Reasons Not To Consider The Pgf A Hoax (2)

It seems that with many skeptics both here and on the JREF, there is a strong emotional response to the idea of such a creature existing or what's in the PGF being real. The guy called dfoot is a perfect example of this. I don't know why it is, but it seems many of these devoted Bigfoot skeptics were once either proponents themselves or are interested, but aren't comfortable with the idea of this thing being real.

Honestly, a lot - almost all - of what passes for skepticism on this topic is not only not skeptical, but veers all the way to the opposite extreme.    Which makes me think you may be right in that most of them were once True Believers.  They simply switched from uncritical acceptance to uncritical denial, just because they didn't understand enough about the topic to see why proof wasn't gonna come on their schedule.

xspider1

And, proof is not always available to everyone or, necessarily, to anyone.  There is more proof of real things in this world that has been lost over the millennia than we may ever know. For many people who have seen Bigfoot type creatures, there is no doubt what-so-ever about what they saw.  Hoaxes, hallucinations, and misidentifications do not cause such a phenomenon on this scale.  For me, the PGf evidence, studies and discussion on these forums and that which is linked here confirms the existence of Sasquatch beyond a reasonable doubt.  And that confirmation is an addition to a plethora of other testimony and evidence.  It's too bad that we can't classify them yet but, Bigfoot are very real.

Edited by xspider1

When one thinks about what would have to be going on to make all the evidence a false positive, sasquatch as a simple unlisted animal suddenly becomes quite the mundane possibility.

Squatchy McSquatch

Except for that whole pesky truth/proof thing.

Darn that science and reality always getting in the way of opinions

Um, the only scientists that have any opinions worth having in this field are the proponents.  So I'd say science and reality might be hinting to you that you are wrong.

Or, you'll be able to show me one scientist who makes a convincing argument that the proponents are wrong.

(Hint:  don't bother.)

Squatchy McSquatch

Or you could Show Monkey. Or one of the scientists you agree with could Show Monkey.

The rest of us can't Show Monkey because, like you, we have No Monkey.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

Why?  What is this whole thing about Must Have Monkey Now?

I can see monkey when monkey proven.  Don't got a train to catch or nuthin'.

Squatchy McSquatch

No it's about Got Monkey. It's always been about Got Monkey.

Neither of us Got Monkey.

I would just like to hear it from you that you don't Got Monkey.

There's no shame in not having Got Monkey.

SweatyYeti

Or you could Show Monkey. Or one of the scientists you agree with could Show Monkey.

The rest of us can't Show Monkey because, like you, we have No Monkey.

See Monkey....Butt...

F328-F335AG2_zpsb52492cf.gif

Also, note the "hand extension" of the "monkey suit" bending at the appropriate places/joints.

I believe I have said that Monkey can show up anytime Monkey wants.  Evidence says it's gonna happen.  Don't have no train to catch or nuthin'.

xspider1

That's just what I was thinkin'.  Lots of 'monkeys' have been "shown" already and at least one of them is real.  Even in the presence of a plethora of hoaxers, liars and charlatans, Bigfoot denial still doesn't work...

bigfootimages200903.jpg

SweatyYeti

I believe I have said that Monkey can show up anytime Monkey wants.  Evidence says it's gonna happen.  Don't have no train to catch or nuthin'.

Meanwhile....'Monkey' making a monkey out of Mankind... :huh: 

SweatyYeti

Here is one very good reason to consider the PGF not to be a hoax....the 'white spot' located in the lower half of the 'eye socket'...(clearly visible in three of the following Frames)...

F352F358F364F370Comp2.jpg

There are two major problems with it, under the 'hoax' scenario...

1) There is no reason for it to exist, as part of a suit mask. It serves no purpose.

....and...

2) It would obstruct the actor's vision.

(With such a sharply-sloped cranium, it's highly doubtful that an actor's eyes would be located within the upper-half of the mask's eye opening. That wouldn't leave much 'vertical space' for a human forehead/cranium.

But with the obstruction (the white object) in the lower-half...that is exactly where the actor's eyes would have to have been located....(the upper-half).

Edited by SweatyYeti

I was walking through the bush the other day and it occured to me that our walking style evolved on the plains and not in the bush.  To step over deadfall we first flex at the hip, bringing the knee up and foot over.  This is not efficent at all, it causes kind of a stop and go way of walking through the bush.  I thought if I was a bit taller (8 or 10 feet tall) the forest would look a lot different to me. 

The deadfall would be less of an problem but still in my way.  Patty's walk seems to bend at the knee first then follows through with the hip flex.  This walking style would smoothly take her through the bush avoiding the many things waiting to trip her up. 

I think Patty's walk could be a result of a tall bipedal creature evolving in the forest.

On a side note I wonder if the Sasquatch hight is partially a result of evolving in a habitat where you have to step over things all the time?

• gigantor unlocked this topic