Sign in to follow this  
Guest Theagenes

Dfoot's Theories On The Pgf As A Hoax

Wheellug

It's good to review theories. As new people join up and are unaware. Like a help desk, when long term people leave and new hires come in. They've got to get the knowledge someplace.

• Upvote 1

Guest LAL

According to RP himself in the Argosy article her stride was 40-42" at first and then 65" "when she really got going." So your figure of 10' is nearly twice what RP said. Do you have a source for a 10' stride?

I'm probably thinking of one of the track events where the prints went downhill over the side. It may have been OM/BCM but I'll have to check.

Thanks for checking that out and for the correction. It's been a long time since I read the Argosy article but I knew the stride had lengthened.

(Robot voice:) Warning Warning. Discussion of bad TV program ahead. Whew, that cheesy TV show is terrible. And the creature suit is equally terrible. Especially the face. Neither scary nor believable.

But there is something to make-up artist Vulich's impression. It does resemble the Patty suit. Very closely, in fact. When coupled to the bad head mask, the overall impression is that it is far to inferior to be Patty's suit. That was my initial thought. But once you begin looking at the body and omit the head, there's something there.

1) The head's fur doesn't quite match the body fur. It looks like two mismatched pieces.

2) While the actor is hunched over most of the time, when upright it is sufficiently tall.

3) The suit is limp on the actor, but the actor is not thin and clearly the suit has room for padding.

4) If properly padded, it would have the bulk of Patty.

5) The suit does have the butt and back creases of Patty. <<< Interesting

6) The arms are very very long. If the actor walked upright, they would match Patty's arms. << Very Interesting

Head mismatch

post-22065-0-38545900-1359059825_thumb.j

Back crease

post-22065-0-81887300-1359059834_thumb.j

Butt definition

post-22065-0-70192700-1359059841_thumb.j

Upright shows full man height of suit, actually taller as they showed a very tall actor who was the "regular man" version of this werewolf.

post-22065-0-16794000-1359059849_thumb.j

Guest Tontar

Janos also said it looked very very real and said he doesn't think it was a man in a costume. Janos must be lying through his teeth (according to the theory) hehe.

I don't understand why such moral standards are being leveled on the guys that might have likely been involved in the PGF hoax. I see it again and again, ideas such as if Janos was involved in making the suit, and then gave the famous interview saying he didn't thin it was a suit, if it was a suit it was the best he ever saw, or Gimlin maintaining the story all these years, and on and on. All this holier than thou attitude that puts such a subjectively high level on other people's integrity. If Janos made the suit, and went along with the hoax, and added his twi cents to the mix to keep it going, who cares, who doe sit hurt. Why would he have to be "lying through his teeth" when he's joining his buds with some harmless fun? People throughout time have participated in story, theater, song, comedy, which suspends reality, creates illusions, makes people think one thing when another is actually true. Magic is an illusion, is it also a lie? Are movies lies? This kind of stuff is such old news, it's been around forever, for as long as we have history. Those guys who perpetrated the PGF hoax do not have to be characterized as liars and cheats. It's just that sort of attitude that apparently is making DeAtley afraid to share his collectable treasure.

It only sounds suspicious if you reject or question the idea of sasquatch. If you don't then it makes perfect sense. One female sasquatch SHOULD resemble another female sasquatch.

Anyone who has an objective, rational mind should question the idea of sasquatch, that is if they are in the least interested in it. I can't see how in this day and age, with the existing data and evidence, that anyone could have gone beyond questioning into complete unquestioning belief. That is, unless they have actually seen one face to face. But for people that have not, I just don't see believing without substantiated, scientific, qualified proof. And we don't have that yet.

Patty is an interpretation of what a female sasquatch should look like. With compromises to make it workable on a human frame (such as shortened arms, shortened overall height, and so on).

Its not even close to a match...no comparison at...Its not worth the time looking into

Theagenes, you are starting to ask hard questions and pose ideas that will unsettle the base. Expect rejection and utter denial.

xspider1

Theagenes, you are starting to ask hard questions and pose ideas that will unsettle the base. Expect rejection and utter denial.

Bigfoot eye-witnesses, proponents, Scientists considering the evidence, etc. etc., you are starting to ask hard questions and pose ideas that will unsettle the base. Expect rejection and utter denial. : B

• Upvote 2

Guest thermalman

^^@ HDL..........apples and oranges. NOT even close.

I was suggesting that I could not exclude the possibility that some creature guy that Roger knew from his cowboy rodeo days had access to this suit used in the filming of Lost In Space for a 1966 episode, and that Roger then modified the hands and swapped the head for the PGF. The fur luster appears similar and the suit size supports a 6'+ man wearing padding.

