Sign in to follow this  
Martin

For " The Record "

This reminds me of the first time I read Technological Slavery.

Squatchy McSquatch

Go ask Brian Gosselin....face to face. :)

Give me his contact info then :)

SweatyYeti

^

Look it up for yourself... :)

Squatchy McSquatch

Hey Sweaty!!!

Dodge thrust parry ho!!

Nevermind. I found Gosselin's number. Branns' too.

I did it all by myself.

Welcome to the Ignore Feature.

You've earned it.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

Cotter

News Flash: BF does not exist, never has and never will.

Woah.....wait a second....I think your definition of BF is ridiculously defined. In your opinion, there has NEVER been a tall, hair covered, bipedal primate that existed (or is that not what you would consider a BF)?? Is that seriously what you are saying here? Ummmm....there are today, on this planet, hair covered primates that are capable of walking on 2 feet.....

There is Bigfootery but there is no BF.

Obviously not meeting the definition you've assigned BF.

The best posters on this forum were Kit and Tontar, if you don't get that, well...

Given the above, can you explain what your definition of 'best' and 'posters' are? Additionally, any quantifiable criteria used to determine this would be appreciated.

;-)

Cheers.

Edited by Cotter

Guest Tontar

"A good example of this, is the exchange between Dr. Krantz, and a skeptic, Dr. Jeffrey Bourne...."

This is one very big reason that discussion within the BFF has become so fruitless and frankly a waste of time. Dr. Krantz was a scientist. Dr. Bourne was a scientist. Yet you reduce both of them to mere pawns in your role playing kind of game (cosplay), where one is a skeptic, and the other is brilliant. That gets very old.

"Dr. Bourne fails miserably, on his 'first point' against Patty..... "It looks very much like a human gait"... :lol:"

Dr. Bourne does not fail miserably. He gives his honest appraisal of what he sees in the film. You always complain that real science does not give the PGF consideration, yet when it (or they individually) do, you bash them if you don't like what they have to say. Do you know what the Yerkes Institute is? I think that Dr. Bourne's position at the Institute gave him a kind of singular expertise on the higher primates that you as a layman should not so quickly dismiss.

"Two problems with his "analysis"....in the general sense, as Krantz pointed-out, of course it would walk like a man...it's a bi-pedal hominid-type creature.....and, secondly, in the specific sense...it's gait is actually non-typical of a human's....with it's bent-kneed walk."

I thought the standing argument was that Patty did not walk like a man, that it was a completely unique and impossible to duplicate style of walking. Dr. Bourne didn't seem to think so. Neither did Dr. James Gamble, Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Stanford University, who works at the Motion & Gait Analysis Laboratory. Dr. Gamble is probably the one person most familiar with bipedal gait characteristics, hands down. His appraisal was that, "A human can replicate the kinematic parameters that we measured from the bigfoot. That's probably the major conclusion here." His associate, Jessica Rose, Director of the Motion & Gait Analysis Laboratory, and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, added that "Bronston's performance was awesome. I think he's done a really tremendous job of matching the motion of the bigfoot video." Then adding, "I think it's a slam dunk."

"Now that was some 'hot analysis', courtesy of someone who was clearly highly skeptical of such a creature existing."

Again, this mindset is why it's not that fun debating on the BFF anymore. While there are some fantastic people here, on both sides of the fence, there simply are too many who are not that fantastic, at least within the confines of the forum. They might be great fun outside, in the real world, beyond the keyboards and monitors, but in here, not so much. There's bitterness, snarkiness, this prevailing and unavoidable attitude of divisiveness, as if there is a war between proponents and skeptics, and one day the proponents will eventually win this war and dance on the graves of the skeptics. Crazy stuff. If bigfoot is ever proven to exist, there is not going to be some sort of victory between warring factions. There will not be winners and losers, and skeptics least of all will not be hanging their heads in shame and defeat. I realize that is what some people hope for, and wish for, and dream of when they turn out the lights a night, but that's never, ever going to happen. This war, as it is seen, is never going to be won. It is not even a war that is being waged by two sides. It's a one sided battle, where the opponents really don't have a lot invested in, and would not likely feel the least disappointed if they "lost" it by the discovery of bigfoot.

