Tree Break

norseman

Guest Cervelo

Very little of the tree stuff I see in Va can I explain.

All I can tell you is we could walk less than 100 yrds in any stand of woods in Va. and find stuff like your describing....so either Bigfoot is omnipresent in Va. or there's some other explanation.

Very little of the tree stuff I see in Va can I explain.

All I can tell you is we could walk less than 100 yrds in any stand of woods in Va. and find stuff like your describing....so either Bigfoot is omnipresent in Va. or there's some other explanation.

I understand your skeptism. I would NEVER have noticed any of this stuff had it not been for wood knocking signifying my approach 2 months ago. Look at my intro thread, the huge boulder on top of a tree stump in the middle of the woods and other things that I posted. Thing is, if you can figure out how something happened and it makes sense, probably not BF. But if you can figure out a pattern (can follow tree breaks, arches, or other structures that no human can make in and out of the woods) then how do you explain it? I have used arches as pointers to find other tree breaks and structures and follow them for distances over a mile.

Keep your eyes open in the woods, and maybe one day...

BTW my BF encounters pale in comparison to the Mountain Lion (I believe it was a female in heat, that later strolled by my bedroom window after mating and giving birth to 2 cubs, with cubs in tow and playing, about 13 years ago) that I mainly heard, but caught a fleeting glimpse of once. The growl is astonishing and will chill you!

Tree breaking is a supposed Squatch attribute, are there other things in the woods capable of breaking trees? Absolutely.

It's not proof and no one is asking it to be taken as such. But it's certainly worth noting on one's expeditions IF one cannot find a plausible mundane explanation for it. 

I don't really pay much heed to dead trees that are broken, but a younger healthy evergreen tree (in the Selkirks) that's recently been snapped off, without a dead snag recently fallen in the vicinity that could have broke it? Yah, it's a possible sign of our elusive quarry. And it should be noted.

But doesn't Ockham's Razor tell us it was broken off by an deer/elk/caribou?

Edited by Ace!

Guest Cervelo

Mail,

This is from a day trip to Carvins Cove/Roanoke Va.

Some of it is.....wait for it....interesting!

I usually do not get excited about dead trees, but in this case it's obvious something moved it. Hard to say without any other evidence to go by. Thx for sharing...

But doesn't Ockham's Razor tell us it was broken off by an deer/elk/caribou?

Yes, but the sign should tell you what it was. Otherwise just mark it down as a point of interest and move on. Edited by norseman

What I find of interest in Cervelo's video, as in several of Maibock's, is the seemingly insubstantial nature of the supporting branches. If they are as relatively frail as the videos indicate, it would preclude natural (as in high winds, etcl) causes. With the apparent mass of the trees involved, either well coordinated effort by several people would be required to balance them, or one very strong something. If either of you, or anyone else, has the interest, a record of how long some of these carefully balanced structures stay in place might be of some value. My thought process being, if some kids are just messing around, I would expect that wind would likely drop them pretty quickly. On the other hand, if they are done by something with experience in the balancing and possibly a better natural sense of the forces involved, they may stay in place longer.

Guest Cervelo

In my vid it most likely fell out of a tree above, branches that fall rarely go straight to the ground unimpeded.

Unless the branch is a major part of a tree and very heavy it is being caught and slowed down as it falls and actually could make a pretty soft landing in reality.

Having seen this for myself with some of my own lame attempts at tree trimming it can actually be very frustrating.

But it was odd for sure!

Here's another from the same trip...

Edited by Cervelo

Thanks for the videos, Cervelo. I fully understand branches falling from above. We have about 600 feet of creek frontage on our little slice of heaven in the Elkhorn Mountains, running in a ravine with serious flora. Lots of Aspen and some nasty thorned stuff that's hard as the dickens, might be Russian Olive but Botany is not my strong suit. Some Pine, Spruce and Fir, Wild Rose and Clematis vines as big as my wrist and a ton of Giant Rope Weed with spiny seed pods an inch in diameter that we refer to as alien spores.

Not sure if you’ve read through Maibock’s “Hi From Northwest Nj†thread, didn’t see any of your posts there. He opens with photos of two rocks stacked on top of a stump with his back pack for size comparison. The smaller rock is about the size of the pack, the larger I would guestimate at 600 to 800 lbs. It would take some healthy people to lift it there. I know from experience in assisting with the excavation, plaster encapsulation and removal for study of a nest of dinosaur eggs about that size west of Choteau, Montana, just how difficult it is to move an odd shaped object that heavy under primitive conditions.

His photos in post 34 depict what he refers to as the Flying Tree. One of the photos includes his lady friend for comparison. From that I’d estimate the remains of the root ball, which is suspended some 20 plus feet up, to be three to four feet in diameter and the trunk at the base maybe 18 inches. The balance of the trunk, 20 or 30 feet, is angled down maybe 45° with the broken stub resting on the ground. What is most curious is that this substantial piece of dead wood is supported quite precariously, midway by a small, maybe two inch limb where it branches off form an eight inch trunk and at the upper, heavy end, by a tiny stub of limb from a thin tree that is bent by the weight. From the photos, I don’t see how people could have done it without at least a block and tackle.

Guest COGrizzly

I've said it elsewhere on the ole BFF - maybe I've even said it here in this thread - but 100,000 trees fall PER DAY in Colorado.  

I'd bet a good part of that number is bigfoot related and not a result of the Pine Beetle devastation.

Guest Cervelo

Yes those Bigfeets hate trees!!!!

Airdale,

Checked out the info you suggested didn't see anything outside of natural/hand of man realm of possibility.

Edited by Cervelo

Yes those Bigfeets hate trees!!!!

Airdale,

Checked out the info you suggested didn't see anything outside of natural/hand of man realm of possibility.

Cervelo, you would need to walk around here and see all the evidence for yourself to understand that it is NOT wind or people or just random nature doing all of what is doing around here. The similarities of the happenings covering such a large area yet not being present in other areas around here to me verifies that there is something doing all the tree damage or structure forming around here. But my two encounters verified what is doing it for me, and maybe my heightened awareness and time ground pounding will eventually lead to breakthrough. Who knows? The things that I have posted here no wind could do and no human (for the most part) would do because it makes no sense to go through all the trouble, effort, and work and place these wierd happenings in places where there is a low probability and anyone would ever see them.

I should also add that the Flying Tree had to have been ON THE GROUND for a long time because the dirt from the roots had eroded away and it has no branches, as well as the hole it came out of was eroded away. So it could not have blown into that postition, AND it must have been POST Sandy because of its precarious perch, which I do not think can be maintained through the winds we had.

Edited by maibockaddict

Guest Cervelo

Your absolutely right I'm not there... obviously it's very compelling for you.

I can only rely on my own personal experience of a lifetime of hunting and fishing ect ect and have yet to run across anything that I couldn't attribute to natural cause or done by man.

Here's one I found in the Shenadoah NP.

I found this by accident and its astounding where this is and I cannot fathom its purpose or why someone would have gone to this much trouble.

But it's obvious it was done by man, can you tell me how?

e9e7feb8.jpg

Edited by Cervelo

Some of the ends of the branches facing me look cut.........only man cuts things with knives.

I would guess that was a nice little shelter until the thing collapsed in on itself.

Guest Cervelo

Yup saw cut....it was built just like its shown...the only way I can describe it was a spider hole almost like a lay down shooting/observation blind, it was very tight inside.

Edited by Cervelo