Sign in to follow this  
Guest Theagenes

Dfoot's Theories On The Pgf As A Hoax

Guest Theagenes

Okay, I've been spending a lot of time going through old threads and I keep seeing people mentioning Dfoot as someone who had some interesting ideas about how the PGF was hoaxed and someone who was working on a suit. But in searching for material by him I can't find anything, even in the BFF 1.0 in the premium area. He was banned obviously, but were all of his posts deleted as well? What's the deal? Am I just having difficulty navigating the site and search feature?

From what I've gathered his basic idea seems to be a variant of the John Chambers Hollywood rumor and that Patty is a 60's era hollywood suit. If this is his theory, what is his evidence and Bill, if you're reading this was was your opinion on this? I'd just to know more about the case he was making and judge it for myself, but the fact that everything seems to be deleted makes that impossible. Can someone please summarize his theory?

masterbarber

There are numerous posts by him in the 1.0 archives but they cannot be discussed or re-posted outside the PMP area.

Wheellug

Summary...

"It's a suit!"

"I can make one just like it"

... Makes a suit.. publishes some results/pictures on the internet.

That's about all I can remember.

At least he did make an attempt. There are some images out there still of his work.

Opinions may vary.. came no where close to replicating said suit.

Guest Theagenes

There are numerous posts by him in the 1.0 archives but they cannot be discussed or re-posted outside the PMP area.

Okay, maybe I'm just having trouble finding any, but I have searched for any post by him in BFF 1.0 and I can't find a single one. His name is grayed out when you pull him up on the members list. When I click on the vaious links people have made to the threads that he started the links go to some random BFRO page.

Guest LAL

Here's one thread he started:

I found it by searching for Chris (Walas).

Guest Theagenes

Thanks LAL. I guess I'm just having trouble using the search function.

Bill

Theagenes:

Dfoot was a Hollywood stunt coordinator, and started out saying the PGF was real, and argued quite knowledgably from that point of view.

Then he did a 180 and became one of the most passionate "hoax" advocates, and started asking around Hollywood and supposedly was told some "inside" stories of who made the suit, and who was involved. He did experiment with some foam padding to show how a PATTY body shape may be accomplished. He even claimed to have found "the face mask", some silly human monster mask that was suppossedly refurbished into Patty's mask.

Then he sort of dropped out of the scene.

That's as much as I recall.

Bill

PBeaton

Bill, Sounds a lot like someone else...;) Pat...

LAL, I've a new laptop, an your image doesn't show. I've noticed this since got new laptop, any idea what I'm missin' ? Thanks ! Pat...

So should I keep a lookout for my name to go gray in the immediate future? Lol

Guest Theagenes

Thanks for the input guys. So I've been doing some searching and found some of Dfoot's ideas elsewhere (JREF, youtube, a couple of other places) and it seems like the jist is that he work for Vulich (?) and began asking around around about the Chambers rumors. Here's a good summary of those:

http://www.strangemag.com/chambers17.html

It's seems his contention is that is was done by Chambers, Janos Prohaska, and Wah Chang. Though it kind of sounds like he's saying Janos did most of the work and Chambers was only involved in an advisory capacty, but it's hard to get exactly what he's saying as his arguments aren't exactly linear. But according to this theory it was put together with existing parts from costumes used in Star Trek, Lost in Space, and Outer Limits maybe. One thing I thought was interesting is that he posted some pics in the JREF forum showing the interior of some of the masks that these guys used and the leather padded interior is similar to what Bob H. was describing as "like an old time football helmet." Bill, you sound kind of dismissive of his ideas, but since you were just testing this football helmet idea isn't this something that's worth considering? And the Chambers stories have been around a long time---it's not like he's completely out in left field with that.

The mask that he's proposing is the one used for the apeman alien from the Star Trek episode "Galileo 7" which was designed by Wah Chang. It would have had hair added to it and a fur hood. At first glance it doesn't seem like a good match, but if you added hair and blurred it up, maybe. Here's a cap from the youtube clip LAL posted above:

Taurus.jpg

Martin

^^ HardDataLover

I'm not sure you can go gray by starting new threads about kickin a dead horse but sooner or later it may get the natives restless.

Guest LAL

LAL, I've a new laptop, an your image doesn't show. I've noticed this since got new laptop, any idea what I'm missin' ? Thanks ! Pat...

i had that problem with my Kindle Fire until I read a thread in Support where I found out Flash is disabled by default. I went to Settings and fixed that and now it works.

You may just need to install Adobe Flash.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer.html

If that doesn't work I'd check with tech support. It's still under warranty, I presume.

PBeaton

LAL, So if I hit download, I should be good ? Thanks ! Pat...

Sign in to follow this