Reasons Not To Consider The Pgf A Hoax (2)

SweatyYeti

But my impression of Bob Gimlin is that he's sincere in his description of his encounter with Patty.

Bill

That was my take on him as well, Bill. And this was a little over a month ago. For me, the if/maybe/but....thing was cleared up; at least to the point I know Bob believes what he saw that day.

I noticed that you said in another post of yours, Aaron...that, while you feel Bob Gimlin is being completely honest....that there was still the possibility that he was hoaxed....(and possibly Roger, too). But, that actually isn't even a possibility....due to the footprints, at the scene.

If Patty made the footprints....then she must have been a real Sasquatch.....for two reasons. One is due to the overall depth of the tracks...(body weight)....and the 2nd reason would be because these "fake feet", with loosely flopping toes...

PattyFootLiftingUpAG7.gif

....would not have been capable of impressing deeply into the ground, and pushing-up pressure ridges behind them...

LavertyPrint3.jpg

If this was a 'guy-in-a-suit'....then the trackway had to have been faked, at some point....and Bob Gimlin would have been aware of that fact.

So, if you feel certain that Bob is telling the truth about the encounter, Aaron....then you might as well feel certain that Patty was, indeed, a real creature. :)

And, Sweaty, from a one on one private conversation with Bob, he and I are on the same page as far as WHAT sasquatches really are--also to be discussed in the premium section 

I'd be interested in reading that thread! :)

Edited by SweatyYeti
AaronD

Sweaty, I only mentioned the possibility that IF there was any possibility at all of Patty no being a real sasquatch, or the tracks, that Bob was not in on whatever scheme might have been. It was more of a statement to illustrate my confidence in Bob's account being honest, than an actual bone thrown to skeptics...if you wanted to call it sarcasm I wouldn't mind.

As far as the other thread, join the PMP and I'll make sure you get to read it...all 16 pages ;)

Guest Bigfoothunter

Bob had a view of the subject far clearer than what the film stock captured and saw details that we can't see because of the poor image quality. Bob saw the muscles on this creature and is certain that what he saw was a real live flesh and blood animal.

SweatyYeti

Sweaty, I only mentioned the possibility that IF there was any possibility at all of Patty not being a real sasquatch, or the tracks, that Bob was not in on whatever scheme might have been. 

Well, my point was/is, Aaron...that there is an ABSOLUTE ZERO possibility of the scenario you described being true......that, if Patty was not a real Sasquatch, that Bob Gimlin was not aware of it.

If Patty was a 'man in a suit'...then Bob Gimlin must have been aware of it, at the time of the filming......because of the footprints at the scene.

I wanted to make that point, and explain the 'two reasons' behind it...for anyone who thinks that Bob Gimlin could have been hoaxed, himself. That potential scenario is not really 'on the table'. :)

As far as the other thread, join the PMP and I'll make sure you get to read it...all 16 pages  ;)

Sounds good....I'll re-join, in the next day or two. :)

Edited by SweatyYeti
AaronD

So, Sweaty, you wanna sign up for PMP? :)

You are correct BFH, Bob saw everything through his own young (at the time) eyes. He said the images captured fail to show a lot. He also made the comment to the effect that when the film was developed, he wasn't in a hurry to see it because he had already witnessed the real thing.

AaronD

You too BFH! Join PMP and we can discuss more stuff on this. Just a teaser: I'm not too adamant about the squatch being simply an animal :)

Guest Bigfoothunter
If Patty was a 'man in a suit'...then Bob Gimlin must have been aware of it, at the time of the filming......because of the footprints at the scene.

I wanted to make that point, and explain the 'two reasons' behind it...for anyone who thinks that Bob Gimlin could have been hoaxed, himself. That potential scenario is not really 'on the table'. :)

That is a good point.

xspider1

Yep.  The whole thing about Bob G. being there with a rifle makes me think that no one in their right mind would wear a Bigfoot suit and try to fool him in that scenario, I know I wouldn't.  And then there are those who might remind us that Roger and Bob had an agreement not to shoot a Bigfoot if they encountered one.  Ok, I believe that but, I still ain't puttin' on no Bigfoot suit under those circumstances and I don't think that BH or anyone else did either.  And since, BG really seems to be telling the truth: Bingo, there's your monkey.

Edited by xspider1
Backdoc

in long interview(s) on Youtube Bob Gimlim seems convincing that HE at least believes what he saw that day was real.

Backdoc

But my impression of Bob Gimlin is that he's sincere in his description of his encounter with Patty.

