Suit Possibly Key To Final Hoax Proof

masterbarber

Edit above: Meant to say DeAtley is Patrica's brother-in-law.

Al DeAtley is Patricia Patterson's Brother. You had it right.

Guest Theagenes

Okay, I thought I read another post that said that DeAtley's wife was RP's sister.

So if Patricia is DeAtley's sister, then I would think it would be even less likely that he would want to screw her over.

Bill

My information is that Al DeAtley is married to Roger Patterson's sister Iva,

Guest Theagenes

Okay, now I am confused.

masterbarber

Bill I think you and Tg are correct, I believe I'm mistaken.

Guest Theagenes

In any case I can see why it would be a huge problem if DeAtley doesn't want it revealed that he has the suit.

A couple of weeks ago I read through the entire Kit Patty Suit thread, I remember him saying that he saw a pic of the suit, but I don't remember him actually saying that he had a pic. Is it possible that he just saw the image on DeAtley's relative's laptop or cell phone?

Theagenes, you are right about needing to preserve this icon of pop culture, immediately. From the cable installer + Kit's description, we can assume it's been dirt protected but not humidity controlled. To my mind, this object is a national treasure and needs TLC from a conservation expert, now. I feel as strongly about it as when I read the painting "The Scream" was stolen. Yes, it's the property of one individual, but it truly belongs to us all. Part of my intent with this post was to try to surface the ways we can lessen the negatives for DeAtley and Patricia. I don't think the suit's condition allows us to wait until all impacted parties are deceased. And I wouldn't want to wish them so. Perhaps a one-time purchase of Patricia's rights accompanied by the purchase of the suit (conditioned on authentication) by a neutral trust set up to transfer the suit to qualified restorer under the guardianship of the Smithsonian or an equivalent museum.

Dewd, I'm sorry, I didnt understand your post.

Rock, agreed. Your logic is sound. Its just that my caring whether PGF is real is based on wanting to know if bigfoot is real. I don't think Moneymaker and Bobo are going to provide proof. I believe it rests with Munns and DeAtley and the PGF. If a real one is found, then I won't be as concerned as to the legitimacy of the PGF.

Bill, ever the gentleman, it's a pleasure working through these threads with you.

I would like to forward the theory that one thread - the original one - was one to many on the topic of this suit.

Guest Theagenes

That makes sense to move this conversation to the original thread once it runs it course.

Maybe we need one official "hoax" thread where people who are open to the possibility of the PGF being a hoax can discuss it without getting proponents bent out of shape and without constant derails and OT posts.

roguefooter

Theagenes, you are right about needing to preserve this icon of pop culture, immediately. From the cable installer + Kit's description, we can assume it's been dirt protected but not humidity controlled.

If the cable guy story is directly attached to this suit then there is one small red flag I see. His story was that the suit was in a room full of replica cryptids- like the Fiji Mermaid, etc. There are people that professionally replicate famous pieces like these, and this suit owner apparently had done dealings with a replicator.

salubrious

^^ makes sense as the cable guy said that it was pretty tall. Taller than BH would have been if he had been the one in the PGF. Which he isn't.

This is my take on the whole thing. Patterson tried to make a second movie with BH using a suit. Who knows the reason. Anyway (like everyone else who has tried to do the same thing, with larger budgets to boot) the attempt failed miserably and the film never saw the light of day. Only the PGF, which is a different film.

Result: BH thinks he was in the film. And thus provides the basis of the hoaxing theory. Of course, **any** good footage or photos are suspect of hoaxing due to the very nature of BF...

Problem is, people and organizations with a lot more planning and funds behind them weren't/aren't able to duplicate Patty in over 45 years of trying. That simple fact is the most telling. Its sort of the elephant in the room.

roguefooter

On the suit itself, Kit says it is mostly fake fur, in three pieces: head, torso, legs. The hands and feet are dried and cracked and in bad shape. Kit says this is because they are made of hide, but that sounds more like deteriorating latex. Was Kit just assuming hide because of Bob H.'s story?

I asked Kit this exact question regarding the leather parts and he stated it was not speculation.

http://bigfootforums...210#entry579320

Edited by roguefooter

Rogue, I remember reading the cable guy account and recall there being the encased suit along with a lifesized blowup pic of Patty in the person's home office. I dont recall the other creatures. Can you link?

If I saw a series of creature replicas, in Munns' home, for example, I would think "effects guy". I didn't get that impression.

Guest Primate

The trouble I have with the "cable guy" account is that I heard a similer story regarding a stuffed Bigfoot in somebodies living room and Kit "the DJ" likes to recycle other peoples accounts from the skeptical angle ..

• Upvote 1