Sign in to follow this  

Patty Suit Actually Glued Fur?

Has anyone ever looked into the possibility that (if it were a hoax) that someone took hours to painstakenly glue fur onto a subject for the film. There may not have been a suit capable at that time, but glue-on fur had been around for some time (The Wolfman came out in 1941).

adam2323

Go back ant read all the threads in the PGF section this has been discussed thoroughly by bill as towhy it could be glued on fur

Bill

to summarize, hand laying hair directly on a subject takes about an hour to do a full beard on a man. Figure how much skin area that is, in one hour, and you get some idea how long a full body will take.

It can be done faster and sloppier on a rubber surface (like a latex mask) but that means you need a full rubber body suit first.

There's a few other alternatives, but any of them is a day long job, or longer.

Bill

xspider1

I certainly don't know exactly how long that would take but, judging by the realism of Patty's hair/fur, my guess would be that Roger and Bob G. (plus somebody else who actually knew how to do that) could have knocked out something about 1/1,000,000 as good in a month or so. Getting the right size and shape, academy award worthy Bigfoot actor, to sit still for that long would have been difficult and perhaps even a 'deal breaker'. : B

Thanks for clearing that up. I knew Bill would know. I just didn't have time to go back and read. A friend of mine from work asked me that question since he knew I was on this site.

adam2323

Go back ant read all the threads in the PGF section this has been discussed thoroughly by bill as towhy it could be glued on fur

Typo sorry i meant could NOT be done

THX Bill

roguefooter

Roger used glue made from a dead red horse.

• Upvote 1

Backdoc

So funny that we are left to come up with reasons to explain how a hoax was done.  While I like your idea or suggestion, it seems the Skeptics have the burden to explain how it was done if They are the ones contending the film was a hoax.  Roger and Bob submitted the film.  The next move belongs to the skeptics.  Don't just tell us how it might be done prove it could BE done.

Backdoc

Squatchy McSquatch

Yes, it's possible the Patty suit was laid fur. It would have taken time but it is entirely possible. There's no way of determining how long Roger was preparing a hypothetical suit resembling a hypothetical creature.

I've also heard by the wayside that Bob Titmus' taxidermy skills may or may not have played a part in the sheen of the creature.

Not sayin' a skinned red horse,

Just sayin'

Bill

If you glue hair to the human skin, you use spirit gum (back then) and it would take a good 12-24 hours of continuous work to do a full body, if you could find a person with body proportions of Patty.

If you glue hair to a costume structure, you need a non-pourus outer surface (like some type of rubber "skin") because you can't glue hair well to either foam padding or fabric. The glue used is going to really stiffen up that surface, and that stiffness will result in some really weird and non-anatomical buckling and folding of that surface as the subject moves. You're talking about a relatively high level of skill to get even a low level of quality, which is why it's so rarely done.

Bill

PBeaton

Yes, it's possible the Patty suit was laid fur. It would have taken time but it is entirely possible. There's no way of determining how long Roger was preparing a hypothetical suit resembling a hypothetical creature.

I've also heard by the wayside that Bob Titmus' taxidermy skills may or may not have played a part in the sheen of the creature.

Not sayin' a skinned red horse,

Just sayin'

Squatchy McSquatch,

An how did you determine Roger was preparing a hypothetical suit resemblin' a hypothetical creature ?

Or is it all just hypothetical on your part ?

Pat...

Backdoc

Here are the leg motions of a person walking.

http://youtu.be/GV6CAZiv5Zo

If this theory were to hold water of a hoax, the only thing I can think of to explain it would be gluing hair to each of these muscle groups.  I just don't see that as reasonable but I don't discount it. So I guess I challenge those who think Patty is a hoax to go out and glue some hair on their legs and show us a result that is just like the Bluff Creek video of 1967.   I suspect they will fail in that mission.

Backdoc

Guest SoFla

Patterson to Gimlin: "I got it! Let's glue hair on a subject and then film it walking"

Gimlin to Patterson: "OK, great idea, now all we need to do is find a 7 foot woman who weighs 600 pounds who will let us glue her from head to toe-naked"

Patterson and Gimlin: (together) GENIUS!!!!

Sunflower

If Roger and Bob figured out a way to make a suit that looks like an authentic hairy guy/girl, what the hey were they doing working at breaking horses and traveling the rodeo circuit? (which didn't pay well back then).

You wouldn't have to be a genius to understand the economics of that discovery, now would you?

Patty moved her mouth, her eyebrows and flexed her fingers, oh and IMO she looks very much like a hairless human woman who just gave birth and is lactating.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this