Bait Stations/feeding Stations: Best Food To Use?

Guest mizzousquatchn

Guest mizzousquatchn

To all the field researchers here on the forum, I would like to hear opinions on the use of bait stations... (best foods to use for bait stations and also how you set these stations up) to get the best results. THANKS!!!!!!!!

Guest mizzousquatchn

Peanut Butter and Honeysuckle blooms

Thank you sir, I always appreciate your advice!!! I will try this here in Mark Twain Forest. Honeysuckle is native to this part of the country. And peanut butter always seems to do great when baiting all types of wild life. Especialy deer, from my experiences. Thanks again.

Guest mizzousquatchn

Popcorn "popped, butter and salted".

Apples, pears, peanut butter.

Salt Blocks.

Mike (watch1)

Hey Mike, how ya doin? I will try your advice. thank you so much for the info. do you have any certain ways you set up your feeding stations? perhaps set them high, low, in trees, on the ground, etc. ? thanks again!

Guest mizzousquatchn

Original and crispy KFC.... Trust me

Oh Dude! problem with this is... my fat butt would eat it before i left it out! Great idea. Who or what could turn kfc down!!!!! :D

Guest FuriousGeorge

I only take advise from the people with the highest bigfoot bait station success rate. Not including the people tied at zero.

Edited by FuriousGeorge

I noticed salty things in a post above. Depends on where you are. Deep into the woods,

I agree salt would be an attractor but down near a shoreline,

pretty much everything tastes salty. If this were the case a bowl of fresh water without any food.

I've done this and have most of the animals and birds coming in to that water bowl, twice a day.

edited for dumb spelling

Edited by BobTo

Hey Mike, how ya doin? I will try your advice. thank you so much for the info. do you have any certain ways you set up your feeding stations? perhaps set them high, low, in trees, on the ground, etc. ? thanks again!

The best place to put the bait is at eye level for most Bigfoot, about 6 1/2 to 7 feet high, place it on a strong piece of pole or wire away from any branches that can support racoons or possusms, otherwise, they will be the ones going after your bait. The MABRC has footage of a racoon pulling up a fish on a string that was used for a baiting station, and take off running with it. Of course he didn't make it to the end of the branch before the string caught up with him and pulled him back. You have to always take other wildlife into account when setting up bait stations. Also, do not touch the food yourself, if it has a wrapper, use the wrapper like a glove to avoid getting your scent on it.

Guest TooRisky

Oh Dude! problem with this is... my fat butt would eat it before i left it out! Great idea. Who or what could turn kfc down!!!!! :D

I am totaly serious about this... it attracts all kinds of animals to include deer who eat the heck out of it... I suspect it is the seasoninng, herbs and salt but what ever it is, it brings in a lot of critters and with that has to bring in Ol' Biggie...

Good luck

Most of the time in Oklahoma, deer kill goes untouched and will rot alongside the road. I don't think Bigfoot, unless its one that is sick or old, will venture close enough to a road to grab one. Too many other food sources to feed off. JMHO