" Science Says Bf Does Not Exist..." So What?

BFF Patron

..... It's nothing more than a delusion of society and a futherance of biased belief by an unstable segment of that society.

Pot meet kettle!

• Upvote 3

Science is not an entity. It is a method of finding truth. Truth. While truth may not fit your narrative, you cannot accept any thing but truth, because it is what it is.

Feelings do not count as evidence.

Eyewitness accounts don't matter.

The supposed hairs don't matter.

Solid, irrefutable evidence is what matters. Bottom line.

Sorry it doesn't fit your narrative. It is just the truth.

Eye witness accounts and hairs count...they are simply *conditional* evidence awaiting further confirmation (like DNA for example).

Quote PaddysLad, "folks are fallible, they misinterpret things, (look at UFO's),

and mental illness is quite common."

I don't know anything about them, but I quite like UFOs, whatever they may be.

But then, I am mental.

Now if a Crazy Person sees Bigfoot and reports it, does that contribute to the

the negative Bigfoot perception?

Are there old threads in here about "How can you tell if a Footer is crazy?"

I don't know if there are any threads about how to detect 'crazy' footers, but I bet if you research for 'creekfreak', it might be a little enlightening. Or perhaps 'Enoch', or even 'Longtabber PE', he was a proper lunatic.

And for what it is worth - of the above 'creekfreak' was far more credible than the fantasy 'special forces and 9-11 investigator', Longtabber PE.

Edited by PaddysLad

I saw something I think was Bigfoot. I detailed it on this site , in the chatroom, one evening. I really do think that I saw up close a bigfoot.

But I disagree with you Mulder. You are a bombast, and quite reactionary, and you refuse all reason. I know that there is little, if any, evidence - and think for a minute what evidence is. It is not hearsay, bluster appeals to majority sighting or apparent witness insistence.

I had, (or still have personally), a very beautiful sister, who became convinced in the late 1990's that she was being viictimised by a group of celebrities - (they ranged from Bob monkhouse, (an old Brit. comedian), to Regan and Jodie Foster), - she managed to convince two of her close friends - both of them teachers - (with degrees and time, respectively in British and American university's), to the extent that they supported her subsequent wilful destruction of her career, marriage and eventual suicide.

She was , of course, mentally ill.

She did however manage a career in education, and at prestigious schools - and she was a teetotaller. She was in her early forties when she died, with two children and a very caring husband.

People see things that are not there - I know this. You know it too, folks are fallible, they misinterpret things, (look at UFO's), and mental illness is quite common.

Am I calling all BF proponents delusional - of course not, but I do accept that my own sighting could have been erroneous on my part.

In solidarity, P.L.

This is a good post, I like that your open minded and not entrenched to the death.

But I will say there is an opposite spectrum of the human experience........there are people out there that are paid as professionals to observe and report what they see. The military is one such place where you will find people such as this, also intelligence agencies and so on........

Usama Bin Laden was killed in a SEAL raid with intelligence that required humans making observations.........very detailed observations, that convinced the US President to pull the trigger on the mission.

I would highly suggest that people go watch ZERO DARK THIRTY:

http://www.zerodarkthirty-movie.com/

What boggles the mind is that this garbage was living *in plain sight*..protected by the locals...for over 5 years. BTW...the operation was not without some close calls (chopper crashed) and could have *gone south* in the blink of an eye. Cudos to the team and the balsy call to pull the trigger on this vermin. OK..now back to BF...

PaddysLad, great and poignant post. I agree with everything you say, especially the fact that you,and I believe, most or many Bigfoot witnesses are credible and in no way deluitional. I work in an industry where I see people daily who are having delutions, mostly because they are not compliant with their prescription regiment. Many of these patients don't want the medicine,either because it makes them feel bad or it is part of the delution/conspiracy. It has always been scary but interesting how many of these delutions are very similar from one person to another. Many claim to be govermnent spys or think the goverment is out to get them. Many claim to be either Jesus ot Satan, (not meant to be religous, just making a point.) No one here seems to fit this profile, but it does make one wonder.

I personally believe there is something to the alien abduction phenomena, but also believe many are dreaming or delutional or overly open to suggestion. I think this might be responsible for some of the bigfoot encounters. Again, this is sensitive, and don't mean to offend, but we must examine all options in the abscence of conclusive evidence.

It was the idea that people would think I was 'dreaming or delusional or overly open to suggestion' or the like which is why I kept my yap shut for so long about my sighting. Heck, even on a BF site I get accused of that, if I was drinking, doing drugs (or off my meds... which is ironic to me, sort of damned if you do, damed if you don't do drugs :) ), fatigued, etc. etc. when it was none of those things.

But I was my own worst critic when it was happening. My mind refused to believe what my eyes were telling me, but at the same time I knew if I didn't put the brakes I was going to run into something very large and that would not be good for the truck. When I came to a stop I was only a few feet from a rather large BF, and I had to sit there and study if for a while to realize that my eyes were indeed telling me the truth. At the time there were no drugs, lack of sleep, alcohol, mental instability or really anything I could blame what I was seeing on, there was simply a very large, very hairy bipedal creature sitting there and there was nothing that was going to change that.

I'm pretty sure that I can speak for anyone who has had an encounter in saying this. Once having the encounter, you know they are out there and that's that. And there is nothing you can say to convince someone about your encounter unless they know you really well and maybe not even then.

Pot meet kettle!

My internet went out the other night as I was about to respond to his now deleted post. It's probably for the best...

Your reponse is a little more tactful than what I was planning.

I plussed your post as well!

The majority of scientific community has agreed there is no basis for the existence of Bigfoot. Just look at the number of scientists not looking into it.

Good scientist looks at the lack of supporting evidence and deems their time and resources are better spent else where.

Bigfoot isn't real. A survey of the available evidence over the pasted 50 plus years supports the conclusion. It's nothing more than a delusion of society and a futherance of biased belief by an unstable segment of that society.

I happen to disagree. I happen to know quite a bit about the subject, and have seen them twice, up close, in daylight.

I have also learned a bit about their behavior.

You want to know that they are in the area? Do wood knocks. You want to find them? Then don't do wood knocks. They cant even know you are there. Once they know you are in the area, you might see one on thermal, but you will never get close.

Edited by PsyShroom

Guest thermalman

Agreed. Of course nothing happens in their lives. A lot of these skeptic, scoftic experts need to pry themselves out from behind their computers and go for a little nature hike. Anyone can sit in their chair and make claims about what does and doesn't exist, or how to this and that. It's like.......whatever!

Edited by thermalman

I happen to disagree. I happen to know quite a bit about the subject, and have seen them twice, up close, in daylight.

I have also learned a bit about their behavior.

You want to know that they are in the area? Do wood knocks. You want to find them? Then don't do wood knocks. They cant even know you are there. Once they know you are in the area, you might see one on thermal, but you will never get close.

Exactly and plussed. Nor do you whoop and holler, throw rave parties or haul a baboon out there.