Sign in to follow this  

What Would It Take.....?

For non believers to believe the film depicts a genuine unknown species?

For believers to believe the film to be nothing more than an elaborate hoax?

Being that I am on the fence, I will offer answers for both:

1- Bob H and or DeAtley (spelling?) to admit their hoax claims were false

2- Seeing the suit

Oonjerah

@ Evil Ken

1. No matter what a liar says, who says they're telling the truth this time?

I suppose the people who'd care about that are those who despise hoaxers & wanna get their mad on.

2. Suppose we have a suit that's said to be The Suit. It's made from the materials used back in the 60's.

When our new Patty puts it on, it looks just like the old Patty. New Patty has duplicated the walk and the

body language. When she steps out on the sand bar, it's deja vu!

It Wouldn't Prove that PGF was a hoax, only that it could have been.

Personally, I feel certain that you cannot duplicate PGF with a guy in a suit. Of course, it could be done

now with CGI.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Most people don't seem to understand the different types of evidence that the film has to offer. So we get a whole bunch of people who use the lack of proof for Bigfoot or the BobH backstories to justify their opinion on the film rather than the actual film itself. In some extreme cases (like the JREF), some will be so biased that anything indicating the film shows something real will be considered unacceptable.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest Primate

I would have to see a suit that

1.Had arm extentions above the elbow

2.Exibited mouth , finger ,calf , thigh , boob and butt cheek movement

3.Had 14-1/2 inch feet that clearly match the trackway and my cast of the occasion.(with toe movement)

And, an extremely athletic man between the height of 6 1/2 and 7 feet tall with twice the girth of an ordinary person would have to come forward would have to come forward and explain why in 1967 he had nothing better to do with his considerable talents then surprize a couple of cowboys , why he wasn't concerned with getting shot by Gimlin and why he only did it once ..

why he wasn't concerned with getting shot by Gimlin

This is a very good question!

Guest Theagenes

1. If something like the DNA tests or a body confirm the existence of BF then I would be much more likely to accept the PGF as genuine. A body that looks very similar to Patty would clinch it. (this one is tougher, because its hard to add anything new to support it that isn't already there in the film)

2. Bob G. or Patricia Patterson admitting it was a hoax would be tough to overcome. Possibly the suit if it was clearly what we see in the film and it's provenance made it likely to be the real deal.

Guest Cervelo

Having been a proponent of PGF all my life, it wasn't until seeing the information posted here that I now firmly believe its a man in a suit.

The strange part is it has more to do with the information presented by the proponents than the skeptics.

1. If something like the DNA tests or a body confirm the existence of BF then I would be much more likely to accept the PGF as genuine. A body that looks very similar to Patty would clinch it. (this one is tougher, because its hard to add anything new to support it that isn't already there in the film)

2. Bob G. or Patricia Patterson admitting it was a hoax would be tough to overcome. Possibly the suit if it was clearly what we see in the film and it's provenance made it likely to be the real deal.

well said

Having been a proponent of PGF all my life, it wasn't until seeing the information posted here that I now firmly believe its a man in a suit.

The strange part is it has more to do with the information presented by the proponents than the skeptics.

interesting....care to elaborate?

Guest Kerchak

Which man in a suit? Are you convinced it's not Bob H, after the wealth of evidence and proof against his claim?

Did you find the information presented against Bob H by the proponents interesting too? I mean, I know you were/are close to Kitakaze so it must be a drag for you to find out your pal was so wrong.

As to the opening question, it would have to be a confession by Bob Gimlin.

Edited by Kerchak

Cotter

If Gimlin produced a suit and a confession, I would be hopping off the fence and into the 'fake' camp. Bob would also need to explain WHO was in the suit as well.

As for it to be real, I would like to see a specimen that looks similar, and I would put more weight onto the probability it is indeed real.

Question - has a scenario ever been presented whereas the subject in the PGF is fake, but it is NOT Bob H?

Guest Theagenes

Weren't there a couple of other guys back in the 90's that claimed they were the one in the suit, but their stories were even more dubious than Bob H.'s?

Guest John

I believe it to be an enduring myth that there are other claimants to being 'the-man-in-the-suit'. Others may have been suggested for the frame by third parties, but as far as I'm aware Bob is the only man to have directly claimed that role himself.

And no, I have no opinion one way or the other as to the veracity of the claim before someone points an accusing hairy finger at me for being a Bob supporter ;) .

Guest Kerchak

There is nobody else who seriously claimed to have been Patty. Seeing as we can now reliably 100% write Bob H off........that leaves NOBODY fingered as Patty. Works for me.

Sign in to follow this