New Myakka Skunk Ape Sighting? ( Pics )

bfriendly

That's just north of my neck of the woods, and what I know of the forest around that area I am surprised there are not more sightings.

X2 on that one.............Shortly after we went to the tree line was when we saw the pigs...........Next time we'll start there and head to the power lines, and hang out. If there was ever a perfect place for them to be, its here. 10 yards and a duck, and all things can disappear  :) 

Ok guys we have been keeping our operations down there hush hush so here is a video with a couple of cool things we found in the preserve

Airdale

Thanks for the update Stacey, that track looks good from here. Is that typical behavior generally for the gators to take to the water as a group like that as humans approach, or something limited to Myakka?

bfriendly

Thanks for the update Stacey, that track looks good from here. Is that typical behavior generally for the gators to take to the water as a group like that as humans approach, or something limited to Myakka?

Yes...........any Gator will take off if you approach them on land. However, if you went in the Water, they would more than likely come back to you.

Park gators aren't very afraid of people, but they wont let you come pet them either..

Airdale

No worries bfriendly, we have enough tourists getting gored by bison in Yellowstone, I have a healthy respect for wildlife, especially armor plated wildlife. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, I was aiming more at whether they were conditioned to avoid bipedal creatures that might be inclined to have a little alligator appetizer with their venison (I've had deep fried gator in New Orleans and found it quite tasty).

Serohs

Yeah for the most part gators want nothing to do with people. There are exceptions though like a mamma gator near her nest, etc...

Thanks for update stacy....did you guys do an investigation into the ocala area? I remember you mentioned some recent sightings.

Also, any results from the hair and poo samples?

Guest VASquatchin

This is my first post ever here despite reading for a LONG time. I have really enjoyed this thread and all the updates. Makes me almost wish I lived in FL!! I have nothing to add other than my sincere thanks to those out looking for answers to our questions!! Please continue to stay safe out there and avoid becoming gator bait!! ,Looking forward to future updates!