Incidents That Happened In The Field, You Can't Explain.. But Want To Know More About

Some interesting stuff there shuseby, thanks for sharing. Keep looking and show us what you find, we love seeing at anything that might be evidence. Looks like you have some sort of predator working that area, based on the number of remains you are finding. Could be coyotes, could be bobcats, could be mountain lions, but hopefully it'a BF and you'll get pics.

I am not sure if this pic is any better, I zoomed and messed with it a bit.  From this angle you can see the skin is inside out where it leaves the skull a little better.  

Thanks Rockape, its been fun snooping around out there.post-2243-0-28829800-1368828012_thumb.jp

Hmmm, ok, I have a weird one. About a mile away from the prop, there is a cow-graveyard. There are 2 dead carcases near the roads and one bleached skeleton by a hill, all in the same area, They form a sort of triangle. It creeped me out. But , cows die of natural causes all the time, but do they all go to the same area? The 2 carcases did not look eaten from cursury obvservation. The triangle formed would be big, within a football field

Probably where a rancher drags the dead cows. The triangle is probably just a coincidence.

Yea, could be except for the one by the hill, and they just leave em by the road? I mean, plop, right next to the road? I would think a BF would take em somewhere. But yea, Im sure they loose a few every year, (several 'ranchers') Actually I think everyone who lives up there has cattle. The grass is not great, the people below us supplement the feed every week. Of course, its major UFO country also, just a few miles either way.

Those trees look scary the second one from the bottom looks like it was bent over time. And what would kill a coyote and dogs? Very weird.

No known predator is going to pull back the skin like that, they are going to tear at it, usually the belly first. You've got some squatch issues it looks like, there I said it.

Edited by Wag

Cervelo, as far as that deer goes I'm going to say its probably from scavengers maybe buzzarrds or even crows I've found a few like that as well. Or even coyotes or foxes. Typically scavengers go after the innards first I've noticed. I once shot a doe and lost her and found her about a week later and looked very similar to that as well. But who knows? I've also noticed that on all the deer I've found that I believe were "squatch kills" in my area, had at least one lleg snapped and broke or their neck snapped

I'm lost on the other pics tho, definatly seems squatchy. Just wanted to share my experiences on the deer

I have a new incident that happened that is interesting...

A friend and I went out to where my incidences happened last summer to take a look around the other day.  We didn't find any evidence of bigfoot at all, but what we found were paw prints.

She sent the pix to a friend of hers and they were tentatively identified as mountain lion.  Mountain lions right on the outskirts of Eugene, OR, in a popular State Park area.  About as weird as finding evidence of possible bigfoots!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JoelS

Wasn't sure where to post this.  I don't think it was squatch related but....

On a bike ride along the American River here, just North of Folsom, CA, I heard some odd things while ascending a hill at around 10:30 am this past Wed.  This is a suburban area, well developed.  However there is quite a bit of forest along the river valley, and on both sides of the trail we were on.  And strangely enough, there is local lore of BF tossing dirt clods and debris at cyclists late at night.  Also, there is a lot of wildlife.  Many deer, turkey, coyote, rattlesnake, gopher snake, lizards.  I have also seen a bobcat.  There are periodic reports of mountain lion as well.  The blackberry's aren't quite in season.

First was a whoop.  Sounded quite a bit like Moneymaker on FindingBigfoot.  Plenty loud too.  I chalked it up to local kids, however they were still in school (or should have been) at this time of the morning.  A few minutes later I heard a few seconds (lasted about 5 seconds) of extremely low pitched "mumbling."  I couldn't make out any actual words, the pitch and volume were too low.  I'm not sure this was kids.  My wife was about 200 yards behind me and didn't hear anything. 

Either way, it was interesting and I don't know what or who made those sounds.

Edited by JoelS

I am not sure if this pic is any better, I zoomed and messed with it a bit.  From this angle you can see the skin is inside out where it leaves the skull a little better.  

