Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Reasons Not To Consider The Pgf A Hoax (2)

bipedalist
BFF Patron

I was walking through the bush the other day and it occured to me that our walking style evolved on the plains and not in the bush.  To step over deadfall we first flex at the hip, bringing the knee up and foot over.  This is not efficent at all, it causes kind of a stop and go way of walking through the bush.  I thought if I was a bit taller (8 or 10 feet tall) the forest would look a lot different to me. 

The deadfall would be less of an problem but still in my way.  Patty's walk seems to bend at the knee first then follows through with the hip flex.  This walking style would smoothly take her through the bush avoiding the many things waiting to trip her up. 

I think Patty's walk could be a result of a tall bipedal creature evolving in the forest.

On a side note I wonder if the Sasquatch hight is partially a result of evolving in a habitat where you have to step over things all the time?

Yep, it's almost like her knees are on a swivel or rotate first before hip action according to one LMS dvd analysis as I remember. 

Guest Cervelo

Why would Bigfoots knee develop entirely different from ours if we've both been navigating the same terrain for the majority of time.

Same life style (nomadic) same food sources ect ect up until recent times.

Guest Bigfoothunter

Why would Bigfoots knee develop entirely different from ours if we've both been navigating the same terrain for the majority of time.

The mountains that surround me have been here longer than recent times and these animals have adapted to physically be able to roam them with apparent ease as the rest of us must struggle to do the same. I would expect their knee to be developed in ways that ours are not.

Guest Cervelo

First not talking recent times....lets talk geological time, evolutionary terms.

Those would be the time frames that would impact that type of adaptation no?

Show me one other biped/human that walks like Bigfoot that you feel is a result of adaptation to its environment.

Humans populate and have for sometime every comer of the earth and for the majority of that time only walked, run, jumped ect ect to get around.

The basic layout of both species is almost identical no such adaption would seem needed nor does there seem to be any evidence of such an adaptation.

Now if one was wearing clown feet and trying to get around Patty is exactly what it would look like!

Maybe Bigfoot was a desert dweller or part camel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWBhP0EQ1lA&sns=em

Edited by Cervelo

PBeaton

Cervelo,

In both the giant panda[6] and the red panda,[7] the radial sesamoid is larger than the same bone in counterparts such as bears. It is primarily a bony support for the pad above it, allowing the panda's other digits to grasp bamboo while eating it. The panda's thumb is often cited as a classical example of exaptation, where a trait evolved for one purpose is commandeered for another.[8]

Pat...

bipedalist
BFF Patron

Ask Doug Hajicek the expert on it all.  He is the one that helped produce the computer generated representation, and yes he is an expert and will be on a blogtalk show tonight.  Call in and ask if it troubles you so, lol.      OR, join the chat and fire off a question in all CAPS and screaming red.  MNBRT blogtalk TONIGHT!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mnbrt/2013/05/28/mnbrt-radio-with-doug-hajicek  9PM TONIGHT Eastern  (pronounced high-Check)

Join Elusive1 as he welcomes back to the show Doug Hajicek!!!! Doug Hajicek (pronounced high-check), President of Whitewolf Entertainment Inc., is a Television documentary and TV series veteran. He has produced over 200 National TV features since 1987, covering the globe from Russia, the un-explored jungles of Belize, up to the Arctic.

Hajicek has been dubbed “The Camera Explorer†by some, inventing and implementing new camera systems in untested places. Don Shelby of CBS Television recently stated Hajicek was one of the Best Photographers in The World. In 2006 his greatest accomplishment may have been his development of the Trojan Squid Cam, used to film the World's first free swimming Giant Squid in 2006 that was over 60 feet long. Hajicek is also a skilled Video photographer, and often a Television story writer. His interest in the unknown and the famous 1967 Patterson Film lead him to forensically 3D animate the strange rotating lower leg walk, he dubbed “The Mountain Gait.â€

Recently he developed and built a Laser measuring Lens system that automatically measures the animals it films both above water and below. Used recently to measure and film the first giant Greenland shark in the fresh water St. Lawrence River in Canada, where sharks were thought not to exist and the World’s biggest crocs ever filmed in the wild. This lens was also used recently to measure dangerous wild Komodo dragons.  ?

Edited by bipedalist

Guest Cervelo

Cervelo,

In both the giant panda[6] and the red panda,[7] the radial sesamoid is larger than the same bone in counterparts such as bears. It is primarily a bony support for the pad above it, allowing the panda's other digits to grasp bamboo while eating it. The panda's thumb is often cited as a classical example of exaptation, where a trait evolved for one purpose is commandeered for another.[8]

Pat...

Cool stuff...just don't see how it supports Bogfoots divergence from all other know bipeds.

Cervelo,

Unfortunatly we have not made contact with a race of 8 to 10 foot tall humans that live in the forest, so we dont have much to compare Patty with.  The humans that do live in the bush 24/7 make trails/roads.

Assuming the evedence is correct, Sasquatch dont use trails to get around.  It seems that they just go where they please.

PBeaton

Cervelo,

The fossil record is full of structural variations found in bipeds.

Pat...

Skeleton.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest Cervelo

Nakina,

Thats pretty much in direct conflict with all known animal behavior.

As a general rule every other creature on the face of the earth takes the path of least resistance.

Except for the one or ones we can't document they seem to just do things different for sure!

Pat,

For sure!

All shaped by time and evolution to result in what we see today....a global wide similar gait and structural adaptation regardless of terrain or biological isolation.

That does not seem to support Bigfoot's apparent radical divergent gait just to accommodate stepping over trees and living in the mountains.

Edited by Cervelo

PBeaton

Cervelo,

Now...I never said that ! ha ! ha ! It's divergent gait could easily be a result of a number of things, from sheer size/mass. Perhaps the spine lacks some of the curves an doesn't act like a shock absorber, thus the often described leanin' forward at the waist. The legs remainin' bent become the shock absorbers. Speculation on my part I know, just somethin' of I've thought about, as her(P/G sasquatch) back just seems a little straighter to me.

Pat...

Cervelo,

How about the mountain goat,  they seek out the steepest most difficult terrain to inhabit.  Patty and her kinfolk may have similar reasons to live of the beaten path.

Guest Cervelo

Pat,

I know ya didn't...not trying to put words in your mouth. While I know we don't agree very often your viewpoints are always well thought out and always informative!

Nakina,

I get what your saying many animals live in difficult environments....and no doubt when you see what mountain goats do it sure doesn't look like the path of least resistance LOL!

I obviously have little or no confidence in most of the behaviors attributed to Bigfoot...but it's fun to talk about!

Edited by Cervelo

Guest Bigfoothunter

The basic layout of both species is almost identical no such adaption would seem needed nor does there seem to be any evidence of such an adaptation.

Now if one was wearing clown feet and trying to get around Patty is exactly what it would look like!

Can anyone produce an example of someone wearing clown shoes and trying to get around like Patty that actually could do as she did, not to mention getting the same results as she did when leaving her tracks behind?

Sign in to follow this