Dr. Bourne was a reputable scientist who was asked and gave his opinion on the PGF. You do not like his analysis, so you bash him as a skeptic. Bravo! You really exposed him for the biased, closed minded, wrong, skeptical scoftic that he really was. You go boyyyyy!

All the while touting Grover Krantz as a brilliant scientist who really knows what he's talking about. And who also can think out of the box, outside of normal mammalian constraints, so that when faced with the criticism of Patty's uniquely hairy breasts, responds with the standard (as pointed out above in my old quote) make up new anatomy on the fly to suit the beast, rather than holding the animal to known primate characteristics. He says we don't know what a bigfoot's breasts might be like, and alternately he suggests that they might not even be breasts, but rather "out-pouching", or "laryngeal air sacs". Dang, latch onto that thought, quick! Add it to the list of things that Patterson could not possibly have been smart enough to know about. Patterson could not have been smart enough to know about bent legged walking, mid tarsal broken feet, nor out-pouching laryngeal air sacs, so how could he have incorporated out-pouching laryngeal air sacs into a suit?

Martin, for starting this thread, and others for commenting favorably, I appreciate the sentiments. If you guys want to chat privately, I'd be more than happy to, and would enjoy it immensely. But I have been avoiding the BFF forums for a while now, not because I have been chased off, but because it's lost its appeal in most ways. It's frustrating, it's silly, it's the kind of thing that never seems to move forward, like an endless treadmill. If bigfoot exists, it's not going to be found in this forum, that's for sure! And likely it would not be found by those within this forum either.

JohnCartwright, I appreciate the experience you had. I wish others, including myself, could have had it as well. I hope it was real. I hope bigfoot is real. But I don't have much faith it is. I have hope, but I have no faith. I envy you to a degree, because like anyone who has had an interest in bigfoot, seeing one would be the all time greatest thrill. Everyone else just has to be content to debate it. :-)

Guest Primate

I thought you were banned for faking a trackway..

SweatyYeti

In Tontar's 2,059th long-winded post.....he said... :) ...

"It's a one sided battle, where the opponents (skeptics) really don't have a lot invested in, and would not likely feel the least disappointed if they "lost" it by the discovery of bigfoot."

• Upvote 3

Guest OntarioSquatch

I'm pretty certain that Dr. Bourne is right about Patty's gait being a human gait. She walks like a human being, but there are some small unexplained differences. I'm not saying that Patty is human by the way, but just that she walks like one.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest DWA

In Tontar's 2,059th long-winded post.....he said... :) ...

"It's a one sided battle, where the opponents (skeptics) really don't have a lot invested in, and would not likely feel the least disappointed if they "lost" it by the discovery of bigfoot."

I believe some have started wars in which they had less invested than bigfoot skeptics seem to have in their point of view.

roguefooter

Again, this mindset is why it's not that fun debating on the BFF anymore. While there are some fantastic people here, on both sides of the fence, there simply are too many who are not that fantastic, at least within the confines of the forum. They might be great fun outside, in the real world, beyond the keyboards and monitors, but in here, not so much. There's bitterness, snarkiness, this prevailing and unavoidable attitude of divisiveness, as if there is a war between proponents and skeptics, and one day the proponents will eventually win this war and dance on the graves of the skeptics. Crazy stuff. If bigfoot is ever proven to exist, there is not going to be some sort of victory between warring factions. There will not be winners and losers, and skeptics least of all will not be hanging their heads in shame and defeat. I realize that is what some people hope for, and wish for, and dream of when they turn out the lights a night, but that's never, ever going to happen. This war, as it is seen, is never going to be won. It is not even a war that is being waged by two sides. It's a one sided battle, where the opponents really don't have a lot invested in, and would not likely feel the least disappointed if they "lost" it by the discovery of bigfoot.

This same delusional mindset is what pushes people to create fake trackways in order to fool the 'experts' and achieve some kind of elusive victory. It's no wonder that you know so much about this mindset Tontar, but you seem to be in a state of denial by calling it one-sided.

It's almost as if you seem sort of bitter that it didn't go as planned, which reminds me of Kitikaze and his failed project. Then there was all the potshots that Kitikaze spewed about the community right before leaving. Now here we are reading the same kind of potshots from you.

Edited by roguefooter

SweatyYeti

Tontar wrote:

But I have been avoiding the BFF forums for a while now, not because I have been chased off, but because it's lost its appeal in most ways.

