Admin

The Munns Report (2)

Bill

Another curious thing at the moment. The main Amazon book listing doesn't recognize the Kindle edition, and I haven't found what thing to do to link them up, so persons interested in the Kindle edition need to go to the Kindle store, and then search the title, and it'll come up. Wierd that on Kindle, the paperback book is referenced, but not the oppossite.So we'll keep working to tweek these minor issues.

Or use the link above (previous post)

Bill

BOQUK

Hi Bill,

Congratulations on the publication of your book which is on sale in the UK through amazon and also has used copies available....!

The look inside bit works as well...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/When-Roger-Patty-William-Munns/dp/1500534021/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406586913&sr=8-1&keywords=When+Roger+Met+Patty

Looking forward to reading on holiday and annoying my family sat by the pool with beer in one hand and book in the other... :beach:

Edited by BOQUK

Bill

Thanks.

The "used books for sale" thing is curious because nobody yet even has it new, so it sounds like sort of speculative selling, but used at twice the price of new, that's not exactly smart.

It'll be a great holidya read.

Bill

kitakaze

Bill, in your book you write, "Many veteran Hollywood Makeup Effects artists have pronounced the film fake, yet these Hollywood critics have not made any effort to take their opinion beyond a sound bite catch phrase and into a formal analysis and proof of the fakery they claim."

Certainly you would consider Chris Walas' analysis to have gone beyond a sound bite catch phrase, no?

PBeaton

kitakaze,

Do you know what analysis Mr. Walas undertook ?

Pat...  

kitakaze

Yes, and along with Bill's analysis, it's available in the forum archives.

xspider1

Kit, In 2010 you said:  "I think both Walas and Heironimus could possibly be wrong. Or modifications could be made that we know nothing about. There might have been a first crack at it by Roger, and then Al looks at it and effectively says, "No, no, no, dummy. That looks like my mother's rug. Let's do this right. Where's the phone?"  http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/872-reasons-not-to-consider-the-pgf-a-hoax/page-4   :scenic:  :banned:  :training:

You also said:  "I think Patty is a joke."  Well, surely you can see that that sort of skeptical rhetoric holds even less water today that it did back then, no?? 

On the other hand: is it ok if we share the links to your book on social media sites, etc., Bill?  As many people should know about actual studies in regard this as possible, in my opinion.  So they can make an informed and accurate decsion of their own!  Thanks.

Edited by xspider1

Teegunn

Just bought and downloaded your book I bought via the kindle app on my Note 3 phone (which is how I have been reading all of my books for several years now).  I am finishing up a book I had started a few days ago then yours is next up Bill!  Can't wait to dig into it!

Actually, I might just jump right in and put the other book on hold.

kitakaze

Kit, In 2010 you said:  "I think both Walas and Heironimus could possibly be wrong. Or modifications could be made that we know nothing about. There might have been a first crack at it by Roger, and then Al looks at it and effectively says, "No, no, no, dummy. That looks like my mother's rug. Let's do this right. Where's the phone?"  http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/872-reasons-not-to-consider-the-pgf-a-hoax/page-4    

That's correct. That was in response to Bill saying that Walas and Heironimus' descriptions could not both be correct. Heironimus did not say he saw a drawstring, but rather was guessing at how the bottom piece of the suit was secured and fastened. Walas was never promoting Heirnomus' claim, rather suggesting how he thought the bottom of the suit was constructed based on his analysis of the suit. He did not claim that a snap-crotch was visible. Walas' analysis was not "these Hollywood critics have not made any effort to take their opinion beyond a sound bite catch phrase."

He is a vastly skilled makeup effects artist who came to the BFF and offered his analysis. He clearly stated from the beginning that he wanted to believe the film, but the more closely he analyzed the footage, the less he was able to think it was not a costume. He was given the same treatment by believers that Munns speaks of getting from skeptics. His analysis as a creature effects person is contrary to that of Munns. The point is that it was not a "sound bite catch phrase."

I congratulate Bill on his effort with his book., though I was surprised to see no mention of Walas' analysis in the book or index. That's a major Hollywood critic who has done much more than a curt dismissal.

SweatyYeti

^

Why not include Walas' work in your "Documentary", kit....along with "three confessions"....the "incriminating 2nd Reel footage"....and a "Patty Suit"....in a Pear Tree???  :music:

• Upvote 1

Backdoc

Did Walas ever make a Patty suit?   I was just wondering since Stan Winston said it could be done today for a couple hundred bucks. With his skill he should be able to make one as easy as wiping his nose.   

Backdoc

SweatyYeti

^

Wow.

kitakaze

It's amazing how inhumanly short the legs and feet on Walas' suit look in that shot. It looks impossible for human legs or feet to be fitting in their with the proportions as there, but there it is, a man in a suit. He's a master at disguising the human form. No wonder he's an Oscar winner.

Edited by kitakaze

SweatyYeti

^

What can I say about the 'arm proportion', other than....Wow.