Admin

Kitakaze's Patty Suit Bombshell (2)

Bill

As I've said, (or tried to say), I'm not taking any claims to a conclusion. They are just that, claims.

But the concept (that Al would have some kind of suit in a display case in his office) is a very credible possibility for a person who four-walled the PGF film around the country. People four-walling a film (a term used for a person who rents a theater and handles all publicity and promotion, and takes all the box office receipts) will usually spend money on various promotional activities, and putting people into costumes to pretend to be the figures seen in the film, was common. My first gig as a makeup artist was doing the makeup show for the Universal Studios tours, and they had a lot of costumed people walking around (called "Strollers") who entertained the visitors, sometimes pretending to be statues and standing perfectly still while visitors examined them, and then suddenly coming alive to scare the visitors. It would have been reasonable for Al to do the same, with a guy in a bigfoot costume in the theater lobby.

The particulars of the claims I really don't concern myself with. As far as I'm concerned, the only real issue is to try and verify if such a thing is in Al's office. If so, what is it really, how was it made, and can an inspection factually refute any claim it's "Patty".

So Kit's phone, Brent's original postings, and all that I personally have no interest in investing time to prove anything true or false. But, hey, it's your time, so spend it as you see fit. I do appreciate the investigative efforts you have taken on, as much as i respect and am intrigued by the remarkable investigative efforts of so many here.

Bill

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti
7 minutes ago, Bill said:

As I've said, (or tried to say), I'm not taking any claims to a conclusion. They are just that, claims.

But the concept (that Al would have some kind of suit in a display case in his office) is a very credible possibility for a person who four-walled the PGF film around the country. People four-walling a film (a term used for a person who rents a theater and handles all publicity and promotion, and takes all the box office receipts) will usually spend money on various promotional activities, and putting people into costumes to pretend to be the figures seen in the film, was common. My first gig as a makeup artist was doing the makeup show for the Universal Studios tours, and they had a lot of costumed people walking around (called "Strollers") who entertained the visitors, sometimes pretending to be statues and standing perfectly still while visitors examined them, and then suddenly coming alive to scare the visitors. It would have been reasonable for Al to do the same, with a guy in a bigfoot costume in the theater lobby.

The particulars of the claims I really don't concern myself with. As far as I'm concerned, the only real issue is to try and verify if such a thing is in Al's office. If so, what is it really, how was it made, and can an inspection factually refute any claim it's "Patty".

So Kit's phone, Brent's original postings, and all that I personally have no interest in investing time to prove anything true or false. But, hey, it's your time, so spend it as you see fit.

I sure will, Bill. I have been doing this for many years...and plan on continuing to do whatever I can, for the film....(for years to come, hopefully.) 

That includes trying to get to the bottom of kit's claim...and Brent's, also...if he wants to reveal more about his original story.

I do appreciate the investigative efforts you have taken on, as much as i respect and am intrigued by the remarkable investigative efforts of so many here.

Bill

Thanks, Bill. :) 

Backdoc
34 minutes ago, Bill said:

That makes sense.  My Q is knowing for certain if anyone might remember such an ape costume at one of the viewings.  

What happens in one town might not happen in another and memories can fade so even if an attendee does t remember an ape costumed person doesn’t mean it didn’t occur.  What happens at one theater site doesn’t necessarily reflect what occurred at another. 

I remember in 1972 or 73 we watched a Saturday night local channel late show feature called Creature Feature.  This show sponsored by a local siding company would feature 4-5 characters dressed up doing skits on intermission.  Vincent the vampire, the wolf man and so on.   They would show movies like old school Frankenstein or the Incredible Shrinking Man.   One time the show came to my hometown for a promotion bringing with them a monster buggy car.  The dressed up characters rode in the buggy.  The turn out was really big.  Yet, I have yet to find any private pics from people who were there that day.  I’m sure our local paper probably had something.  Otherwise, it’s on pure memory.

in this way I can understand such 4 walling might have occurred using such an ape suit and yet not many specific memories as to what was there and what wasn’t.  

I just wonder if anyone claims to remember or better yet has a picture.

Bill

costumed strollers are rarely (almost never) the more memorable experience visitors have, and I would not expect an ape-suited man in the theater lobby to make an impression strong enough to overwhelm the impression of the film itself. So I would not be surprised if you found people who remembered seeing the film, but had no memory of such a lobby character. Nowadays, people love to take selfies with a stroller at a theme park, but in the 1960's "selfies" were unheard of, and the camera somebody had would ration it's shots. Plus, back then, nobody took a camera to a theater.

So I don't have high hopes that such a speculated costume performer at the theater can ever be verified.

Huntster
7 hours ago, Twist said:

^^. The skeptics you speak of must only be those that are skeptical of things you believe in correct?.......

Nope. The skeptics I refer to are the ones who have created an industry, a religion, and/or an ideology of skepticism, or have fallen into the ideology or religion as groupies. I'm a skeptic, especially of people who claim to be skeptics. AFAIC, skepticism has simply become a fad akin to being addicted to Perry Mason, Matlock, LA Law, and every other disgusting lawyer-drama drivel that Hollywood has spawned.

..........Anything your skeptical of, say man colonizing mars or other planets is perfectly acceptable to be skeptical about.

Anything at all is perfectly acceptable to be skeptical about if you don't mind looking like an idiot. For example, denying that US astronauts walked on the moon. Or talking about colonizing Mars like it's just the construction of another suburban shopping mall.

• Upvote 1

Twist

No offense but most of your views and opinions come off as nothing but a maniacal old man angry at the world, shaking your fist at the clouds for no other reason than being mad at said clouds for existing. I can no longer take anything you say as serious other than to lol at your opinion and views.

I’d expect nothing but less from you in return.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

gigantor

• Upvote 1