The Truth About Elbe

Matt Pruitt

That last line....please elaborate, as I am not sure what you are referring to. Respectfully, cogriz.

More smokescreen and mirrors...that's all.

Tontar's been caught "red footed". Unless someone else faked Elbe then broke into his house to use his computer to post about it...which is about as likely as pigs spontaneously growing wings and taking flight.

Tontar, if you have any exculpatory evidence, now is the time to present it. You can cry "old news" all you want, but a matched IP address is enough to convict someone criminally for computer crimes, so it's more than enough to pretty much end your credibility on ANY forum.

A very easy way to confirm Matt's claims would be to allow the Forum moderators to confim the IP address history of where Tontar has logged in from. That would clear it up immediately. If the IP address posted in the screen shots on Matt's blog (71.xxx.xxx.xxx) matches what the forum moderators claim Tontar logged in from it is game over and proves that you were involved without a shadow of a doubt.

Would you be willing to permit the forum moderators to do that Tontar? I'm curious ;)

And knowing that they'd be checking, all he'd have to do is use an anonymous IP program of some sort so there would be no match when they checked. Performing such a check now would be like telling a bank you outed for crooked books a year ago that you're about to audit.

Oh, and Tontar, I forgot this bit (from you):

You have an IP address match.

Way back when, you were blowing smoke about no one even having a match to your IP addy...so you outed yourself right there.

BFF Patron

I'm sure we will be seeing a bevy of Tontar clones well into the distant future according to responses given....... pretty lame.

No I am not.

You've hedged your bets with every post you've made. Never denying or confirming your involvement. This sounds to me like you are implying Elbe was a conspiracy and your motivation for conducting this "experiment" justified it.

Funny that the fall-out of Elbe coincided with Kit's withdrawal from bigfoot. Weren't you, Kit and Bill going to get together during the suit inspection? You must have corresponded with Kit during this time. He must have confided in you regarding his "dream" job, which you somehow knew about before he announced it. And you knew all this was for his documentary, which he mysteriously abandoned mid stream. Was the Elbe hoax to be included in his documentary until the shite his the fan? Then he panicked and got out of the BF biz entirely. In spite of being up to his eyeballs in bigfootery at the time.

My only question is in regard to your comment:

"And what feeds my resolve on protecting that confidence is that no matter how much you speculate that you “know†who did what, you are so far off base that it’s funny."

Whose confidence are you protecting Tontar? You are implying that you have insider info re the Elbe hoax and that it was a conspiracy. And your non-denials throughout your posts support that. So, what DO you know about Elbe? And does Kit have any involvement?

Thx

GF

Edited by Gigantofootecus

Guest Thepattywagon

But back to Elbe. You have nothing more to add to the mystery now than you had way back when, and it’s squat, for lack of a better word. You have an IP address match. Close but no cigar. You have no idea who made the tracks, and hey, who knows, maybe they are real and not man made, who knows? But you don’t know who made them, and likely never will. While you kind of sort of almost but not quite held a confidence for a few months, I believe that I can hold a confidence for an awful lot longer than that. And what feeds my resolve on protecting that confidence is that no matter how much you speculate that you “know†who did what, you are so far off base that it’s funny. Genuinely funny. You really don’t have a clue. All you have is an IP address, and that’s it. That’s not evidence of a hoax, nor of who may have been involved with it.

Tontar, how do you reconcile saying that the tracks might be real, and also stating that Matt doesn't have a clue regarding "who did what".

If you genuinely don't know if they are real or not, you also wouldn't know if he did or did not have a clue.

And knowing that they'd be checking, all he'd have to do is use an anonymous IP program of some sort so there would be no match when they checked. Performing such a check now would be like telling a bank you outed for crooked books a year ago that you're about to audit.

Being a little bit saavy on these things I would be willing to bet the BFF has at worst a year of login/server logs that can be matched to a username. They would just need to grep those logs for the IP address in question and match it to the user. Any large forum has this ability.

Of course this Tontar person would need to permit them to post this information. Based on his responses above it appears there is little chance of this happening.

BFF Patron

Yah standard reply should now be WMWYC!

Wake me when you confess.

Are you choosing not to disclose information based on an agreement that you have with another individual or individuals?

I'm sorry, I am not going to comment on that. Make of it what you will.

Way back when, you were blowing smoke about no one even having a match to your IP addy...so you outed yourself right there.

I did? I don't recall that. I also don't recall "outing myself" at any point.

BFF Patron

WMWYC

You've hedged your bets with every post you've made. Never denying or confirming your involvement. This sounds to me like you are implying Elbe was a conspiracy and your motivation for conducting this "experiment" justified it.

Sorry if I gave the impression that I was implying anything. It is your implication that this was an experiment of some sort, not mine.

Funny that the fall-out of Elbe coincided with Kit's withdrawal from bigfoot. Weren't you, Kit and Bill going to get together during the suit inspection? You must have corresponded with Kit during this time. He must have confided in you regarding his "dream" job, which you somehow knew about before he announced it. And you knew all this was for his documentary, which he mysteriously abandoned mid stream. Was the Elbe hoax to be included in his documentary until the shite his the fan? Then he panicked and got out of the BF biz entirely. In spite of being up to his eyeballs in bigfootery at the time.

More conspiracy theories? One thing about bigfoot culture, it is extremely creative. Whether it is dreaming up some unique anatomy to account for unknown and unprecedented physical attributes seen in the PGF, or dreaming up ways that bigfoots would ride trains, there's no lack of imagination. Some things just don't dovetail together no matter how much you might wish it to be so.

My only question is in regard to your comment:

Whose confidence are you protecting Tontar? You are implying that you have insider info re the Elbe hoax and that it was a conspiracy. And your non-denials throughout your posts support that. So, what DO you know about Elbe? And does Kit have any involvement?

So, if I say, hypothetically, that I have some knowledge about a bank robbery that happened last week, but I don't want to break a confidence and tell you what I know, and you ask who's confidence that might be, and I say Joe Blow, the guy who robbed the bank of course, then that's somehow okay? Seriously. I said I was not going to explain, or at least I think I did. Take that how you want. It might mean there is very little to explain, or it might mean there is a whole lot to explain. Feel free to make it as big a mountain as you need to make it, in order to feel like something exciting is going on.

And yeah, Elbe is old news, however you want to look at it. Page over a few topics to see what's really top news right now. Feel free to face the implications of these most recent news stories. Or, live in denial and dig away here. Your choice, but my participation here is going to be limited, as it's a dead end topic as far as I'm concerned.

Its obvious Tontar is playing games and he's not going to give up any information. I advise to just ignore him and not play into it.

Thanks! My advice exactly.

FWIW, an IP address is not really evidence of much without more information. Things like NAT, VPN, IP Proxies, etc can make the IP useless for tracking an individual. IF the IP could be traced to an individual's house at the exact time of the corresponding event, then you might be on to something, or could at least narrow it down to someone at that location. Now if that location is a hotel, a campus, a corporate location, etc..then you still have squat. The only way to get the necessary corresponding information is from the persons' ISP. Good luck with that.

And that's not even taking into consideration if the person was running one of many,many commercial IP disguising software such as BT Guard or some other proxy or vpn software.

I have no skin in this game at all. It just irks me a bit when people loudly proclaim things that are simply not true. An IP from a forum connection log is nothing without a whole lot of other context that you clearly do not have.

Edited by dmaker