I Think We Are Seeing The Dawning Of A New Type Of Dishonesty In The Bigfoot World...

TimB

I've noticed the development of a new type of dishonest "player" in the bigfoot world since the subject entered the mainstream. It's primarily on the discussion boards but I think it can apply to the whole "community", whatever that means.

There are 3 aspects to these new hoaxers:

1) They claim an expertise, whether that be as a debunker, researcher, habituater, or inner circle member.

2) They claim to have definitive proof about the truth or falsehood of an aspect of bigfoot or it's community.

3) They refuse to share the information for a cryptic reason.

The motivation seems to be an implied authority or simply attention. A true researcher would share their knowledge.

I propose we call them "Gamers". Playing the game at the expense of everyone else.

What do you think?

Tim B.

BFF Patron

Ask me in the Tar Pit and I'll tell you what I really think. Not here. Lost a perfectly good post because of locale.

What do you think?

I think you have a very myopic, small world view of the total 'bigfooting world' if you think that it's up to the BFF to define or determine who's in good standing or not in good standing with the whold bigfooting world. This forum is only one of many, and there's a lot of researchers out there involved in the topic who have absolutely no contact or involvement with the internet bigfooting world.

Worrying about 'managing the bigfoot world' strikes me as about as useful as herding cats. JMO

• Upvote 1

Interesting topic, TimB. But, please tread carefully not to name or allude enough information about a certain person to call them a "gamer" as it will soon be added to our list of bad words due to your derogatory definition :) Having said all that, I do agree there is a lot of non-transparency going on out there--to the point of making bigfootery boring. But, just to play devil's advocate; say you had a tribe of squatches living in the woods near you. You and them have become friends. You trade favors and even have meals together.....maybe you'd like to share this with other footers, but don't want to risk a.) sounding like a fantasy seeker, and b. ) your friendship with the squatches cuz you know everyone's gonna wanna have a look see. Just a thought. post-17666-0-49062700-1358046955.png

Guest RedRatSnake

I've noticed the development of a new type of dishonest "player" in the bigfoot world since the subject entered the mainstream. It's primarily on the discussion boards but I think it can apply to the whole "community", whatever that means.

I don't think anyone should have the idea that a discussion board would be the place to find an answer to this mystery, But, in answer to your question IMHO, I think more needs to be done to question the elite or those that run conferences and publish books about the phenomenon, the experts if you will, those that profit from the subject, seems to me there is a movement to push BF into the main stream as much as possible, they give no answers or offer any real proof when questioned about certain aspects of their research, you certainly get a lot of double talk and future promisies, but nothing more in the way of evidence than Mr John Green gave us all years ago.

Interesting topic, TimB. But, please tread carefully not to name or allude enough information about a certain person to call them a "gamer" as it will soon be added to our list of bad words due to your derogatory definition :)

Skoftic, footer, bleever. All used frequently on this board.

Tim B.

^....AND without conviction so long as not toward anyone who happens to be a member is all I was saying, otherwise I like the topic here

OH I get it. Sorry- that was one thing I meant to say but didn't want to see bossy. No one that is a member should be part of this conversation.

Tim B.

Guest RedRatSnake

This forum is only one of many, and there's a lot of researchers out there involved in the topic who have absolutely no contact or involvement with the internet bigfooting world.

Worrying about 'managing the bigfoot world' strikes me as about as useful as herding cats. JMO

Just like our fathers and grandfathers, with time comes wisdom ~ :)

Guest Cowlitz2

Sounds like a bunch labels/judgements to me, the examples are endless and accomplishes discord, division, etc. Guess that is what the Tar Pit was for?

It's always such a good idea to divide people up and label them. You know, those who think differently from you, we can call those the wrong-thinking people. Know-nothings, perhaps?

And to whoever it was who asked me earlier on a different thread if I was being sarcastic.....that ^ is what sarcasm sounds like.

Edited by Kings Canyon