New Myakka Skunk Ape Sighting? ( Pics )

A new sighting out of Florida? Obviously from the video, there were multiple people pulled over looking at "something"

Suesquach

Great find Skyla. Nice to finally see someone running toward the creature!

• Upvote 1

WRabbit

The video and pics are kinda blurry, making it hard to determine what is being filmed. However, there were others filming the event, one being a woman who had a telephoto lens. Hopefully some better pictures of this will surface in the near future.

Guest poignant

Yes hopefully the telephoto DSLR pictures will be made public.

It's also frustrating that you can't see the licence plate on that black Dodge.

TimB

It looks like someone put the green color over it after the fact.

It's also frustrating that you can't see the licence plate on that black Dodge.

The license plate on the black Dodge says "Lawngevity". It's a Lawn, Shrub and Plant Maintenance Company in Florida. The closest location to Myakka is in Sarasota, FL. Called their number and got an answering machine. I'll follow up later this afternoon.

BobbyO
SSR Team

There's a woman taking pictures with a nice, nice camera with a very nice lens on it.

I like this a lot, this is close to where I saw mine.

Interesting. Even though the video itself is too far away and blurry, the fact that the filmer actually turned and and showed others had stopped adds to it's credibility in my opinion. Hopefully some other pics will surface. Thanks for sharing Skyla!

WV FOOTER

Using the patented MM Run at the Creature technique. As far as the real deal, possible but not convincing. IMO

JenJen of Oldstones

I'm embarrassed to say that I can't see anything until about the 2:00 mark when I see the two dark figures kind of leaping through the grass... On all fours maybe? I wonder if someone could stabilize the video? Or could someone draw me a circle at the beginning of the video at where they're looking? Help!

Skyla, you are so good at finding new videos!

I just got off the phone with Mike, the owner of the black Dodge. Mike is actually the guy who uploaded the video to youtube. The sighting occurred on Myakka State Park Road, in the northern part of the park. Mike said he was facing West while shooting the video with his iPhone 4S. He said the sun was setting and the lighting was not good, and that's the reason he had to lighten the video. Even though the video is not that great, I asked Mike what he saw. He said he could see it very clearly, and that it was walking upright like a human and he could clearly see arms and the upper thighs as it walked. Mike said it was following some deer and the deer would run away from the creature and then go down in the high grass, then jump up and run again. Mike said the creature did the same thing, it would go down in the grass then stand back up and walk toward the deer. Mike is going to email me the original video so I can send it to a friend of mine to have it stabilized and enhanced. I will post it here when it's finished.

Unfortunately, Mike tried to get the lady's information that had the camera with the zoom lens and she was reluctant to give Mike her contact info. The lady did let Mike look at the creature through her camera for a brief time. After Mike and his son ran out into the field to get a closer shot, when they got back to the truck the lady was gone. It's probably going to be pretty hard to find her. Maybe her pictures will show up in the news or on the internet somewhere.

Guest WldHrtRnch

Great find Skyla, I agree JenJen. The fact that other people stopped is compelling. Sure hope the lady with the good camera got better photos and they do surface. Good work squatcher, keep us updated!!