Chautauqua Lake Bigfoot Expo

Oh - I didn't mean that to be directed at you AaronD.. Kinda an overall comment about the weekend.

See ya there !!! I will look for you.

Guest billgreen2010

ill be at this conferance in spirit only  have fun  take alot photos meet people  keep us updated ok :)

Was there last year, and it was an interesting and well put together event. This year, it looks to be even better. Wish I could have made it.. but just can't do everything.  Peter (the organizer), is a classy guy.. for making these presentations and the town hall meeting with witness accounts... available on streaming video, for those that can't attend. For $4.99, I sure can't go wrong, as the prime area south of this conference.. is only 1.5 - 2  hours west of some my areas of investigation. From the Allegheny NF in PA, into Chautaugua and Cattaraugus Co.s in NY.. is good habitat, with a history of incidents. I look forward, to hearing more witness accounts.

Just got back from the BF expo--it was awesome!!! My son loved it too!!! I never thought he'd stay attentive all day but low and behold--he did! Melissa and Steve Kulls' presentations were super! And Bob G. is the kindest man I have ever met I think.

Admin

Glad you and your son enjoyed yourselves. I'm sure it was interesting

Sure!  Billy Willard was the first to speak-from the Sasquatch Watch of VA. His sons actually got the group started in '05 I think he said. He had a plaster cast he took from a trackway, he said the one he brought was the least clear as the other 3 was waiting to be viewed by Meldrum.

Tom Yamarone sang a few comical songs about BF and a couple higher profile names in the field, so there was music as well :)

Of course--Bob Gimlin gave his presentation about what all happened during his expedition in 1967 with Mr. Patterson. Lots of Q/A there...

Larry Battson had several live reptiles; a gila monster, a small alligator, a couple large snakes, and a tarantula...which he gave short educational speeches on.

Melissa talked about eyeshine, particularly how BF is different from say a deer or cat's eyeshine. IMO this topic needs more attention, very interesting!

Then Steve Kulls discussed the attributes and behaviors of a primate--as always, a cool presentation :)

I think a dvd will be available in a week or so.

Edited by AaronD
typo

Thanks for the highlights AaronD.  That does sound like a great time.  Some good names, especially Gimlin! Ill have to check out the DVD.  

Thanks for the update Aaron!! Sounds like a good time! I am hoping to head up to Washington/Oregon area in August, going to have lunch with Bob Gimlin if all works out! I agree about the eyeshine as well, a topic not talked about as much as it should.

KB

I will upload some pics in a couple days.. It was great to meet njjohn and Aaron - and Aaron your son -- is a fantastic kid!! It was really a pleasure to meet you all. As soon as I get unpacked I will post those photos. :) 

Thanks Melissa! He's been so excited ever since--he hasn't shut up about it :)  And he hasn't taken his Squatcher shirt off since either--I really need to do something about that tho...LOL

KB, let me just tell you--Bob G. is one of the kindest people you will ever meet! To be truthful, I went there with intentions of analysing his responses face to face to see if there is any deceit in his character. Like I said in the PGF thread, I was a trained therapist for years and I can usually tell when someone is being honest or otherwise. The man is being completely honest about everything he has said on the subject of oct 20, 1967  in my professional opinion. So, save for the left field chance that he was also duped by someone in a high tech, decades before it was possible, suit---the PGF is absolutely REAL!

Heard that Rebecca Watson was trolling the convention hard, a couple skeptics I know of were disgusted by her behavior there.

Ronnie Bass,

I guess I don't know who Rebecca Watson is. At least I don't remember talking to anyone by that name. But regardless it was a great weekend. 

Aaron, 

Wait till he falls asleep - then try to get it off - wash it and put it right back on. :) He is a future Bigfooter !!! It's the kids and their excitement I love the most about Conferences. Anything is possible to them. 

Okay, I just found out who Rebecca Watson is. She is with the Skeptical Enquirer Magazine. I do remember her, and I thought she was very polite and nice. Maybe I will feel different when her article comes out?? LOL.

So, she was looking for info. 

Heard that Rebecca Watson was trolling the convention hard, a couple skeptics I know of were disgusted by her behavior there.

I heard from some Bigfooters who heard from some skeptics, that they didn't even know she was there.