Thanks Rockape, its been fun snooping around out there.attachicon.gifDSC_0007.JPG

You need hands and strength to peel a coyote like that! I've seen people do rabbits, but this is a small dog!

Guest ewashguy56

On a bike ride along the American River here, just North of Folsom, CA, I heard some odd things while ascending a hill at around 10:30 am this past Wed.  This is a suburban area, well developed.  However there is quite a bit of forest along the river valley, and on both sides of the trail we were on.  And strangely enough, there is local lore of BF tossing dirt clods and debris at cyclists late at night.  Also, there is a lot of wildlife.  Many deer, turkey, coyote, rattlesnake, gopher snake, lizards.  I have also seen a bobcat.  There are periodic reports of mountain lion as well.  The blackberry's aren't quite in season.

First was a whoop.  Sounded quite a bit like Moneymaker on FindingBigfoot.  Plenty loud too.  I chalked it up to local kids, however they were still in school (or should have been) at this time of the morning.  A few minutes later I heard a few seconds (lasted about 5 seconds) of extremely low pitched "mumbling."  I couldn't make out any actual words, the pitch and volume were too low.  I'm not sure this was kids.  My wife was about 200 yards behind me and didn't hear anything. 

Sounds to me like a pretty interesting experience. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 months later...
Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Hi Joel, I know it's been awhile since you posted this. I'm in and out these days due to time issues but I wanted to say this is an interesting encounter.

The wildlife you mentioned would not likely be responsible for the "whoop" sound. There are a few owls that can make similar sounds but that "whoop" is most commonly attributed to primates. A quick internet search on owls of your area will go a long way to determine if an owl could have been the culprit.

Something you mentioned at the last struck me as well. The "mumbling".  I've spoken with several other good friends and researchers about something similar. We had all experienced a low pitched "gurgling" sound immediately after a legit vocalization.

These were separate encounters in separate states of the US. Yet all had a similar finish after the vocalization, a low pitch "gurgling" sound.

At first I tried to explain my vocal encounters away as a possible Mountain lion or black panther. But I've heard those as well and their sounds are nearly always "screams" and normally end with a low pitch growl which is very distinctive to my ear, not the gurgly under water throaty sound I've heard elsewhere that has followed screams,whoops, and even hyena type cackling sounds.

So, IMO, if it was a big cat, there would have been a "scream" instead of a "whoop" And, there would have been a distinct growl instead of the "mumbling" sound. Chris B.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Cowwarr

When I was a teenager I lived on the edges of the Great Dividing Range in Gippsland, Victoria, Australia.

When I was about 17, for a school geography assignment I “surveyed†part of a gully in  the bush up behind my place.  In some ways the gully was ideal for what I wanted.  It was small, about 30 metres across and had a nice collection of different plants, and even a huge abandoned wombat hole.  The gully was about 30 minutes hike from my place.

The only downside was it was one of those “uncomfortable†places.  One of those places where something seems amiss, and you often get the feeling of being watched. 

My brother and I had explored most of the bush that could be reached within a few hours walk from our place, and generally the landscape was quite typical for the region.

It was open dry eucalypt forest with moderate undergrowth limiting vision to generally less than 50 metres and sometimes as little as 10 or 20.  The trees were the typical virtually unclimbable ones that gum trees tend to be.  The ground had a good covering of leaves and bark, making silent movement almost impossible.

There was a network of dirt roads through the area but most were rarely used and as it was a rural region with the nearest town having a population of around 200, I knew pretty much everyone in the area, especially other the other kids.

In the morning of this day I packed my stuff and including food, compass (for surveying, I wouldn’t get lost), theodolite and just to make myself feel more comfortable, my machete.

I arrived at the gully, placed the compass on a handy burnt tree stump and ran a string line across the gully.  For the rest of the day I took measurements every 20cm recording what was there, elevation difference from my starting point etc.  The whole time I’m gradually feeling more and more uncomfortable, but just put it down to my imagination.

Late afternoon I finish, pack up and head home.  I hadn’t gone for more than five minutes when I realized I had left my compass behind so I went back to get it.

Sure it was there, right where I had left it on the stump, but sitting upside down. 

To this day, I am positive that I hadn’t touched it since I had used it in the morning and had left it right way up so I could read it.  I didn’t see anything and didn’t hear anything, but that gave me a real scare.  I drew my machete and didn’t let go of it until I was well out of the forest.

• 1 month later...

When I was the PNW, I was taking pics off the road in the forest a bit behind some fir (?) trees, and heard weird hummy buzzing, very loud, too loud to be any bug I know of, kind of right around circling me. Maybe three feet away? fairly louder than our big black bee thing. Moving around me like you'd think a flying insect would. I looked all around and could not see anything that could be making that noise around me. It was very strange. Like a really big bee in a tin box. But I could find no source.

This could have been a hummingbird.

Watched a dark thin figure move at high speed (from 40 yds away), and not make Any sound (while wearing headphones doing audio surveillance) in 4" of dry leaf liter and debris, at night.

This could have been an owl in a swoop to catch it's dinner.  I had a similar experience, except it was right in front of my car.  I was kind of freaked out thinking I had seen some alien being because what I witnessed couldn't be categorized into any known animal.  Then about a week later I saw the owl in a tree and realized what I had seen.

I have heard childlike laughter { recorded on audio } and once a child like voice singing under it's breathe and then the singing turned into talking with a voice inflection like it was asking questions, I could not understand anything it was saying. It made by blood run cold and my body started to shake.

Staying in our cabin, I was awakened the next morning by the kids running past the bedroom window and laughing.  I was in a foul mood because of it and jumped up to scold the kids who were sound asleep in the next bedroom. That was my first experience in learning that coyotes make that laughing sound.  I've heard it again since to be able to 100% identify them as the source.  For your other experience, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it sounded like an Asian language?  That would be something else.

I think Cervelo's deer kill looks like the work of a cat.

I wonder if the coyote might be a product of time.  The hide may not have been pulled up like that at first, but as it was scavenged the bones/meaty parts were pulled out to get at them perhaps?

SquatchAddict, is it possible the deer wasn't dead?  Though if you had it tied already, it's hard to figure out how it Houdini'd it's way out of the knot...

Those are just my thoughts on some of the things in this thread. 

imonacan, on 08 Jan 2013 - 6:57 PM, said:snapback.png

Watched a dark thin figure move at high speed (from 40 yds away), and not make Any sound (while wearing headphones doing audio surveillance) in 4" of dry leaf liter and debris, at night.

" This could have been an owl in a swoop to catch it's dinner.  I had a similar experience, except it was right in front of my car.  I was kind of freaked out thinking I had seen some alien being because what I witnessed couldn't be categorized into any known animal.  Then about a week later I saw the owl in a tree and realized what I had seen. "

Nope , sorry... was not an owl I saw. I've seen GH and Barred Owls gliding by me.. either after prey, or flying to their next perch. Not even close. There is something in them mountains, still unknown to science... upright, that can move silently through dense forest at high speed. That's all I can conclude, or even really know about it.. other than, it's there... because I seen it.

edited to add

Edited by imonacan

The laugh sound was distant but was not right for a yote , the sound was short and very distinct but I do agree that it is POSSIBLE for a yote to be the culprit but it rang very different to the ear.

The other voice incident there was no possible way this was a yote, I was about 40 yards from the subject doing the singing like whispering with a 28 inch parabolic dish.     This was some sort of speech and yes it did sound very Asian but also had hints of Native American Chief tone rise, the tone of a kind of a heavy prideful exaggeration on the last word of a sentence, this tone came up consistently in the voice of the subject just at the whispered level.

I might add that who ever this was { or whatever this was } was able to navigate the swamped river loaded with grape vines and black berry brambles without any light aid and made almost no noise.   This thing had to have waded through muck , dense vegetation , water and over fallen trees.

We went back and found 8 depressions since partially filled back in with muck , all of witch appeared to have been produced by a biped and the filled in prints where 8 inches long and 4 inches wide.