Drew

As a person skeptical of their being a Giant Unclassified Hairy Bipedal Monster of immense proportions running around the continent, I will say that I have researched the Corriganville connection, contacted historians, and people who have the employee records of the ranch. I have not found any response saying that there are records of Roger, Bob, Wah Chang, Jerry Merrit ever working at Corriganville. Nor are there any records that Project Unlimited ever work for Corriganville. Buck Maffei DID work at Corriganville according to records.

This was my main question of Dfoot when he was making these claims, Could he provide any evidence supporting his theory? No. His only evidence was that Roger ended up building the wild west town in Yakima. The records do not mean that these people didn't go there to hang out with friends and talk shop, but they do tell me that there is no record of them working there. I feel this is a dead-end with regards to trying to support these claims.

Drew, I accept your findings and will consider the Corriganville inquiry closed unless some new evidence surfaces.

However, the LIS suit is a better match for Patty's body than most I've seen, in that the fur is supple and not the brown stringy yarn style that Janos is wearing in his interview, nor does the suit have the non-furred chestplate that typify gorilla suits. Yet it does have a back line and butt definition, is of adequate height, has VERY long arms, and lots of room for padding. It would appear a suit of this type could be modified into a Patty body, breasts aside, fairly readily.

FURRY CHEST

post-22065-0-79634600-1359504807_thumb.j

LONG ARMS

post-22065-0-54812800-1359504835_thumb.j

norseman

As a person skeptical of their being a Giant Unclassified Hairy Bipedal Monster of immense proportions running around the continent, I will say that I have researched the Corriganville connection, contacted historians, and people who have the employee records of the ranch. I have not found any response saying that there are records of Roger, Bob, Wah Chang, Jerry Merrit ever working at Corriganville. Nor are there any records that Project Unlimited ever work for Corriganville. Buck Maffei DID work at Corriganville according to records.

This was my main question of Dfoot when he was making these claims, Could he provide any evidence supporting his theory? No. His only evidence was that Roger ended up building the wild west town in Yakima. The records do not mean that these people didn't go there to hang out with friends and talk shop, but they do tell me that there is no record of them working there. I feel this is a dead-end with regards to trying to support these claims.

I will say that I find this story much more compelling that the PGF is a hoax than the Bob H. camp story.

I always said that there was no way three cowboys perpetrated this hoax without serious help.

IF they had contacts with Hollywood make up artists AND had a professional costume guy that was freakin 7'1" tall?

Yah, OK you have my attention.......

Guest Tontar

^ I thought that you said you weren't bonded to the theory that Patty was over 7' tall.

norseman

^ I thought that you said you weren't bonded to the theory that Patty was over 7' tall.

I said that I felt Patty was roughly the same height as McClarin, but with the compliant gait (bent over) if both were stretched out on a table horizontally Patty would be taller.

The bottom line is is that I find Big Buck in that suit being much more compelling than Bob H.

It would also explain the much greater bulk that I see in the film.

http://www.movieloca...an/mcelroy4.htm

Big Buck Maffei and Me

Taken in 1961, I was home on leave from the Army (note the short hair!).

Buck was a friend and a real gentleman.

You might want to note that Buck's gunbelt held a full box of 45 Colt shells across his back!!

(That's 50 rounds!!)

Edited by norseman

xspider1

4) If properly padded, it would have the bulk of Patty.

Picture 16.jpg

It would take more than padding to make that suit comparable to Patty, in fact, it would take a miracle.

Edited by xspider1

Guest Theagenes

I said that I felt Patty was roughly the same height as McClarin, but with the compliant gait (bent over) if both were stretched out on a table horizontally Patty would be taller.

The bottom line is is that I find Big Buck in that suit being much more compelling than Bob H.

It would also explain the much greater bulk that I see in the film.

http://www.movieloca...an/mcelroy4.htm

Big Buck Maffei and Me

Taken in 1961, I was home on leave from the Army (note the short hair!).

Buck was a friend and a real gentleman.

You might want to note that Buck's gunbelt held a full box of 45 Colt shells across his back!!

(That's 50 rounds!!)

It's certainly an intriguing idea. Consider it from this perspective. If you're Roger Patterson and you're thinking about making a BF movie (either or hoax or the originally intended docu-drama), and you know Buck or even have a mutual aquaintance or two, wouldn't he be one of the first people you would think about for the role? Or if you went through Janos and co. for your suit, wouldn't his name come up as a suggestion? Seems like he would at least be a person of interest in this whole mystery.

Edited by Theagenes

Good info, thx Drew.

Sign in to follow this