Searching For Bigfoot In Oregon

Had to go see where Powers, Oregon, is on a map, hadn't heard of it! Now I know why.

Wow, one of those small Oregon towns literally in the middle of nowhere. If Myrtle Creek or Coquille (OK, Bandon, but still) are your nearest bigger towns, you KNOW it's small! I have been to the Cob Cottage Company in Coquille several times, but haven't heard them talk of bigfoot. I just know once when I was there, they let me sleep in an unfinished cottage and I had to tie the door shut with my shoelace....after they warned me about bears. Great wilderness all around that area there! You could have hundreds of bigfoots running around there and no one would know!!!

Can't wait to get my pictures up here. It'll hopefully Friday afternoon.

Edited by madison5716

The place my brother was at is in the Elk Creek area of the Rogue River Siskiyou National Forest. About 12 to 17 miles from Powers. There is a 10 foot diameter tree (Redwood?) with roots growing over and around a huge boulder in that area. The roads are 50 year old paved logging roads. When you go through Powers, on county road 219 which turns into NF 33, you will eventually come to a turn off marked NF 3358. This winds through some ancient forested mountains for a few miles until you come to NF 150. You should see a recent logging operation in the area, so the site where my brother was at shouldn't be too far from where they have or had the equipment parked.

The Coordinates for the general Area of Interest are:

Latitude: 42°47'27.92"N

Longitude: 123°58'59.06"W

Check these coordinates on Google, and if you have 3D Topography enabled you will see it is a "squatchy" area. (couldn't resist) Looking over the area on Google Earth should give you an idea of the route.

I've been wanting to get back into that area and do some paired recon for the last few years, but haven't had the time. Now I am too far away to do anything about it.

I don't mean to commandeer your thread Madison. We could take this to another thread if you wish. I just want to coordinate with Oregon bigfooters on information I have.

Edited by PsyShroom

Guest roblester

The place my brother was at is in the Elk Creek area of the Rogue River Siskiyou National Forest. About 12 to 17 miles from Powers. There is a 10 foot diameter tree (Redwood?) with roots growing over and around a huge boulder in that area. The roads are 50 year old paved logging roads. When you go through Powers, on county road 219 which turns into NF 33, you will eventually come to a turn off marked NF 3358. This winds through some ancient forested mountains for a few miles until you come to NF 150. You should see a recent logging operation in the area, so the site where my brother was at shouldn't be too far from where they have or had the equipment parked.

The Coordinates for the general Area of Interest are:

Latitude: 42°47'27.92"N

Longitude: 123°58'59.06"W

Check these coordinates on Google, and if you have 3D Topography enabled you will see it is a "squatchy" area. (couldn't resist) Looking over the area on Google Earth should give you an idea of the route.

I've been wanting to get back into that area and do some paired recon for the last few years, but haven't had the time. Now I am too far away to do anything about it.

I don't mean to commandeer your thread Madison. We could take this to another thread if you wish. I just want to coordinate with Oregon bigfooters on information I have.

When was he there?......Been very bad weather, surprised those roads were accesible.

Guest JenJen of Oldstones

Madison, thank you so much for sharing your experiences! The format you've come up with to report them is perfect! Very consistent and detailed! I'm definitely following this thread!

Thanks JenJen!

MISCELLANEOUS

Date: January 11, 2013

Time: 9:00pm

Weather: Cold (low 30's) and completely clear (the stars were amazing)

Location: out by the original site, off the road in a turn-off

What happened: M and I followed up on our experience the other night at the location where we experienced potential eye shine. We went out to exactly the same spot to see what we could see. Last time we were there it was extremely foggy and visibility was limited to less than 50 feet. Tonight it was crystal clear and cold (you should SEE the frost we got last night!). We pulled in and saw absolutely no lights, except for moving head lights from traffic far off to the right, which were very obvious. So, I do not know what those lights could have been except for animal eyes.

Edited by madison5716

So, I went to Walmart to get my photos onto a cd in order to post them from my friends computer and I'm frustrated to report that my photos of the kill zone are GONE off my computer. Totally sucks. However, my friend M took some pix on her phone and we've decided to post them here.

We are planning on going back up there tomorrow morning and getting new photos, because I'm really annoyed. I don't know why the photos are gone... all the rest of the photos are there... just not the ones I need for here. So we'll see what we find in the morning, and we'll use her camera and phone.

Meanwhile, here's Cottage Grove Lake, where the London Print were found last year. All these pictures are by M.

post-19461-0-26685200-1358055334_thumb.jpost-19461-0-04196200-1358055364_thumb.j

Next, here are some from our hike up into the woods. Unfortunately, M didn't take pix of the kill zone. But, here's some great photos of where we were exploring, it's very "squatchy".

post-19461-0-55518500-1358055496_thumb.j

post-19461-0-78361900-1358055524_thumb.j

post-19461-0-98520900-1358055550_thumb.j

And a few more.

post-19461-0-46986900-1358055698_thumb.j

post-19461-0-95221900-1358055719_thumb.j

MISCELLANEOUS

Date: January 13, 2013

Time: 9:45 - 10:00am

Weather: Overcast and cold 30 degrees, frost

Location: Up the forest service road where we found the dead animal the other day

What happened: Follow up. M and I (and two kids) went out to get pictures of the dead dear/elk that we were unable to get off my camera, and to better look at the kill and the area. We drove up and took new pictures. We determined that it was a hunter/poacher kill that was dumped, due to the fact that the legs were cleanly sawn off. There were guts and legs and other bones in the area. After determining this, we left and took some more pix of the beautiful area.

post-19461-0-99258600-1358111006_thumb.j post-19461-0-64464900-1358111027_thumb.j post-19461-0-91873900-1358111068_thumb.j post-19461-0-20989200-1358111098_thumb.j post-19461-0-16490600-1358111119_thumb.j

The human trash on the kill was not there the other day, showing humans have been there using this area. Also, it's more eaten than last time, so scavengers have been at it, too, in the few days since we were there last.

