY detailed and for the most part, right on the money as to Squatch behavior (or what I believe is Squatch behavior). For him to have faked every single thing than he is the most creative and imaginative person I've ever become aware of.

I won't be holding my breath waiting for a Daisy press conference though...

If the MABRC can't be expected to know everything about any member and they want to give a member, the benefit of the doubt, then they should not defend him from attack. They should remain neutral but that's not what happened.

I find that it takes a long time to build a good reputation, and only a few misteps to earn a bad one, trust follows the same rules.

I have never seen, heard or smelled anything that I would consider to be an unknown bipedal primate. I am however fascinated by the possibility, and what gives that possibility merit, for me, is the eye witness accounts.

I am of the belief that if only one of the many thousands of documented accounts is factual, then bigfoot does exsist. I find it to be statistically improbable that every witness has either misidentified a known animal, hallucinated or just flat out lied, for whatever reason.

The thing that completely undermines my leap of faith concerning this subject, are things like this.

In my opinion, MABRC is guilty of facilitating this hoax, by use of its website, forums and members. If they are a true research orginazation, then they are responsible for the content that they share and must vett such content. Failure to do so destroys any credibility they may have, and they have no credibility with me any longer.

This is not the first shady action that has been associated with the MABRC, the MABRC Foot, the we can neither confirm or deny B.S and apparently years of supporting a fraud like Ed Smith by offering him an environment free from skeptical inquirey.

MABRC is not a research group, they have shown themselves to be nothing more than a group of enthusiasts with a website, whose members share a common name for their opinions and camp outs. Researchers have much higher standards.

GoLd

Edited by GoLd