Jump to content
NathanFooter

High End Research Gear And Equipment

Recommended Posts

hiflier
BFF Donor

Yep. Squatch Test Dummies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Explorer

Blue Mountains Bigfoot researcher from eastern Oregon, Scot Violette, shows his squatch pod on this video.

Need to speed up video to 0:50 seconds to see the pod.

It is a small trailer covered up with camouflage with cameras all around and a control room inside with video monitor of the six cameras.

I presume that the six cameras have night vision capability but don't think they are thermal imagers.

He does not go into detail on his setup.

It is not clear if he leaves the pod alone overnight (recording video) or if he spends the night inside monitoring.

 

Not sure how fruitful this technique would be.

I doubt it has paid dividends, given that his youtube channel and website do not show any film capture of BF from this setup.

https://www.squatchoregon.com/

 

The only advantage of this technique over putting game cameras around your campsite is that you can monitor all cameras in real time from inside a comfortable trailer.

However, if BF can detect game cameras hidden on trees around campsite, then they could easily detect six cameras surrounding this trailer.

Will love to hear Scot opine on his experiences and the pluses and minuses of this technique.

We need to share both techniques that work and those that fail and the reasons why.

 

Scot's youtube channel link is below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC510U24VGgjpS5sTt48NBiw/videos

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS

When they started doing howls at the end they lost me.    If you ever want an encounter the last thing you want to do is let BF know exactly where you are so it can avoid you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wiiawiwb

Yeah, I don't get their "yelling" at the end either. It sounds so painfully like a human I can't see how they could fool a cricket.

 

The wait,  be quiet, and listen approach I think is very sound.  I do that in the darkness of night and it is surprising how much you can hear if you focus on listening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Explorer

SWWASAS and Wiiawiwb,

 

I presume the yelling/howling idea comes from BFRO - that is what they do on their training expeditions.

I have been to 6 BFRO trips and in all of them that is what their trip leaders do with the group (hike at night, woodnock, howl, and listen/therm).

On the 2 BFRO trips whereas a BF was sighted by individuals, there were no howls.

In one case, 2 guys were sitting quietly on a dark trail (known hotspot) and were playing harmonica. They had no thermals or cameras.

In another case, 1 guy was just packing his vehicle by himself in late afternoon and a BF walked in front of him and crossed the road.

In no case have we ever encountered BFs using the BFRO method (even though there were always some delusional people who thought the BFs were flanking us).:blink:

 

In addition to those who learn from BFRO, you got the Finding Bigfoot series, who have contaminated a lot of people in terms on how to look for BF.

 

In my own private research trips, I never howl or wood knock.  I don't know what it means, so why do it?

I just audio record, listen, and have my thermal ready at camp, after a long day hike exploring the targeted areas.

I also do not build campfires.

 

BTW, I have not seen any evidence that ideas like that squatch-pod or similar ideas of putting cameras on RV's or trailers have paid off.

The best idea I have seen was the thermal periscope from a tent. But even that has not been fruitful.

Edited by Explorer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Catmandoo
BFF Donor
On 4/8/2019 at 6:23 PM, Explorer said:

BTW, I have not seen any evidence that ideas like that squatch-pod or similar ideas of putting cameras on RV's or trailers have paid off.

The best idea I have seen was the thermal periscope from a tent. But even that has not been fruitful.

 

The squatch-pod has camo that sucks. It has a ventilated cut but that type camo is plastic.  I did not watch the entire presentation. I only saw daytime images on the monitor.  I was surprised to see that the cameras are out in the open. Perhaps they were exposed for image taking.  Those home security type cameras usually don't advertise the IR wavelength. A glass cover is used to protect the LED's. My rule of thumb is; a piece of glass lowers the IR output about 10%. Too bad.  Acrylic materials pass IR. The cameras and monitor emit EMF so I believe that the squatch-pod is very noisey in the frequencies that humans can't detect. I wonder if bears and deers avoid 'the pod'?

 

Explorer, I am surprised that you go on for-pay camping activities. Did they have exit interviews?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hiflier
BFF Donor
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:07 PM, wiiawiwb said:

.....I can't see how they could fool a cricket.

 

^^ Hah! Love it!

 

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:23 PM, Explorer said:

In my own private research trips, I never howl or wood knock.  I don't know what it means, so why do it?

 

I agree. I never wood knock and I never howl. There are other creatures in the woods and the last thing I want to do is freak them out. I also don't wear camo,  don't act like I'm hunting or tracking and I don't put stickers on my truck. No one would think that I was a Bigfoot researcher at all, which is just the way I like it. In fact, I stay on trails or in camp. No more bushwhacking for this guy. I figure it this way now, between the hunters and Sasquatch the animals that live in the woods and forests don't need me adding to their stress, having them run from a water supply if they are thirsty or away from food if they are hungry or trying to feed their young. All around I just feel better about how I conduct myself when I'm out there.

