Incidents That Happened In The Field, You Can't Explain.. But Want To Know More About

BFF Patron

I think your encounter more likely was a BF than another large animal like a bear.       If you frightened a bear off you would have heard it moving away.   Likewise an elk.     But a BF that either is not aware you are there and is making travel noise, or is aware and trying to frighten you off, can and will go into instant stealth mode to move away.     

Well I mean anything is possible I guess.  The only reason I say that is because there has only been one report that I could ever find for that area since the history of man...lol.   Its pretty dry with maybe squirrels, deer, rabbits and acorns to eat.....guess I will never know!!!

Bigfoots have been observed going straight through bushes instead of around them, and one could have been noisily moving through the forest not realizing you were there.  I once saw a bigfoot run straight through some bushes that would be difficult for a man.  Here is an article about a 7-year-old boy who got lost in the woods during a family camping trip, and a female sasquatch took him by the hand and led him back to his campsite.  According to the witness the sasquatch didn't walk around any bushes, but walked straight through them.  

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/forums/index.php?/topic/316-child-lost-led-back-to-parents-campsite-by-female-sasquatch/

The above story is posted in the forums section of Sasquatch Research Association under the main topic "Sasquatch Stories" and the subtopic "Sasquatch Encounters with Children."  Another story listed there about a sasquatch carrying a lost little boy back to his camping site says this: "He remembers how fast she walked and that she cut through the forest like butter and she knew where she was going."

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/forums/index.php?/topic/325-child-rescued-by-a-sasquatch/

Another possibility is a sasquatch didn't like you being there and it made a lot of noise to frighten you but quit when you fired the shotguns.  

Edited by jayjeti

Petersen5710,

I had a similar experience as you back in 2006 in Sedona, Arizona.

I believe it was in end of Oct. or early Nov, and I was sky watching on the beautiful red rocks by a trail going to Submarine Rock.

The location was on wilderness area but very close to housing (maybe 2 miles away from housing and less than 1 mile hike from parking lot).

I was with another person and it was about 9 PM or later.

We were just standing with no lights and just enjoying a clear night sky.

Suddenly, we heard what sounded like a jeep crashing through all the brushes and trampling everything ahead of it.

Whatever it was, it was approaching us with no lights and it was big.

We thought it was a jeep because the noise sounded as if something huge was crushing everything ahead of it, but we never heard an engine, heard people or saw headlights.

We also thought it could be a jeep, because there are jeep trails in this area and are popular in Sedona (although not at night).

However the noise was coming from an area much closer to us and away from the dirt road.

I decided to get closer to the noise and shine my head lamp into the direction.

The second I shone my light, the noise stopped and we never heard it again.

We figured it could have been a big animal (wild boar or bear).

I don't know if Arizona has wild boar, but it has Javelinas (these are small though, 40-60 lbs).

We saw no jeep leaving the area and heard/saw nothing rest of evening.

The next day, we walked the area and confirmed that jeep trails were nowhere close to where we were located.

The one thing that I find odd about this incident, is that usually when I ran into bears at night, they don't freeze and stay quiet, but they leave the area and make noise.

Not sure if it is normal for a wild boar or hog to freeze with light and then not move (we stayed for 1-2 more hours before leaving and heard/saw nothing).

Whatever it was, it was approaching our location and the noise was extremely loud.

Will never know what it was.

Explorer

My brother shined the flashlight into the eyes of an 8 footer across from my old house.  He said when it turned around and ran back through the woods it sounded like something as big as a dump trunk (his words).  It was definitely not a deer, lion, cow, horse, etc.

I've heard and read of some other reports with similar sounds.

BFF Patron

One of my encounters the BF was going through heavy dry underbrush headed right for me.      The breaking deadwood sounds, and heavy footfalls, sounded like the T-Rex scene in Jurassic Park where the T-Rex is moving through the forest.    If I had a water glass out and visible it would have had waveforms in it like the glass in the ride with the kids in the movie.   There is no mistaking that thudding sound once you have heard it.      They can and will do that but can also move very quietly when they are in stealth mode.    When this one realized I was there, it faded away so quietly I did not hear a single sound even though I stayed in the immediate area for over an hour. 

Peterson. I also believe your experience has a hi possibility of being a Sasquatch as well. I lean towards that not just because of the noise and the lack of noise after ( bears tend to make more noise leaving than they did coming toward you) but because of something that I keep hearing pop up in a lot of reports and that is "on the third night" I hear and read that way to much for it to be a coincidence. 

LOL,  all I know is that it is not fun on the heart muscle when one minute you're dead asleep then in an instant in full adrenaline rush mode!  Ive done a little bit more thinking and maybe it was a large rock/boulder that broke loose and fell straight into the thick brush/trees without rolling into it but rather falling into it then just stopping....??  Who knows?

Bukwas....WOW I have never really noticed that correlation before.  Good catch.  I will be on the lookout for more of those types of similarities when reading reports.  tks.

I have experienced what I call the (freight train) only twice in my life. Both times happened late at night in September 1995 in the Abiqua Basin in Oregon within an 1/2 mile of each other. And both times it happened after two of us would do calls, screams, and yells together for up to 30 minutes. Then we would wait and listen. Both times sounded like something single, large, and moving fast breaking everything in its path towards us. The first time it came from a patch of old growth timber and the second time it came from the ridge above us.

After the second time it happened we came back to the area a week later and the spot where we were doing the calls looked like a tornado hit it. There was about a 100 feet of fir and hemlock trees on both sides of the road that were broken and pushed or pulled over.

Later a teacher went to that spot to check out the broken trees we told him about and he found and photographed a 16 inch footprint.

BFF Patron

I agree on the bear.     I had a close, 10 yards or so,  a face to face coming around a corner encounter with a bear on a trail up over Zig Zag in Oregon.  Anyone know what that trail name is, I have forgotten?   Clouds Rest or something like that?    The bear saw me and went off trail, crashing down a steep slope to get away breaking things all the way down.   The slope was so steep I was worried the bear would break his neck but he seemed to get away fine.   

CM sounds like the BF did not like your vocalizations the way it tore up the area.     I wonder if that would work to tick off a BF and get him to zap me for the benefit of my infrasound recorder?   Maybe my try to be nice to them tactics are not getting what I want in results.   

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

I asked an acquaintance earlier this summer, who was living in a RV in a promising area, if he ever heard anything strange. He looked at me a bit funny, then told me of a situation outside in the dark, when first the hair on his arms rose up, then he heard a deep growl that sent him indoors. Not enough detail, but hmm. Camping near there soon, lol at myself.

Edited by JKH

BFF Patron

Problem with growls, lots of animals growl.    Point in fact, most animals that do are dangerous and should scare you in the dark.   I saw a youtube video where some guy was alone in the woods and charged what he thought was a BF eye shine watching him.    That was idiotic and he said so several times on the video after that.     The BF started throwing large rocks at him and moving around to flank him.    I think he was lucky that was all that happened.   Think about how that BF related to humans after that.   He could have turned a curious BF into a dangerous one. 

^True enough, that's why I asked specifically about the hair thing...he noticed it as odd before he heard anything. Thought that was interesting. Maybe a big cat would do the same to a person.

I have no intention of chasing or confronting anything...not my thing. Just a bit of fun before it's too cold for an overnight for me. There's a creek valley to explore, etc.

BFF Patron

Even the most cute fluffy wild animal will bite if it is chased and cornered.    Quite frankly I don't blame them.