2013 Texas Bigfoot Conference

The TBRC is pleased to announce the 2013 Texas Bigfoot Conference, to be held Saturday, March 16, 2013, at the Fort Worth Convention Center.

This year's conference will feature Josh Gates from TV's "Destination Truth" along with presentations from Dr. Jeff Meldrum, Bill Munns, Kathy Strain, and Brian Brown. Tickets are on sale now.

Event information can be found at http://texasbigfoot.eventbrite.com/

Edited by bipto

Here's the tentative schedule. We'll add more details as we have them. This is, of course, subject to change.

9:00 - Intro and welcome

9:05-10:45 - TBRC Update - Overview of the organization, its mission, and its findings to date (including Operations Endurance and Persistance)

10:50-11:50 - Kathy Strain

11:50-1:15 - Lunch

1:15-2:25 - Bill Munns

2:30-3:40 - Jeff Meldrum

3:40-4:00 - Break

4:00-5:30 - Josh Gates

5:30-5:45 - Break (set up for panel)

5:45-7:00 - Panel

7:00 - Closing remarks and thanks

• 3 weeks later...

The TBRC has announced the host hotel for the Texas Bigfoot conference will be the Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa, located within walking distance to the Fort Worth Convention Center. Book though this link and enjoy a discounted room rate: http://is.gd/tbconfhotel

For anyone who actually wants to know more about this topic, this conference is a great opp. I've only been to one (2009); the next one I can make (this year's maybe?), I definitely will.

Would love to meet you there! Let me know if you show up.

Note, the schedule has been tweaked. This should be the final, though it's always subject to change.

9:00-9:15 - Intro and welcome

9:15-10:25 - Bill Munns

10:25-11:35 - Kathy Strain

11:35-1:00 - Lunch

1:00-2:10 - Jeff Muldrum

2:10-3:40 - Brian Brown "In the Valley of the Wood Ape - The results of Endurance and Persistance"

3:40-4:00 - Break

4:00-5:30 - Josh Gates

5:30-5:45 Break (set up for panel)

5:45-7:00 Panel

7:00 - Closing remarks

All those are gonna be good. Munns alone brings world-class expertise in something skeptics think should be easy to do...but he knows isn't.

I'll let you know. If I can't make it it won't be for not trying.

In '09 I did some cool sidetrips - Beavers Bend (that lake is the prettiest view I ever woke up to in a hotel room) and Little River and the Talimena Drive in AR/OK; hikes plus an all-night "scoping" drive (including the Ghost Road, around 1 a.m.) in the Thicket. The whole area is, you know, kinda squatchy.

Edited by DWA

Aaaand, now we've added Lyle Blackburn to the line-up! Really excited about that. If you're read his excellent book on Boggy Creek, you know Lyle has a deep comprehension of the area's bigfoot lore.

The schedule is being monkeyed with to make room and will be posted as soon as it's done.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to note that the TBRC have added a Friday Night Social. You can come and hang out with Meldrum, Munns, Josh Gates and lots of other cool people.

The Friday Night Social will include a fabulous meal including butler passed hors d’oeuvres (including Spicy Eggplant & Mozzarella Brushetta, Spinach & Chicken Spanakopita in Phyllo, Coconut Shrimp Tempura, and Mini Beef Wellington with Perigourdine Sauce), a Smoked BBQ Beef Brisket Carving Station and sides (including caramelized onions, vegetables, assorted rolls), a Gourmet Whipped Potato Bar, and a Chef’s Selection of Miniature Desserts, Cakes, and Pies. A cash bar will offer a wide variety of imported and domestic beers, wine, and soft drinks.

Tickets are only $50 and admission is limited. Tickets are available at http://texasbigfoot-ch.eventbrite.com/

Thank you for your concern, but I doubt that it will be necessary. The storm seems to have passed, and the realization that the EP has more problems with it's relationship with ketchum than with me seems to have put the matter back into a more balanced perspective.

Plus I understand the bulletproof glass is really transparent so nobody will have trouble seeing me through it.

:)

Bill