"bigfoot Caught On Tape Ouachita National Forest."

I'm of the school of thought that even fakes should be analyzed at length to find markers of being fake, to more easily identify fakes from authentic or potentially authentic evidence.

This is a video allegedly taken at an area called Shady Lake in Arkansas. Personally, based on what I know to be accepted truth about Sasquatch, I believe this is a hoax. There isnt much data in the video, it's pretty grainy. But what I first noticed to be interesting about the video is what eventually raised a red flag for me. The subject has a very exaggerated gait which causes a lot of up-and-down movement around the head and shoulders, almost a bouncing motion. If Patty, and a lot of the reports I've heard, are to be taken as legitimate, this movement is wrong for a Bigfoot... isnt it said that their gait barely causes any shoulder movement, and they appear to glide like a human on a bike or a skateboard?

Could be anything.

Could be a person with a black jacket pulled up over his/her head...

I definitely see a large upright animal walking. Of course...could be a human..but it does look *rotund* to me.

Edited by ronn1

TedSallis

I must be really going blind because I cannot see how anyone can see ANYTHING here.

TD-40

A real sasquatch wouldn't be walking 20 yards away from a human like that. He'd be hiding behind a tree and spying on you.

The still frame of the video actually looks a bit like the Florida Skunk Ape photos. Hmm... maybe there is more to this than I thought.

WV FOOTER

Not buying it, like was stated before, could be anything.

Thepattywagon

So the guy is shining a flashlight around wildly, yet the subject walks right out in full view...

Okie dokie.

Airdale

I concur with Thepattywagon, totally out of character behavior even for a blobsquatch.

I took a few stills from the video and after changing the contrast, brightness and colors something looked very familiar.  I think I found the suit that was used in the video. Take a look and let me know what you think.

mr68u8.png

30c909f.jpg

29cs77s.png

And the winner is:

2d9ahyf.jpg

2rzw205.png

JiggyPotamus

Here is the thing. The scenario itself just does not make sense when one takes into account what is known about sasquatch. A sasquatch being this close to a person, literally walking right beside them, rarely happens. And I can only recall a handful of encounter reports where such a thing occurred, and with numbers that small, one must conclude that this behavior is highly irregular. And why was the guy filming in the first place? If they had heard something, why was it worth filming. If they were out looking for bigfoot, surely they would have heard some kind of movement off to their right, where the creature supposedly originates from, and thus the camera would have been facing that direction. But more imporantly, as I said, a sasquatch would be very unlikely to do what we see in the video.

Another problem stems from the quality of the video. I can understand why many videos look blurry or are of bad quality. By the time someone gets a camera out during a sighting, the bigfoot is probably going to be some distance away. If it thinks it has been made, it is not going to hand around while someone attempts to close in on it. Thus running towards a bigfoot is not going to get one anywhere most of the time. And since there will be a distance between observer and subject, and since most cameras are not made for shooting at such distances, the image is not going to be all that great. Zooming in just makes it worse when trying to freehand a camera, since we all know that the slightest movement will translate into a huge movement of whatever is being filmed. And in this video the subject is so close, yet the quality is so bad. This is not proof of a hoax, but it is indicative of one.

And then there is the suit itself. Or what we can see of it out of the blurriness. There is a bare chest, which looks highly unnatural. It even looks like it is plastic or something, lol. The head looks all jacked up to. The shape does not look very convincing either. And I love how the bigfoot, which apparently was fleeing the scene rather slowly with people right beside it, decides to turn around and face its pursuers (which were not even pursuing him, lol). It's like bigfoot came up to some guy standing still with a camera, then walks right beside him, exposing its back, and then decides to turn around and say hi. It is just comical. This was obviously made by someone who did not think things through. They may have thought they had a bit of knowledge regarding bigfoot, but they obviously didn't. This is just a massive fail video. And unfortunately all that will happen is someone will try to best someone else, and we are going to get more really good hoaxes than crappy ones like this.

But the good thing is that unless a video is quite clear and quite close, it is pretty useless as evidence anyway. At least in the sense that the video cannot be used for convincing someone of the existence of bigfoot. But for reasearchers even blurry and long distance shots can be extremely useful for determining certain aspects of these animals, and learning about them. I personally feel that there is so little written information, definitive information, that we need to gather data from every possible source. But it is hard to know what to keep and what to throw out. We don't want to throw the proverbial baby out with the bath water, as it were.

I couldn't help but notice that the belly area of the subject looks too white, almost like it's wearing a fanny pack or something around its middle.  Is Bigfoot getting fashion-concious? (If so, he's a couple of decades late on the fanny pack thing, lol)  Or is it just a really bad suit?  I vote for the latter.

Wow, I think squatcher got it, good call and nice work. Hats off sir

Love when the suit can be ID'd xP

Skookum Chuck

Plussed!  Good catch squatcher!