" Science Says Bf Does Not Exist..." So What?

The science community as a whole has never agreed that Bigfoot does not exist! Good scientists don't make baseless conclusions.

Science does not attempt to prove negatives. It can't be done. It can only demonstate if a claim is supported by scientific evidence or not. Stating that BF is not supported by scientific evidence is not equivalent of saying BF does not exist...it can NEVER make that claim.

I saw something I think was Bigfoot. I detailed it on this site , in the chatroom, one evening. I really do think that I saw up close a bigfoot.

But I disagree with you Mulder. You are a bombast, and quite reactionary, and you refuse all reason. I know that there is little, if any, evidence - and think for a minute what evidence is. It is not hearsay, bluster appeals to majority sighting or apparent witness insistence.

I had, (or still have personally), a very beautiful sister, who became convinced in the late 1990's that she was being viictimised by a group of celebrities - (they ranged from Bob monkhouse, (an old Brit. comedian), to Regan and Jodie Foster), - she managed to convince two of her close friends - both of them teachers - (with degrees and time, respectively in British and American university's), to the extent that they supported her subsequent wilful destruction of her career, marriage and eventual suicide.

She was , of course, mentally ill.

She did however manage a career in education, and at prestigious schools - and she was a teetotaller. She was in her early forties when she died, with two children and a very caring husband.

People see things that are not there - I know this. You know it too, folks are fallible, they misinterpret things, (look at UFO's), and mental illness is quite common.

Am I calling all BF proponents delusional - of course not, but I do accept that my own sighting could have been erroneous on my part.

In solidarity, P.L.

Guest thermalman

They look for black holes in space and life on other planets, and can't find anything. Its all theory and trying to prove a negative. So is that a waste of funding, or what?

There are a lot of things that science says doesn't exist that I believe in....

Same here Angie.

Edited by thermalman

Guest thermalman

I personally don't think so. But at the same time, they should just as opened minded about the existence of BF. it's the same scenario.

I saw something I think was Bigfoot. I detailed it on this site , in the chatroom, one evening. I really do think that I saw up close a bigfoot.

But I disagree with you Mulder. You are a bombast, and quite reactionary, and you refuse all reason. I know that there is little, if any, evidence - and think for a minute what evidence is. It is not hearsay, bluster appeals to majority sighting or apparent witness insistence.

I had, (or still have personally), a very beautiful sister, who became convinced in the late 1990's that she was being viictimised by a group of celebrities - (they ranged from Bob monkhouse, (an old Brit. comedian), to Regan and Jodie Foster), - she managed to convince two of her close friends - both of them teachers - (with degrees and time, respectively in British and American university's), to the extent that they supported her subsequent wilful destruction of her career, marriage and eventual suicide.

She was , of course, mentally ill.

She did however manage a career in education, and at prestigious schools - and she was a teetotaller. She was in her early forties when she died, with two children and a very caring husband.

People see things that are not there - I know this. You know it too, folks are fallible, they misinterpret things, (look at UFO's), and mental illness is quite common.

Am I calling all BF proponents delusional - of course not, but I do accept that my own sighting could have been erroneous on my part.

In solidarity, P.L.

Great post Paddyslad!

BTW>>>

My Westy Dog is named Paddy! We got him in the US as a puppy from a couple who's male owner was from Ireland and named him. They were soon returning there, but couldn't take 5mo old Paddy..so I got him! He's 10 now.

Edited by ronn1

So what?

Well, does anyone here think that a species cohabitating with 300 million humans is better off as a myth?

I personally don't think so. But at the same time, they should just as opened minded about the existence of BF. it's the same scenario.

I don't think you can compare a *Black Hole* with BF as far as science goes. There is scientific evidence that at the center of a majority (if not all) galaxies is phenomenon that exhibits certain known characteristics and we have termed it a *Black Hole*..it's a construct so to speak. We KNOW the phenomenon is there, it's just that we can't explain it in totality, ie, we're still gathering data on it. This *object* has a massive gravitational effect that *appears* to capture all light..thus the *Black Hole* moniker. Science has NO evidence (that qualifies as such) of a BF.

Edited by ronn1

Not the same, black holes are shown to exist using mathematics.

So what?

Well, does anyone here think that a species cohabitating with 300 million humans is better off as a myth?

Of course, you're assuming it exits.

Guest thermalman

I don't think you can compare a *Black Hole* with BF as far as science goes. There is scientific evidence that at the center of a majority (if not all) galaxies is phenomenon that exhibits certain known characteristics and we have termed it a *Black Hole*..it's a construct so to speak. We KNOW the phenomenon is there, it's just that we can't explain it in totality, ie, we're still gathering data on it. This *object* has a massive gravitational effect that *appears* to capture all light..thus the *Black Hole* moniker. Science has NO evidence (that qualifies as such) of a BF.

Hogwash

Not the same, black holes are shown to exist using mathematics.

Hogwash x 2