High End Research Gear And Equipment

NathanFooter

@Madison5716Same here, its a grab bag of rain or snow for the next 3mo. I used to carry a similar bag like that for 48hr trips out west. Trying to manage space in that size bag without pouches etc can be a chore sometimes, every little trick helps. 

After my surgery this summer/fall, I'm horribly out of shape and every little bit of weight I can shed in my pack helps. Hiked 3 miles Sunday with a full pack and just about killed myself. BUT I LOVE this bag, even better than my lighter weight Osprey backpacks. Where you from, @Skinwalker13? NorthWind and I are in Oregon. Do you have a YouTube channel? We are Lane County Bigfooters (me) and Sasquatch Habitat Investigation Team (Mark).

@Madison5716I'm in West Virginia, when I was still enlisted and when I was in college me and some friends would always head out the the PNW for some remote hiking and camping each summer. I had an old ruck that was similar to yours that i would use a lot. I do have a YouTube channel but we dont have much content up as far as our investigation go, it wasnt until this year we decided to really make any of our findings public. we did record a Bigfoot investigation load out video that will be up soon, currently editing, showing what we take with us in the field with us. 2 different load outs for different situations. Its under "Wild & Weird West Virginia". My research partner (ron) has been researching UFOs for 35 years so its currently mostly UFO stuff or our podcast episodes. I think I currently have 1 BF field investigation and im editing a 30min one, theres a promo up for it but its not finished yet, ive still got 2 interviews to conduct on camera and hours of editing before its wrapped. 

Well, I'll look forward to seeing it when you're ready. UFO's scare the crap out of me. I don't want anything to do with those. You should take a look at my photo on page 27 and the subsequent discussions of the photo and experience.  Here:

Bigfoot Forums

After finding the first set of prints at this location, I returned alone to cast them. I was definitely uneasy at one place in the bay. Taking a photo of the rising sun, I got this weird blue thing. We've debated back and forth, but I'm leaning towards it being a cloaked UFO. God, I can't believe I just said that. I'm not 100% convinced of it, but it was really, really weird and I'm willing to consider things out side the normal realm of possiblity. Having experience in that field, I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

@Madison5716 ive got a "weird" thread here too. Ill go tag you in it, im still a big hairy homonid in the woods, but were pretty sure we got something else a few motnhs back following up on a sighting report. Ill go check out your pic for sure and let you know what I think.

Indeed, it is absolutely gorgeous but it costs between $285,000 and $380,000. Wowser!!

Edited by wiiawiwb

BFF Patron

It has to be really small for it to be mounted on a Tacoma.    A full sized camper needs a one ton truck to haul it around well.      

I've been learning about RVs. Here's an original, with caveat, looks pretty sweet.

"If you aren’t aware of these Toyota RVs - The factory rear axles were underdesigned and could have catastrophic failure even under regular loads. This RV had a full rear axle swapped to the 1 ton dually which can handle a much heavier load. This is around $3k to have done."

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/edmonds-17-toyota-sunrader-1980/7257692651.html

A friend of mine got a 1992 all original Toyota. I think it's the Dolphin type upfit. The cab and chassis was shipped from Japan to either the US or Canada and became one of four different types of "onesie" as my spouse and I call them. My friend's model has the one ton dualie axle with a 6 cylinder and the camper was 28 years old at time of purchase. Lots of nice "modern" amenities for its day. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey folks, im going to start making some accessories that would likely be of interest to a lot of you. Im going to be life casting some trees to get natural bark pattterns for about 5 species to start out. These castings will be used to make sound dampaning, camouflage for your trailcams and remote audio divices. If you guys have specific species you would like to see targeted let me know, also let me know what trail cams a lot of you use, going to make them for the most commonly used cams first.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Nice thermal!  Let us know how you like it and post up some videos. 

What palette are you using? The Ourdoor Alert looks interesting. My main palette is black hot.

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic