Admin

Kitakaze's Patty Suit Bombshell (2)

roguefooter

What kitakaze "believes" doesn't matter to me....not in the slightest. It's the truthfulness of the claim, and the impact it has on the general public's perception, that I care about."

That strikes me as a bit odd Sweaty. This would imply that you consider Kits words, and the truthfulness ( or lack of) of his claim, to potentially carry some weight with the general publics perception of BF or the PGF. But just yesterday you said that " Good science carries a heck of a lot more weight than mere words. Where have kitakaze's and tontar's 'truckloads of words' gotten us, regarding the PGF??"

I think you're confusing the merit of claims versus propaganda. Claims with nothing to back them up are worthless, scientifically they hold no weight. But at the same time those claims can become propaganda which can have an impact on the general public's perception.

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti

What kitakaze "believes" doesn't matter to me....not in the slightest. It's the truthfulness of the claim, and the impact it has on the general public's perception, that I care about."

That strikes me as a bit odd Sweaty. This would imply that you consider Kits words, and the truthfulness ( or lack of) of his claim, to potentially carry some weight with the general publics perception of BF or the PGF. But just yesterday you said that " Good science carries a heck of a lot more weight than mere words. Where have kitakaze's and tontar's 'truckloads of words' gotten us, regarding the PGF??"

So it would seem that in one scenario you give credence to Kits statements, in fact you fear they will have a negative impact on public perception of the PGF and the very existence of the poor, near human creature.  ( I would argue that such a "public perception" does not exist and that, in fact, not too many people really care or are even aware of the PGF).

Yet in another breath you dismiss his comments as mere words that get no one anywhere.

So which is it? I'm confused...   :)

I'll write a lengthier response later on tonight, dmaker...but, regarding that highlighted statement of yours...kitakaze's claim does carry some weight, because of two factors.....1) the fact that it has yet to be shown beyond all doubt....(proven)....that Patty is a real Sasquatch.....and, because of how strongly/definitively he worded his claim.

Cervelo wrote:

He's been gone for months but Sweaty keeps bringing him up that's really all ya need to know

His claim is still here, Cervelo. And, as of right now....we don't know all that there is to know, about it. I think his claim needs some good ol' investigatin', myself. ;)

I think SY's point is that Kit made the claim he has found the suit used in the PGF, and that is a strong and potentially damaging claim to make without proof in hand to back it up.

I think Bill Munns is still investigating the possibility of kits claim, but it's neither here nor there to me. I'd say the fact Kit disappeared just as his proof was supposed to be presented says it all.

Kit was full of it.

Very good post, Rockape... ;)

Edited by SweatyYeti

So it would seem that in one scenario you give credence to Kits statements, in fact you fear they will have a negative impact on public perception of the PGF and the very existence of the poor, near human creature.  ( I would argue that such a "public perception" does not exist and that, in fact, not too many people really care or are even aware of the PGF).

Yet in another breath you dismiss his comments as mere words that get no one anywhere.

So which is it? I'm confused...   :)

I'll write a lengthier response later on tonight, dmaker...but, regarding that highlighted statement of yours...kitakaze's claim does carry some weight, because of two factors.....1) the fact that it has yet to be shown beyond all doubt....(proven)....that Patty is a real Sasquatch.....and, because of how strongly/definitively he worded his claim.

Cervelo wrote:

He's been gone for months but Sweaty keeps bringing him up that's really all ya need to know

His claim is still here, Cervelo. And, as of right now....we don't know all that there is to know, about it. I think his claim needs some good ol' investigatin', myself. ;)

I think SY's point is that Kit made the claim he has found the suit used in the PGF, and that is a strong and potentially damaging claim to make without proof in hand to back it up.

I think Bill Munns is still investigating the possibility of kits claim, but it's neither here nor there to me. I'd say the fact Kit disappeared just as his proof was supposed to be presented says it all.

Kit was full of it.

Very good post, Rockape... ;)

None of it matters because BF doesn't even exist! The general public think it is laughable that a critter like BF could exist and remain uncatalogued by science, BF is not even on the radar of legitimate science. Even more mysterious is why or how grown men can still believe that BF is out there. 

I used to believe, but rather than huff and puff about what the skeptics were saying, I thought about it and it woke me up and made me look at the whole picture, aside from what I wanted to see. I now find the whole BF thing a curiosity, and I am fascinated by the lengths people will go to justify their cause. The fact that people are still slamming Kit, after all this time, says more about them, and their secret fears that Kit was actually right about BF, than it says about Kit.

There is no BF, just bigfootery...hard to say which one is more fascinating. Just sayn'!

Flame away...

SweatyYeti

summitwalker 'huffed and puffed'.....as he 'slammed Bigfooters'... :lol: ...

I used to believe, but rather than huff and puff about what the skeptics were saying, I thought about it and it woke me up and made me look at the whole picture, aside from what I wanted to see. I now find the whole BF thing a curiosity, and I am fascinated by the lengths people will go to justify their cause.

The fact that people are still slamming Kit, after all this time, says more about them, and their secret fears that Kit was actually right about BF, than it says about Kit.

We really should "go after/slam" kit, summit....after all, it was he who called for "hardball questioning" of Bob Gimlin...at 80-something years of age. :)

roguefooter

None of it matters because BF doesn't even exist! The general public think it is laughable that a critter like BF could exist and remain uncatalogued by science, BF is not even on the radar of legitimate science. Even more mysterious is why or how grown men can still believe that BF is out there. 

You should be asking yourself why or how grown men could still throw tantrums like this.

• Upvote 2

Bigfoothunter

You should be asking yourself why or how grown men could still throw tantrums like this.

No kidding ... for 'summitwalker' comes off sounding more like a 'summit-squawker'. Where he used to complain about skeptics .... he now complains about believers. And (why???) one may ask .... because he has a mild curiosity about the whole Bigfoot thing .... or so he says.

bighunter43

I have never understood people like Summitwalker and others who don't believe....if you don't believe then why would you frequent a Bigfoot forum? Why would you even care what believers think? If it's not real, whatever we say doesn't affect you anyway! I don't believe in Aliens, and guess what, I've never been to an Alien Message Board.....can't understand why someone who doesn't believe would bother to be here!!!!

• Upvote 1

Rockape

Denial-4.jpg

OntarioSquatch

It seems at one point Summitwalker used to believe and to this very day it still affects him. Much like the skeptics on the JREF it seems :P . I've always found it fascinating because most people who no longer believe in Bigfoot wouldn't spend a single second on here or any other Bigfoot website, yet there are those who claim Bigfoot isn't a worthy topic and so on, but come here on a regular basis. What's up with that?

Holy typical cult response Batman!

What a treat to read such a series of posts.

Bigfoothunter

It seems at one point Summitwalker used to believe and to this very day it still affects him. Much like the skeptics on the JREF it seems :P . I've always found it fascinating because most people who no longer believe in Bigfoot wouldn't spend a single second on here or any other Bigfoot website, yet there are those who claim Bigfoot isn't a worthy topic and so on, but come here on a regular basis. What's up with that?

I can see a disbeliever coming onto a forum like this to see if there is any new evidence being presented that may sway them, but the uncontrollable all or nothing type of emotion they project to sway others goes way beyond a 'mild curiosity' in my view.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

roguefooter

Woah, did everybody hear and feel that face-melting BOMBSHELL blast?

Yeah, me neither.

Probably just Summitwalker slamming the door.

Edited by roguefooter

TimB

That face-melting bombshell has transcended to techno music embodied that uses it's power of veracity and verification to fight credit card theft in Korea.

SweatyYeti

^

kitakaze wrote:

So let Bigfooters think I am all words and words and word. That's fine. I'll write more words and words.

When the hammer falls, I promise you, there will be a storm of words from every corner"

"Words and words and words"... :lol: 

Doc Holliday

sorry sweaty, I think he's gone bro.....unless sock puppets are in use.

while I didn't have high hopes for it, I did sort of hope he (  or anyone else) had something tangible to finally put the pgf thing to rest.

apparently he didn't.