Edited by hiflier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Explorer
2 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Explorer, I am surprised that you go on for-pay camping activities. Did they have exit interviews?

 

Hi Catmandoo,

 

No exit interviews. 

 

You pay for access to a BFRO known hot-spot location and for meeting a bunch of interesting and fun people.

In some trips you might meet very experienced folks who might teach you about best practices on casting, audio-recording, therming, etc but not all of them are like that.

You don't pay to go camping or to find bigfoot or to learn how to find bigfoot.

 

I have enjoyed all my trips because I got to go camping to new locations (either in CA, WA, or OR) that were unknown to me,  met new interesting people (some of them became new friends), and because some of the places that we went were for sure hot-spots.

Just because I enjoy these trips does not mean that I support or agree with how BFRO goes about their business of looking for BF at night.

In the last trip I went, for the last 2 nights I set up my own solo satellite camp and did my own thing at night.  Yet, I still interacted with the group and socialized which is fun (since I usually don't meet folks who research BF when camping).

In other trips, I find like-minded people who don't want to walk at night and instead we sit quietly and listen on the edge of a meadow or quiet lake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS

All I need to know is that the BFRO has an expedition on a particular weekend in Washington and I can find their encampment.   It is called aerial surveillance.   Their hotspots are sometimes very puzzling.   If I was unscrupulous I could sell their locations.   But that would be as dishonest as they are.    I think their locations are more related to where they can get away with illegal activity than bigfoot activity.   Their leaders are not licensed guides and they do not have permits to operate in Federal Forest land. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wiiawiwb
On 4/8/2019 at 9:23 PM, Explorer said:

SWWASAS and Wiiawiwb,

 

I presume the yelling/howling idea comes from BFRO - that is what they do on their training expeditions.

I have been to 6 BFRO trips and in all of them that is what their trip leaders do with the group (hike at night, woodnock, howl, and listen/therm).

On the 2 BFRO trips whereas a BF was sighted by individuals, there were no howls.

In one case, 2 guys were sitting quietly on a dark trail (known hotspot) and were playing harmonica. They had no thermals or cameras.

In another case, 1 guy was just packing his vehicle by himself in late afternoon and a BF walked in front of him and crossed the road.

In no case have we ever encountered BFs using the BFRO method (even though there were always some delusional people who thought the BFs were flanking us).:blink:

 

In addition to those who learn from BFRO, you got the Finding Bigfoot series, who have contaminated a lot of people in terms on how to look for BF.

 

In my own private research trips, I never howl or wood knock.  I don't know what it means, so why do it?

I just audio record, listen, and have my thermal ready at camp, after a long day hike exploring the targeted areas.

I also do not build campfires.

 

BTW, I have not seen any evidence that ideas like that squatch-pod or similar ideas of putting cameras on RV's or trailers have paid off.

The best idea I have seen was the thermal periscope from a tent. But even that has not been fruitful.

 

I'm not a fan of howling principally because I've never heard one that sounded good.  That aside, I do employ a single wood knock when I go out and have had two instances of a reply. One time, two years ago, a reply came from two different locations close to me. One of those locations was in a vast swamp next to where I was staying in the absolute blackness of night far away from civilization.  No one will ever convince a human would go there in daylight much less in its inky darkness just waiting to scam someone.

 

It proved to me there was one and maybe two sasquatch near me that night. I also don't know what a wood knock would mean but it underscored my resolve to redouble my efforts knowing something was out there that night and very close by.

Edited by wiiawiwb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS

I would be afraid that the howl I just made was bigfoot for "I think you are really hot so come and get me"  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS

I noticed that one supposed member seemed to be on line every time I was.       The name is googlebot.       So I went to google search and typed in my screen name.    Sure enough there were several pictures I have posted to the forum on Google.    If anyone has images that they are saving for a book or anything proprietary do not post it to the forum.     I have some pictures like that that I have been holding back in case I write a book.    I suspected that any pictures posted here would leak out.   If that  member is really a bot it would seem that violates forum rules somehow.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gigantor
3 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I noticed that one supposed member seemed to be on line every time I was.    

 

All search engine bots are color coded black. They are not real people, it's a computer program that catalogs the content of all websites.

 

How else could engines work?

 

We display them all purpose, so the membership knows they are active, but they scan all public websites anyway.

 

The bots do NOT have access to the Premium section.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS

Ok good to know that you know about them.    I suspected them here did not think their presence was that obvious.     Anyway it is probably a good thing I have held back some pictures.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×