Reasons Not To Consider The Pgf A Hoax (2)

Doc Holliday

perhaps 6000 volunteers could find that face melting discovery the world was promised some time ago ?

naah, i doubt it.....with such a victory dance at hand, yet leave it ??

more  possible reasons the discovery  could  be  considered a hoax instead....

• Upvote 1

My point...*IF* we could find a BF 55 years ago and given the fact a LOT MORE people are looking (with MUCH better technology), it begs the question>> 

Why have we failed to do so? That's a LOOOONGGG time span with NOTHING (in comparison). OK..Patterson *got lucky*, but if true, it DOES show we CAN catch a live BF on film (or find remains). People weren't  attempting to FILM a BF for that many years PRIOR to Patterson...right? How many years had people been attempting to film a BF PRIOR to Patterson....10 years??? Well, we NOW HAVE 55 YEARS AND COUNTING WITH EXPONENTIALLY MUCH BETTER TECHNOLOGY and MANY more looking with NOTHING as far as Patterson Quality Film. That's a HUGE FAIL and brings into question the legitimacy of the Patterson Film ...for me at least.

xspider1

An even huger fail in my opinion are the claims that the PGf subject is an actor in a costume.  What it boils down to is which is more likely: the PGf being an actor in a costume or, a Bigfoot?  Certainly, costume technology has also advanced in the 46+ years since the filming but, still no costume that compares.  The kicker for me is that a costume should be easier to replicate than the rare event of filming such a Creature, if it were a costume.  So, the odds seem to be in favor of the PGf subject being what it appears to be: a hitherto unclassified primate.  We have had unclassified primates throughout history so, that shouldn't be a surprise, imo.  8 )

.  We have had unclassified primates throughout history so, that shouldn't be a surprise, imo.  8 )

This is a whole different ball game. We're not talking about finding some obscure *sub species* of Lemur in Madagascar! This would an entirely NEW SPECIES of HOMINID! Night and day. Like finding HOMO Erectus still alive and well. BTW, they are are NO KNOWN Primates (other than Humans) living in North America....so that another BIGGIE.

Backdoc
BFF Donor

Ronn1,

Only a handful of people have been to the moon in a short period of time in the 1960's.  Then the moon had been forgotten.  Now there is a renewed focus to return to the moon.   That path is similar to the PGF. There was a focus made by two guys who went as billy the kid said 'where the money is' and they got lucky.  Only recently has there been a renewed energy on TV and with Tech.

There has NOT been this massive search effort for bigfoot.  Most of these things have been self financed and sporadic.  There is just not the manpower or money devoted to this topic.  You can go some woods in this nation in the NW for weeks at a time and maybe run into another person and maybe not the whole time.  If it was not for a campfire, would see no indication of another sole.

When planes crash often the wreckage tends to be larger than a man and not moving are not found in 50 years of crashing, it is not from lack of effort.

The idea Bigfoot would be easy to find is based on assumptions that are in error.  If bigfoot exists there would have to be a lot of circumstances that would lead to a sighting and a successful filming.  500 people would not be enough when you look at real world examples. Real world examples are the only thing we honestly have to compare to ease or difficulty of a task.  

One can say, "I am a reasonable scientific mind and I say it would take this many people."  The truth is you have no idea.  That is not to say you are not an intelligent person. There is just nothing to base that belief on other than a assumptions and guesses.  What is more, most skeptics act like there are 100,000 out there right now looking for bigfoot and focused in the same area.

In the case of the lost boy in Virgina, at one time more than 5,000 were looking.  These were people driven with a mission and all that equipment and so on. It still took nearly a week in less than 3 mile circle. This includes nice support people bringing them food and water.  

Ronn 1 can you just site some real world examples of the number of people it took to find someone or something in similar terrain? Please tell us what was involved and how many people did it take.  

Backdoc

• Upvote 1
xspider1

Only recently has there been a renewed energy on TV and with Tech.

Good point. 

We're not talking about finding some obscure *sub species* of Lemur in Madagascar! 

Exactly.  Lemurs don't seem to have quite the same brain power as would be expected of a much larger, bi-pedal ape, such as a Sasquatch.  I don't see a lot of intelligence reflected here: 

ringtail-lemur_2.jpg

"BTW, they are are NO KNOWN Primates (other than Humans) living in North America....so that another BIGGIE."

