Sign in to follow this  
Guest Theagenes

Dfoot's Theories On The Pgf As A Hoax

Guest Theagenes

Janos also said it looked very very real and said he doesn't think it was a man in a costume. Janos must be lying through his teeth (according to the theory) hehe.

Yes, isn't it amazing that the only two monster suit guys that defend the film as possibly real (other than Bill) are Janos and Chambers. The two guys that may very well have constructed it. :lol:

Watch this interview with Janos again, this time keeping in mind the possibility that he might have been the guy that made it. I don't know---is he lying?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...bed/Hdx6t0QWc5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit: Embed didn't work. Here's the link:

Edited by Theagenes

adam2323

Its not even close to a match...no comparison at...Its not worth the time looking into

Guest Kerchak

^

Agreed. Waste of time.

No, it's not worth investigating. You'll make the natives restless.

LOL, I crack myself up.

Theagenes, the suits in the YouTube vid were actually pretty good, better than most recreations I've seen, especially at the beginning.

The most interesting line of inquiry would be to seek some validation that Roger worked at Corriganville. Why do people assert that he did? Was he not somewhere else during those years?

Then again, I acknowledge that if he did not work there, there would be no way to prove it since absence of documentation does not prove the negative. So it may be an unending search.

Guest Kerchak

Yes, isn't it amazing that the only two monster suit guys that defend the film as possibly real (other than Bill) are Janos and Chambers. The two guys that may very well have constructed it. :lol:

There is less chance of that than there is of finding Patty still alive today.

If they constructed Patty, then why did they never make movies suits anywhere near as good?

Watch this interview with Janos again, this time keeping in mind the possibility that he might have been the guy that made it. I don't know---is he lying?

No, he seems to me like he's telling the truth. The PGF looked very real to him and if it was a suit then it was the best suit he's ever seen. It's certainly better than anything he or Chambers came up with.

roguefooter

I have serious doubts about the Corriganville story. Corriganville was located in southern California, and in the late 50's Patterson was accounted for in Yakima according to his neighbors, doing the rodeo circuit among other things.

One critical thing I'd like to point out is that Kitakaze stated the 'bombshell suit' had a face made of leather, so it conflicts with the Chang mask theory. Either the 'bombshell suit' is a bust, or the Chang mask theory is incorrect.

Edited by roguefooter

Guest LAL

Indeed it did.

(My bold).

"Mr. Chambers told his story, on video tape, to us to set the record straight. I now have pictures of the suit that Chambers did make and you can rest assured that it is NOT the famous Patterson Bigfoot. In fact, it's not a suit AT ALL. It is an 8 foot tall plaster dummy of actor Richard 'Jaws' Keil that was built (in 4 days) as a prop for a travelling carnival to be billed as 'Bigfoot's Body' or some such sideshow attraction, and was apparently displayed in a coffin. That's all. Just a solid, 800-pound prop.'

Brian's missing comment: "When pressed by Essman during the taped interview, John said, 'I can honestly say, without laughing, that I had nothing to do with that [the Patterson] film.' Then he cracked a slight smile and let out a little chuckle.

'Mr. Chambers did say (in regards to the Patterson footage) that he and his crew wished they had done it, because they would have done it differently. I believe his exact words were, jokingly, 'We could've done better.' "

Missing comment: (can't remember what I said here, but I know there was more.)

So there you have it... We can all smile with relief that the Patterson footage is still the most convincing proof of our great folk legend's existence, and that it still has not been debunked. 'I want that film to be real just as much as the next guy,' Penikas said in conclusion. More missing comments: (I do remember my concluding comment was a little more in-depth than this as I do not usually end a statement with an incomplete thought. I don't remember in detail what I said exactly. Something about how intriguing the whole Patterson film was to me while growing up and how cool it would be if the Patterson creature was indeed real, I think.).

I felt it necessary to at least let the viewers know that my 1997 quotes that have been copied and recopied, pasted and repasted, throughout the internet, were not complete. Whether they were intentionally 'edited' to support specific views, I don't know. I do know that there was more to my original comments than many of the sites are posting.

Thank you for reading.

Brian Penikas

Member: IATSE Make-up & Hairstylists Local 706

Member :S.A.G.

Member: Academy of Television Arts & Sciences

August 18th, 2008"

Your point?

Good but not that good comes from the interview with Bobbie Short.

"As stated in the press at the time, the well-known movie director John Landis claimed that Chambers not only made the Patterson suit but helped make the film. For just as long people have pointed to Landis as the one from whom they heard the story, not Chambers. But Chambers himself said the only Bigfoot he made was the 'Burbank Bigfoot,' a large stone prop intended to imitate a real Bigfootlike creature and used for a carnival tour. Some even speculated that Chambers was involved with constructing the Minnesota Iceman, shown in Midwestern state and stock fairs by Frank Hansen, beginning in 1967. The Burbank Bigfoot, however, appears to be the only 'Bigfoot' Chambers ever created.

http://lorencoleman..../john-chambers/

chamber-Richardkiel.jpg

http://www.bigfooten...bankbigfoot.htm

Guest Theagenes

No, it's not worth investigating. You'll make the natives restless.

