Idaho 1902 - Idaho's Wild Man

gigantor

Admin

Idaho-1902.png

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic

Great find Gig.  There is a lot of interesting tidbits in here if you can read it.  Also, I want to try that Galena Street Whisky.

Edited by NCBFr
typo

Portnuef river is a tributary of the Snake river close to Pocatello.

Also.....progressive must have meant something very different back then.....:blink:

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
BFF Patron

Interesting that most of the discussion in the newspaper was about the number of toes.     Well that could be some injury but in certain parts of the country abnormal amount of digits are common in BF footprint finding.    I think this is the smoking gun for lack of genetic diversity in BF and the effects of inbreeding within a small genetic pool.     These areas often seem to be away from the Pacific NW which probably has a much larger BF population and genetic diversity.      Much of humanities prohibition of marrying close relatives  in modern law,   is based on ages of observation of what happens when close relatives marry.     That evolved into religious practices then that carried over into law as legal systems and nation states evolved.    If you go back to ancient Egypt marrying brothers and sisters were common in the royalty who considered themselves deities but they payed the price with genetic birth defects.       If BF never developed either laws or religious rules on who they can marry or their small numbers prohibit adherence to those laws,  then genetic defects are going to creep into their population.    The sad part about this is if I am right, these abnormalities are the first sign of a pending collapse in population and pending extinction.    

• 11 months later...