Reasons Not To Consider The Pgf A Hoax (2)

It is that type of real muscle movement that makes it hard for me to think it is a dude in a suit.  We have clear frames of the calf muscle that may be even more apparent.  Was muscle movement something a 1967 suit (even made by best expert Hollywood suitmakers) something that could even BE done then??  Can it even be done NOW in a suit that the best of the best could make?  And if so, why have we never seen an example?  To me, clear and visible natural muscle movement is pretty darn convincing. 

SweatyYeti

^

Padding simply doesn't mimic muscle movement/bulging. In this particular case, in F354, most of Patty's foot is still in the air...at most, maybe the forefoot has contacted the ground.

So, how is it that the "padding" on the leg is moving, and bulging...at that point in time??? :)

The most impressive thing in the PGF to me continues to be the step down and right thigh. 

When you look at a Messing With Sasquatch commercial, the step down looks like one big piece of harry foam on the thigh that does not move or react.

The movement I see or the reaction I see to the step down does not make it real.  It does make it impressive.  If I am just seeing things, I would like the 'see' the same things in a suit attempt.

The other big deal as I see is the toes extending on the zoomed in foot movements.  The toes extend (that is point up) as the step is taking place. Again, if I am seeing things I would like to 'see' this take place in a 1967 era suit.

Backdoc

You can even see the tendons and ligaments stretching where the quad muscle connects to the outside of the knee and tightens going up the outside of the leg.  This is not made up stuff, it is very clear.  Never seen a suit show details like that, and if there are suits that have been made that do that kind of stuff, well let's see them. I'm very open to seeing this stuff refuted, but it looks pretty clear to myself, and I think many others, that details like this are very convincing of a real creature not a dude in a suit.  There are too many small, defining details like this that don't look like they have ever been replicated to date that are in the film.  I have not seen anything close to a smoking gun - probably the line at the top of the thigh, under the hip which is what the purported "hip waders" would do.  But I don't think that line is consistent with what a pair of hip waders would do - and I have worn them quite a few times.  It looks more likely it is part of the larger muscle group of the quad/thigh muscles, especially when looked at with the consistent movement congruent with the lower quad muscles visible the ligament/tendons tightening in a natural way and the calf muscles not only from the back view, but what looks like possible muscle movement on the shin consistent with a striding step like that.  I mean, you can see what looks like the patella tendon tightening in the outswing of the lower leg before Patty lands.  Just too darn realistic and I don't think a suit can replicate these things.  Definitely NOT a suit that supposedly has hip waders for bottoms.  No way. We'd see mushy flopping of the rubber if anything, and I don't see that in that gif above, nor any clip from the Patty film.

norseman

^^^ I remember watching it for the first time about 1977. I was four. It looked like a costume to me. At four.

The realism you see in the PGF has never been duplicated.

Correct.

Neither has it been proven, verified of replicated with a big ole ape.

True, we need proof.

But compared to the technology at the time? I don't think known suits really stack up. Add to that the fact that three Yakima cowboys came up with something that bested Hollywood at the time? Kinda crazy! Maybe at four? You thought everything looked like a suit?

8-maddest-star-trek-monsters-04.jpg

Guest pinkmoon67

My first look at this thread and its back to the old simple argument if this faked in 1967 why can't some one replicate it today they've had 47 years to try and no one has managed .

Post 375... I'm no expert but i can see muscle movement in those frames .

xspider1

This toy from the 1960's is probably the most realistic PGf recreation ever attempted : B.   (Warning: the sounds that this thing makes are terrifying (no joke, please turn the volume off):    :meeting:

Happy Halloween!

Edited by xspider1
  • gigantor unlocked this topic