Bill

That was my take on him as well, Bill. And this was a little over a month ago. For me, the if/maybe/but....thing was cleared up; at least to the point I know Bob believes what he saw that day.

I noticed that you said in another post of yours, Aaron...that, while you feel Bob Gimlin is being completely honest....that there was still the possibility that he was hoaxed....(and possibly Roger, too). But, that actually isn't even a possibility....due to the footprints, at the scene.

If Patty made the footprints....then she must have been a real Sasquatch.....for two reasons. One is due to the overall depth of the tracks...(body weight)....and the 2nd reason would be because these "fake feet", with loosely flopping toes...

PattyFootLiftingUpAG7.gif

....would not have been capable of impressing deeply into the ground, and pushing-up pressure ridges behind them...

LavertyPrint3.jpg

If this was a 'guy-in-a-suit'....then the trackway had to have been faked, at some point....and Bob Gimlin would have been aware of that fact.

So, if you feel certain that Bob is telling the truth about the encounter, Aaron....then you might as well feel certain that Patty was, indeed, a real creature. :)

And, Sweaty, from a one on one private conversation with Bob, he and I are on the same page as far as WHAT sasquatches really are--also to be discussed in the premium section 

I'd be interested in reading that thread! :)

This is the kind of thoughtful and straight to the point factual posting that demands a little respect from the skeptics.   Clearly the enhanced video shows some flexible foot and extended toes going into flexion on the stepping action. Then it shows some footprints that have convincing toes.   It seems a stretch to make a fake foot to do this as no one has yet.   I would buy is the skeptics convince me it was a man in a suit that was barefoot and had huge feet and hair all over them.  And even then, that would not explain the mid tarsal break in the stepping action.

Backdoc

SweatyYeti

Thank you, Backdoc...and Bigfoothunter... :)

The two points I made, relating to the footprints at the scene are more than just good points, though....they are absolutely 'rock solid'. I think it's important that the 'strength' of the points be emphasized....since, it seems that most points have only 'probabilities' associated with them being true.

It is flat-out impossible for Patty's feet, as fake feet, to have made the footprints at the scene...and, it is impossible for Roger and Bob to have been hoaxed.

And I agree with you, Backdoc, that those points really should be accepted/agreed on by the skeptics. :)

Backdoc

Thank you, Backdoc...and Bigfoothunter... :)

The two points I made, relating to the footprints at the scene are more than just good points, though....they are absolutely 'rock solid'. I think it's important that the 'strength' of the points be emphasized....since, it seems that most points have only 'probabilities' associated with them being true.

It is flat-out impossible for Patty's feet, as fake feet, to have made the footprints at the scene...and, it is impossible for Roger and Bob to have been hoaxed.

And I agree with you, Backdoc, that those points really should be accepted/agreed on by the skeptics. :)

I am not saying they should agree with us because we may think we are right. It is just a heck of a convincing fact this toe mvt and so on is a fact they can't ignore. yet the explaination is always 'it is just a man in a suit and I could make a costume to do that in my garage"  it is THIS type of evidence that leads me from leaning skeptic to 98% convinced this is Real.  it is the failure of the skeptics to explain and reproduce this that makes me 100% convinced.

Backdoc

Rockape

Yep.  The whole thing about Bob G. being there with a rifle makes me think that no one in their right mind would wear a Bigfoot suit and try to fool him in that scenario, I know I wouldn't.  And then there are those who might remind us that Roger and Bob had an agreement not to shoot a Bigfoot if they encountered one.  Ok, I believe that but, I still ain't puttin' on no Bigfoot suit under those circumstances and I don't think that BH or anyone else did either.  And since, BG really seems to be telling the truth: Bingo, there's your monkey.

Bob wasn't just there with a rifle, he pulled it out and had it leveled at Patty in case it made a charge and him or Roger. If someone was hoaxing Bob they played a very dangerous game.

Guest Bigfoothunter

Bob wasn't just there with a rifle, he pulled it out and had it leveled at Patty in case it made a charge and him or Roger. If someone was hoaxing Bob they played a very dangerous game.

Actually Bob says he had his rifle in hand, but had never raised it to shoot, but would have had it turned and started coming towards him.

Backdoc

on Bob and the Rifle,

If there was a hoax Bob might be lying about even having a rifle that day if he was in on the hoax.  If he was hoaxed though he might have thought it was real and shot the Bigfoot. Thus, only later to discover his mistake.

I happen to believe Bob Gimlin and what he saw HE thought was real and I think he is right.

Backdoc

• gigantor unlocked this topic