LOL, I crack myself up.

Theagenes, the suits in the YouTube vid were actually pretty good, better than most recreations I've seen, especially at the beginning.

The most interesting line of inquiry would be to seek some validation that Roger worked at Corriganville. Why do people assert that he did? Was he not somewhere else during those years?

Then again, I acknowledge that if he did not work there, there would be no way to prove it since absence of documentation does not prove the negative. So it may be an unending search.

I think the RP in Corriganville thing may be a red herring. Maybe some people are mixing it up with Jerry Merritt's Wild West town?

Dfoot was basically just following up on those old Hollywood rumors. Being in the industry and working for Vulich he was able to gather stories from people that were around then and worked with Chambers and the the others. He spoke with Prohaska's wife and others. That got him to start looking at the types of masks and suits these guys were making at the time. When you start finding a number of similarities between Patty and their suits, then it ceases to become just rumors and you have the makings of a hypothesis that can be tested. From what I understand, Dfoot was in the process of building a Patty suit using the materials and methods of the Project Unlimited guys but gave up halfway through; either due to lack of funds and personal reasons or due to being driven off by the noble Patty defenders of the BFF depending on who you ask.

It's intersting that Vulich in that Strange Magazine article i linked above, said that he thought that Patty's body was a Janos suit used in a specific episode of Lost in Space. I wonder if anyone has tried to track down that episode?

Edited by Theagenes

Like when you say its definitely a man in a suit, you mean? Like that?

I admit I am as guilty as the next man of making definitive statements on the film.

On another note, I would say one of my biggest problems with patty is how she moves in comparison to how bigfoots supposedly move. Earlier Kerchak you said she moved fast enough to lose P&G, but if it's a hoax that is the only option for them otherwise they would have to have more video or a body, making it much harder to keep the hoax alive. However, watching patty move, I would bet my life that I personally could stay step for step with her indefinitely. Just looking at the figure on camera she is not built to be fast or agile, and she's willing to be out in the open like that? If that is the animal everyone is looking for there would be thousands of quality videos, plenty of specimens, and common place to have "class A" encounters. IMO it is hard for someone to believe the PGF is real and believe in BF because that is not the mythical wood ninja I here described on a consistant basis.

Guest LAL

Apparently she ran later. The stride was 10', IIRC.

If Roger had gotten closer and she'd completed that turn he might have been the one running - the other way.

I am, of course, assuming Patty was real.

Martin

Vulich recalls:

I was watching a Lost in Spaceepisode and as a makeup artist, it looked like the [Patterson] suit with a different head. There is one scene where you see it from behind. Just from seeing it it looked like the exact same suit to me. If the suit in that episode is not the same suit, then it is done in a similar style and probably by the same person. There is something about the shape of it, the bulkiness of it, that I think is really similar. For me this is just all speculation-I have no hard evidence. But as a makeup artist, in my eyes, it looks like the same suit and I knew that [Lost in Space and the Patterson film] were around the same time.

Lost in Space "The Space Croppers"

The suit does have a similar butt crack and spine.

plus

I think the robot is a habituator.

Edited by Martin

Guest LAL

^Great find.

Definitely a Patty, especially the defined musculature in the legs. [/sarcasm]

Guest John

Your point?

Good but not that good comes from the interview with Bobbie Short.

Well apparently you have assumed (incorrectly) what you think my point was. Had I wished to draw particular attention to the above comment then I would have done so.

You posted 'the topic came up at a party for him as well.' I had a link for what I believed you were referring to so I posted it without comment for others to read. That was my point. Perhaps you would have preferred me not to have posted it for some reason?

ETA - Some posters may not be aware that Brian Penikas has posted on this forum and made a POSITIVE comment about a certain aspect of the PGF. I don't have access to the link or I'd give it. I'm quite happy to consider both sides of a story and let both sides be seen by all. Hiding or misrepresenting stuff is a great way to fool yourself.

Edited by John

Guest Theagenes

Theogenes- good catch on the teeth. The overall features are similar but I just don't see the match, especially that pancake nose.

Where did you see the mold being sold?

RF, I missed this earlier. The Mask sold in a Profiles in History SF memorabilia auction in 2003. Here's the link. No pic unfortunately.

http://startrekpropcollector.com/trekauctions/item.pl?i=P014-0133

Apparently she ran later. The stride was 10', IIRC.

According to RP himself in the Argosy article her stride was 40-42" at first and then 65" "when she really got going." So your figure of 10' is nearly twice what RP said. Do you have a source for a 10' stride?

BTW, even the footprint left by the Taurean alien matches Patty's. That clinches it!

Startrekprint_zps7ac0eff8.jpg

Sign in to follow this