Admin

The Munns Report (2)

Bill

Yeah. I wouldn't exactly use the word "overwhelming" in any description of the response, but we'll see how things go as people give it more thought and possibly share the info.

Crowdsource funding is a curious thing, it has it's own kind of chemistry in so far as how people respond to it. Sometimes people's interest, enthusiasm, or support for a person's work doesn't translate into effective crowdsource funding, sometimes it does.  Maybe mine doesn't. There's about 28 days more to see how it goes, and if it doesn't work, I simply accept that and move on to another plan to try and accomplish my goals.

Bill

bipedalist

Announcement:

I’ve just set up a new funding campaign and Facebook page for my ongoing efforts to produce a feature documentary on the PGf and the greater Bigfoot/Sasquatch phenomenon.

Please feel free to have a look and comments are welcome on the Facebook Page.

Indiegogo campaign

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/when-roger-met-patty/x/3003146?show_todos=true

On Facebook (please share):

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/When-Roger-met-Patty/409682342462778

www.whenrogermetpatty.com

Looks like a fistbump is in order, good luck with the project Bill, it is pretty well spelled out what you hope to accomplish. 

Bill, why don't you talk to Discovery Channel, or History Channel, or Nat Geo about partnering for a documentary?

PBeaton

Mulder,

I was thinkin' the same.  Or gettin' in touch with Doug Hajicek , Whitewolf Entertainment,  who's already familiar with the subject an doin' programs on it(Monster Quest). Just a thought ? Think I still have his email address if interested Bill.

Pat...

Edited by PBeaton

Bill

Mulder:

I'm doing it myself because a documentary was being developed for the Discovery Channel, featuring a lot of my work, but it got shelved when the DNA thing didn't turn out as strong as expected.

Doug and I are in constant contact, and he's developing things, but what he can sell is different than what I want to do. Fact is, no cable network wants a pure factual documentary anymore. They want reality TV characters and storylines (which they can manipulate for rating boosts).

So my project is the only way I can gaurantee the show format and final edit is in the hands of the researchers, not the cable network programming executives.

Bill

• Upvote 3

Bill

Just wanted to thank the new contributions that came in today. I appreciate your support.

Bill

xspider1

Bill:

In my opinion, you have proven that the PGf was not a hoax, beyond the shadow of a reasonable doubt.  Your research and commentary is light years beyond the PGf skeptical rhetoric.  A signed DVD of your work (and perhaps a poster) would be worth $$ to many people right now, me included.  No lawyers, no accounting firms and no other 'Scientific' acceptance required (just Patricia's ok, I guess).  The Academy Awards should get on board, unless they're ok being wrong about this. Best of luck!  Your work is awesome!  :)  

Bill

xspider1:

Thanks.

As I noted above, one of the main reasons I chose to try and produce my own documentary is to tell the PGF story right, without any program executives taking over and making decisions on what to show and how much time is devoted to what topics, because they just don't know how to tell the story right. They just know how to sensationalize portions to make better viewer eye candy.

Also, if I went with any TV/Cable producers, the Academy Award eligibility would be the first thing to get thrown out, because they wouldn't make the effort to establish eligibility according to Academy Rules. Now granted an actual nomination is a long shot (any documentary is competing with hundreds for only 5 nominations), but the theatrical runs in Los Angeles and New york, where it is advertised as "For Academy Award consideration" will make people take notice of it in a way any regular TV program wouldn't get.

Anyways, it's going to be an adventure, seeing this through.

Bill

• Upvote 1

COGrizzly

If I could help, I would Bill.

AaronD

Bill, I started another thread in the BFF marketplace for those who haven't viewed this thread.    http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/38863-when-roger-met-patty/

Hope it helps :)

Bill

Great.  Thanks, Aaron.

Bill

AaronD

NP Bill, just wanna see this thing through. If all goes decently, when do you think we'll see a first screening?

kbhunter

I for one am looking forward to watching this unfold and wish you best of luck Bill!

Since I have been involved in this, I have really enjoyed all of Bill's wonderful work on the PGF. Your work is absolutely extraordinary and I appreciate Bill for being so very approachable here and answering sometimes not so nice questions with class and dignity. Bill, you happen to be one of the nicest people on this forum and certainly a major part of it.

Thanks again my friend!!

KB

• Upvote 3