"Known Primates" being the operative phrase.  Of course, when they are known, that would change everything, as always.  9 )

" Lemurs don't seem to have quite the same brain power as would be expected of a much larger, bi-pedal ape, such as a Sasquatch.  I don't see a lot of intelligence reflected here"

Yet>>>This *Intelligent* bipedal ape does not build sufficient shelter nor does it create fire...TWO THINGS required to exist as a PRIMATE in NA.

You give this creature WAY too much credit for it's ability to cope with NA climates.

Wheellug

Build shelter or create fire, this is a requirement for a primate in North America? 

Why only North America and not all other parts of the world?

Backdoc
BFF Donor

Ronn1,

I think I got my threads crossed. 

Can you just provide how many people are looking for Bigfoot and the basis of this number?

Are there 100 people looking in the last year or two?  Are there 100,000?

I think most would agree we need to have some sort of number to know if there are a lot or a little.

I still believe be it real or a hoax, there are just not that many people looking for Bigfoot. 

There are 1,000's of cops in NYC.  In an area the size of NY there is a decent chance a person may in fact run into a cop.  That is simply due to the area vs the numbers of cops.   Either I am way off base and there has in fact been a massive effort to search for bigfoot or I am not.

What would be the number necessary to do a reasonable search?

Have that number been achieved?

What size area was that number applied to?

Ronn1, I am not trying to attack you. I am just trying to understand. 

Backdoc

Edited by Backdoc
Cotter

BTW, they are are NO KNOWN Primates (other than Humans) living in North America....so that another BIGGIE.

Incorrect.  There WERE primates in NA at one time.  And due to introduction, there are many other current species doing just fine in NA.

Albeit, I'll submit they are living in the balmier climates.

roguefooter

Yet>>>This *Intelligent* bipedal ape does not build sufficient shelter nor does it create fire...TWO THINGS required to exist as a PRIMATE in NA.

You give this creature WAY too much credit for it's ability to cope with NA climates.

Wait, what? This makes no sense coming from you Ronn, being as you were the staunchest supporter of this being the real deal:

bigfoot-photo-with-dyer-600.jpg

Edited by roguefooter

Yes...When faced with the *MUSKY* testimony on viewing the  Dyer*BODY* , I then had to reconcile what I thought was LOGICAL science with this *testimony* and so I went with the Fairy Tale. That was a big mistake. I admit it. That still doesn't change the *science* does it? It only shows I used BAD JUDGEMENT and now I'm paying for it...as evidenced by your response.

roguefooter

^Well at least you can admit it, that's more than most people around here would ever do. It just seems like you went from full on believer to skeptic overnight.

I'm still on the fence with the PGF even though science and statistics aren't exactly in favor. It's one of the things that keeps me a little optimistic, but either way it really doesn't matter to me. The legend is really just as interesting as the notion of it being real.

BTW Dyer just came clean about the body hoax a few days ago. Chris Noel recently claimed the body was real and was even verified as real by his buddies. I wonder what he's saying now?

Edited by roguefooter

^Well at least you can admit it, that's more than most people around here would ever do. It just seems like you went from full on believer to skeptic overnight.

I'm still on the fence with the PGF even though science and statistics aren't exactly in favor. It's one of the things that keeps me a little optimistic, but either way it really doesn't matter to me. The legend is really just as interesting as the notion of it being real.

BTW Dyer just came clean about the body hoax a few days ago. Chris Noel recently claimed the body was real and was even verified as real by his buddies. I wonder what he's saying now?

Actually I was a skeptic prior to hearing the Musky testimony....that's what turned me around. If you have ever listened to it, it's  very compelling and Musky did a great job in that FBFB Interview. I realized it was a hoax when Dyer came out with the *Movie* and failed to show any real proof in August of last year.

• 2 months later...
xspider1

I don't see any reason why the purposed 'Best Evidence for a PGf hoax' would convince anyone of anything other than that the film shows an unclassified animal:

post-131-0-65626300-1403237442_thumb.jpg

The many and sorted PGF hoax theories seem to be on par with the collage above and I haven't seen any that didn't pale (significantly) compared to information like this:

http://www.themunnsreport.com

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/7117-pattys-feetand-the-footprints/

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/8474-the-self-contradictions-of-bob-heironimus/

http://thedavisreport.wordpress.com/

• gigantor unlocked this topic