Sign in to follow this  

A Bigfoot Movie

There have been a bunch of Bigfoot themed movies made throughout the years, most of them horrible. Just to clarify, when I say "movie" I mean cinema style, not documentary.

My questions to you are:

1. Which existing movie is your favourite?
  2. Which of the many famous Bigfoot reports do you think would make a good movie?
  3. What changes to a known story would you make to make it more entertaining?
  4. Would you create your own unique story? If so, describe the Plot.

My own answers:

1. My fav is "Harry and the Hendersons". I think its the only movie I'm aware of where Bigfoot isn't a blood thirsty monster.
  2. I think the "Cowman" story would make a good movie. I would also like to see Albert Ostman's story turned into a movie.
  3. Maybe I'd change the Ostman story by putting a modern twist on a Les Stroud style survivor show, and have the Ostman/Stroud character do the filming, with the same quality or better that Les Stroud produces for his actual shows, and as far away from the Blair Witch as I could get.
  4. I'm not creative enough to come up with my own story line.

p.s. Maybe this doesn't belong in this topic thread, so if the big bosses want to move it, feel free...

Edited by Mounty

TedSallis

Honestly, I'd be MUCH more interested in a film that took several, say four, people who have had close and intense sighting experiences and just interviewing them about the incidents, how it's affected their lives since, etc. I love that type of thing, and such an approach would really humanize and ground the experiences for a wider audience (even skeptics), I think.

I don't even know if I'd do the 're creation' scenes...I think just putting the camera in front of the witnesses and asking them cogent and interesting questions would be powerful and real enough.

Guest Cowlitz2

For me movies are for entertainment and it is very difficult to find a "reality" production that is even close to being reality. So we are back to places like BFF to share experiences, pictures, amateur squatch blob photos, etc; and here we endure the skeptics who rain on the parade, some of which is appropriate. Just my opinion...GT

Edited by Cowlitz2

Martin

The old movies from the 60's and 70's still define sasquatch today.

Last year I watched most of the classics and was startled that the research has not advance since.

Sasquatch; The Legend of Bigfoot

Legend of Boggy Creek

The Legend of Bigfoot (Ivan Marx)

These are my favorites and most can be watched on youtube on your TV with the right adapter.

They are all campy but these movies started it all IMHO.

If/when the Sasquatch is proven to exist to everyone the movie rights to the Albert Ostman story will go through the roof. In the right hands that would be a heckuva film, and that's without embellishing it.

dmaker

I'd love to see Letters From the Bigman , not sure when it will be available on dvd though...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1783331/

Update: it's actually available now for purchase. Cool, just ordered one :)

Edited by dmaker

Redbone
SSR Team

My questions to you are:

2. Which of the many famous Bigfoot reports do you think would make a good movie?
  4. Would you create your own unique story? If so, describe the Plot.

1- Concur on Harry and the Hendersons is my favorite but I want to see Letters from the Big Man.

2- Impossible Visits and/or other Bigfoot habituation stories

3- Try to show the playful interactions from the Bigfoot point of view as well as the human's.

4- Bigfoot as a hero and not so much as a monster. Set in the old west, a human child is orphaned (could be Native American) in the wild when it's family is attacked by unscrupulous humans (many directions to choose from here). A Sasquatch family find and cares for the human child. A Bigfoot version of Tarzan I guess.

There's a relatively new book out called Eve, author J.M. Bailey (available on Amazon/Kindle). It's a great book - quick read. About a woman who gets stranded on a mountain pass and has an encounter with a female sasquatch (though the word bigfoot, sasquatch or any mention of feet is absent in the book, save one reference toward the end) and ends up in a 4 day sustained encounter. The author gives a fascinating view into their world. I think this would be a really, really good movie. There needs to be more made of what they are, what they do.............rather than just a monstrous abomination or cute and campy. Letters From the Big Man was a good flick but a little too paranormal in its base for me.

Boris Khan

4. Would you create your own unique story? If so, describe the Plot

1. Harry and the Hendersons, but I really like the mockumentary Scream of the Sasquatch

2. Albert Ostman

3. I'd take the Ape Canyon affair also but drop all the mystery lights he talks about later.

4. John Boston's book Naked Came the Sasquatch would be a great movie (in the 90s I would have used Bruce Campbell as the star, now I would look towards Luke Wilson), or Jay Kumar's Dark Woods.

Im Not sure wHich is my fav but syfyï½€s recent attempt was just horrible. They made bf like as tall as a building.

TD-40

We've seen movies about ghosts, zombies, and other things, but I am surprised that nobody in Hollywood has made a scary movie about bigfoot. Seems like it would have potential to be a blockbuster if they did it right.

xspider1

Good topic, Mounty. I've seen a lot of bigfoot movies but, none of them were great. I guess Boggy Creek comes the closest. I agree that the time for a great Bigfoot movie is way past due! It just seems practically impossible to make a convincing BF costume and that seems to confirm what the witnesses are saying.

post-131-0-54041300-1359610078_thumb.jpg

My own answers:

1. My fav is "Harry and the Hendersons". I think its the only movie I'm aware of where Bigfoot isn't a blood thirsty monster.
  2. I think the "Cowman" story would make a good movie. I would also like to see Albert Ostman's story turned into a movie.
  3. Maybe I'd change the Ostman story by putting a modern twist on a Les Stroud style survivor show, and have the Ostman/Stroud character do the filming, with the same quality or better that Les Stroud produces for his actual shows, and as far away from the Blair Witch as I could get.
  4. I'm not creative enough to come up with my own story line.

We've seen movies about ghosts, zombies, and other things, but I am surprised that nobody in Hollywood has made a scary movie about bigfoot. Seems like it would have potential to be a blockbuster if they did it right.

Well, speaking of "Blair Witch"... and "Horror" type movies.... (and Bigfoot ! )

It just so happens that director Eduardo Sanchez (yes of Blair Witch fame), has just completed shooting on the first of a trilogy of Bigfoot themed movies......

The first will be titled "EXISTS"... and I'm guessing should be out sometime this year, as it shows in "post production" on IMDB...

You can read more about it here...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118039144/

and here:

http://www.movies.co...ists-movie/3440

OntarioSquatch

The Blair Witch Project was excellent. I'm willing to watch Exists if it gets decent reviews!

TD-40

I want Ridley Scott to do a bigfoot movie.