It's frustrating, it's silly, it's the kind of thing that never seems to move forward, like an endless treadmill.

No sillier than a 'Totem-Bob-in-Suit-em-Pole'... :gaming: ...

TotemBob6_zpsb587c4ab.jpg

Edited by SweatyYeti

Guest Tontar

This same delusional mindset is what pushes people to create fake trackways in order to fool the 'experts' and achieve some kind of elusive victory. It's no wonder that you know so much about this mindset Tontar, but you seem to be in a state of denial by calling it one-sided.

You should be careful how loudly you call someone delusional in here. You do know what this forum is about, don't you?

And if you want to start saying people are delusional for creating fake trackways, then you begin to paint an awful lot of people that you seem to have a great deal of respect for, and associate yourself with, with the same brush. Consider at this point in time bigfoot has not been established as a real entity, and as far as anyone can tell it all is simply a manufactured folk legend. Which means there are an awful lot of people, your kind of people in fact, that are doing exactly what you seem inclined to condemn. Where would you like to start? Patterson, perhaps. Pick a trackway, any trackway, and try to convince anyone that it was made by a real bigfoot and not some human being, most likely a proponent. I'm all ears.

It's almost as if you seem sort of bitter that it didn't go as planned, which reminds me of Kitikaze and his failed project. Then there was all the potshots that Kitikaze spewed about the community right before leaving. Now here we are reading the same kind of potshots from you.

I'm not bitter at all. Why should I be? What didn't go as planned? What are you talking about? My complaints about the state of bigfootery has always been the same. A whole lotta talk about a whole lotta nothing. And it all goes back to a film from 1967 of a guy in a suit. It's all fun and games, sure, but who's bitter? Not me. I'm just tired of the negativity and attitude, it ain't healthy to drink that kind of stuff for so long. Which is why I am taking a breather, to detox.

SweatyYeti

Tontar wrote:

My complaints about the state of bigfootery has always been the same.

A whole lotta talk about a whole lotta nothing.

Look who's talking... ;)

And look who has the funky arm-proportion... :) ...

PattyArmBendingAG7_zps48acd4f2.gif

Edited by SweatyYeti

roguefooter

You should be careful how loudly you call someone delusional in here. You do know what this forum is about, don't you?

And if you want to start saying people are delusional for creating fake trackways, then you begin to paint an awful lot of people that you seem to have a great deal of respect for, and associate yourself with, with the same brush. Consider at this point in time bigfoot has not been established as a real entity, and as far as anyone can tell it all is simply a manufactured folk legend. Which means there are an awful lot of people, your kind of people in fact, that are doing exactly what you seem inclined to condemn. Where would you like to start? Patterson, perhaps. Pick a trackway, any trackway, and try to convince anyone that it was made by a real bigfoot and not some human being, most likely a proponent. I'm all ears.

I don't need to be careful at all, I'm well aware of what this forum is about. I don't specifically come here to psychoanalyze the people, and I don't come here to try and convince people of anything. I'm only here to debate the subject matter.

You have this mistaken idea that I have some kind of big emotional attachment to things around here. Bigfoot is a hobby to me, the PGF is a hobby. My primary interest here is debate, and you just happen to be on the recieving end.

Others come here with a big emotional attachment and I could respect that. I don't have that sick fascination of deliberately trying to crush other people's beliefs. No agenda means no problem.

I'm not bitter at all. Why should I be? What didn't go as planned? What are you talking about? My complaints about the state of bigfootery has always been the same. A whole lotta talk about a whole lotta nothing. And it all goes back to a film from 1967 of a guy in a suit. It's all fun and games, sure, but who's bitter? Not me. I'm just tired of the negativity and attitude, it ain't healthy to drink that kind of stuff for so long. Which is why I am taking a breather, to detox.

The Elbe trackway hoax didn't go as planned. You know, that attempt at mocking the 'experts' failed and you were outed for your apparent involvement. For someone who's not bitter you sure aren't willing to talk about it very much.

If you're tired of negativity and attitude then take some time to think about where it comes from- what spurs it on. If you're tired of the pro-Bigfoot stance then you probably shouldn't come to a pro-Bigfoot forum. Just like a lot of people don't like to hang out at pro-skoftic sites.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
Staff edit - GG 2
  • Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this