Here are some more pix and a video of where we were. While we didn't see or hear anything today, you can see why we think it would be possible for bigfoots to run around in these woods within 20 miles from our large town completely unseen (unless they choose to be). The nearest small town is 3 miles away. Yet, you are in the middle of nowhere.

post-19461-0-62178200-1358112099_thumb.j

post-19461-0-72824400-1358112134_thumb.j

post-19461-0-33579300-1358112168_thumb.j

post-19461-0-76669500-1358112200_thumb.j

post-19461-0-52663300-1358112221_thumb.j

post-19461-0-37424700-1358112249_thumb.j

Edited by madison5716

Guest roblester

Madison5716,

On your ventures, when you see things like this, can you please call the poaching phone number. Even on this one. Honest hunters, and ex hunters ( like myself ) would like our children and grand children to be able to see wildlife also.

Oregon number :

fw_tip1-06.jpg

M. took a great video of a clearcut, but it won't let us upload, so here's a pix. Also a pix of the bones we found off the side of the road on the way back down the mountain. It was an interesting day!

Thanks, Roblester, I will do so. Good info to have. Kinda gross to go behind a stump to do your business and nearly step into THAT! I'm just glad it was me and not my kid heading back there... he would have freaked out! Our adventuring would have been over if that had happened. As it was, he was actually interested to see this and went to take a look himself.

post-19461-0-32209300-1358112579_thumb.j

post-19461-0-54339400-1358112605_thumb.j

post-19461-0-91474400-1358112642_thumb.j

post-19461-0-05084100-1358112677_thumb.j

madison5716 I really like how you are documenting the area, date, time, weather conditions, follow up notes and adding pics. :D Keep at it ! You can never have to much data . I am really enjoying this thread. +1 !

So, I called the number and a few minutes later got a call from Sheriff/police and reported it. The officer said it's cow season and legal, but nasty and messy to dump what's left, but not actually illegal. Thanks, added the number to our contact list.

Guest roblester

So, I called the number and a few minutes later got a call from Sheriff/police and reported it. The officer said it's cow season and legal, but nasty and messy to dump what's left, but not actually illegal. Thanks, added the number to our contact list.

Awesome, thanks, keep an eye out :)

Was not sure what season it is around that area.

I grew up in Eugene and lived there most of my life then we moved to Portland, then away to Texas for the last several years. Unfortunately, I wasn't into bf back then, it would have been so much fun! Your experiences are great and I am enjoying the read. As a teenager, I had a strange experience one night up the hill past Churchill High school in Eugene. It was in the early 90's where there were quite a few large wooded and lots that were not built upon yet with amazing views of the city. My boyfriend (now husband of 20 years) and I were on the look out to find places to...um, watch the sun set and see the city lights. No funny business just sunset watching with 6 friends. As we were making our way down the hill/ trail to get back to the cars, someone pulled out a very dim flash light with almost dead batteries to try to light our way. Within seconds of the light being turned on and as the beam moved around, just slightly behind and to the right side of the group I saw what looked like a image of orange-red fur. It was for only an split second and it was about 20 ft. away I would guess. The section of it that lit up would have been at our face level but I didnt see a face. Somehow I had the impression that it was moving along with us but froze instantly with the dim beam. We were walking on a medium downhill slope so everything behind us was raised above our group. I started asking the others about bears. Everyone else laughed and thought nothing of it and I felt embarrassed. The flashlight guy didn't even aim it to check. We were walking on a primitive dirt road with pot holes and rocks so we were loud. There was also quite a bit of talking and cutting up so I never heard anything following us. At this point I really just wanted to get to the car. The only thing that kept coming to me though was that I felt sure it was hair and the color was a striking orange/ red. I just wasn't able to make sense of what I thought I saw and never brought it up again. So who knows, I could have been nothing, it was so quick and the light was so dim. I put it out of my mind until I started to get into bf last year. Looking back though, kind of interesting. Have fun on your adventures and keep posting!

Edited by shuseby

Thanks, shuseby! I drive by the school at least weekly, so I know where you are talking about. The Bailey Hill road leads to some wilder parts of the county, out towards Lorane. I betcha there's been sightings out that way, especially 20 years ago. Still not far from the wilderness, there! Thanks for telling us of your adventure here! :)

I am really please to have chosen Eugene when we moved back to Oregon last winter; we'd been further north near McMinnville when we moved away a few years ago. I'd only visited here for day trips prior to living here. Very glad we're here and the bigfooting makes it even more advantageous and interesting.